Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Plans To Port Warframe To The Nintendo Nx?

(PSN)Magician_NG

The minute i heard warframe and nintendo i laughed myself into a coma

Calm down Kratos, there's no need to be upset because Playstation all-star wasn't as good as Smash Bros... :3

Come oooon guys, if you aren't working for Sony,Microsoft or anything, why should you care about the console wars? Why?

(Look at Phil Spencer, he doesn't care! Even Nintendo people like Masahiro Sakurai play the PS4)

Calm down Kratos, there's no need to be upset because Playstation all-star wasn't as good as Smash Bros... :3

Come oooon guys, if you aren't working for Sony,Microsoft or anything, why should you care about the console wars? Why?

(Look at Phil Spencer, he doesn't care! Even Nintendo people like Masahiro Sakurai play the PS4)

Comparing a gaming systems is like comparing d sizes or calculators in middle school

Currently Nintendo is a bit at odds with 3rd party developers... but I can say one thing with a relative degree of certainty.

Even if DE was doing this (which I am inclined to doubt) there is absolutely positively no way they would be able to discuss any details of anything for a console that hasn't even officially been announced other than "it's a project"

Currently Nintendo is a bit at odds with 3rd party developers... but I can say one thing with a relative degree of certainty.

Microsoft isn't exactly pro 3rd party either.  Look how easy they make updating a game.  They won't unless money is involved.

Nintendo just doesn't understand online.  All of Japan really.

Microsoft isn't exactly pro 3rd party either.  Look how easy they make updating a game.  They won't unless money is involved.

Nintendo just doesn't understand online.  All of Japan really.

Microsoft isn't terribly pro 3rd party... but 3rd parties basically HAVE TO deal with them because it's like 80% of the PC game market share.

They also make up a much larger chunk of the console market than nintendo does, and because of the required peripherals it's harder to develop for (I'm not so sure about how the Wii U is coded but I know the gap between PS4 and XBone and PC is smaller than it ever has been programming wise, making it much easier to port to).

Nintendo is really in a similar place that Android is when it comes to 3rd party devs... there's not much faith and there's a real concern that the ROI isn't there.

Microsoft isn't terribly pro 3rd party... but 3rd parties basically HAVE TO deal with them because it's like 80% of the PC game market share.

They also make up a much larger chunk of the console market than nintendo does, and because of the required peripherals it's harder to develop for (I'm not so sure about how the Wii U is coded but I know the gap between PS4 and XBone and PC is smaller than it ever has been programming wise, making it much easier to port to).

Nintendo is really in a similar place that Android is when it comes to 3rd party devs... there's not much faith and there's a real concern that the ROI isn't there.

MS does now...but this gen of consoles has been a huge sales failure so...who cares?

The NX might sell like the Wii who knows?

Madworld, another Platinum nintendo only masterpiece, was the goriest game to come out in a generation.

Well that idea is still floating about after the GameCube and Nintendo refusing any games with a M rating like RE to be on their system because they were trying to be the "family friendly" system. But when their sales took a huge hit and there was a lot of backlash so they changed their minds eventually.

Third party devs avoided Nintendo because the hardware was garbage, the formats were garbage, and the list goes on.

Has nothing to do with image. Nintendo's image is their own doing. If your platform is weak, no one can work with it, you're left with what you put out yourself and thus create your own image.

This has been an issue with Nintendo for ages, and now their first hd console was a complete flop.

If they don't get their asses in gear and realize hardware matters, then they are done.

It won't matter if the NX doesn't have the right hardware. The NX would have to be an x86-64 processor and be running a graphics chip with embedded DirectX support (licensed from Microsoft). If it doesn't have x86-64 processor, no Warframe. If it doesn't have a version of DirectX in its OS, no Warframe.

I find it unlikely that Nintendo will license DirectX like Sony did for the PS4. On those grounds alone, there will never be Warframe on the NX.

Well that idea is still floating about after the GameCube and Nintendo refusing any games with a M rating like RE to be on their system because they were trying to be the "family friendly" system. But when their sales took a huge hit and there was a lot of backlash so they changed their minds eventually.

Ummm what? Both the Gamecube and Wii had M rated Resident Evil games. REmake was on the Gamecube, RE4 was on both systems hell it premiered as a GC exclusive, not to mention the two Chronicles games.

Edited by (PS4)DrakoVongola96

Ummm what? Both the Gamecube and Wii had M rated Resident Evil games. REmake was on the Gamecube, RE4 was on both systems hell it premiered as a GC exclusive, not to mention the two Chronicles games.

Yes,but originally they weren't going allow it.

Or did you miss the whole bit of there being a backlash and them changing their mind?

Must have been a pretty short-lived backlash, REmake was practically a launch title o-o

It was one of the reasons I never bought a GameCube, that and one look at the controllers had me saying nope because it fit in the palm of my hand and I knew Nintendo was aiming at just kids with the system as they were lagging behind in the visual department and going cell shaded.

Edited by SilvaDreams

If they don't get their asses in gear and realize hardware matters, then they are done.

What a laughable statement - Nintendo aren't part of the console wars because they don't need to be.

The Wii U didn't do so well because Nintendo put out solid machines that don't break and bust like the other consoles - no one needed a Wii U because their Wii's still worked just fine.

Hardware matters, eh? Then why are you paying a premium for aging, midgrade tech? If hardware matters to you - then you'd have a PC.

Nintendo will never be 'done' - they have their place and they stick to it. Frankly I'll take them and their solid releases that ACTUALLY WORK over the buggy down-scaled garbage that the other two have consistently produced over the last 10yrs.

Nintendo aren't in the console fight because Microsoft and Sony are firmly centred on kicking each other in the shins - so why get involved? The console wars are ALL about marketing a shoddy product to gullible consumers - I wouldn't want to be a part of that either if my reputation was built on being solid, dependable and above all else - Fun!