Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Plans To Port Warframe To The Nintendo Nx?

(PSN)Magician_NG

Nintendo actually doesn't mind gory games (Resident Evil says "hi.")  The thing with Nintendo is that they don't particularly enjoy 3rd parties they don't have any power over developing games for their consoles.  They're control freaks in that way.  They generally only hit on the most popular 3rd party developed games, because money is still money in the end, they just ask for a lot of it in return for opening their doors to a developer.  Still waiting for a new Rogue Squadron.

Mind, their next console has to be powerful enough to RUN Warframe in an ungutted state.  Nintendo isn't entirely about graphics like the other two houses, which is why they can sell their hardware for cheap.

Edited by Littleman88

Nah nintendo is to bichy they provably wont want the port themselves lest them stick to their million diferent mario games inb4 this post is taken down by nintendo

This is not a criticism of DE but Nintendo have forgotten more about game design than DE or most developers will ever know. No true gamer would slate Nintendo, their positon in the gaming pantheon is well deserved.

I don't think that DE will have enough time to make the port so that the NX will have it at launch.

Also Nintendo (from what I know) don't like gory games.

But hey, it might be possible.

mm... What about the fact that CoD Black Ops is on Wii U?.... Unless i'm mistaken the Wii U is Nintendo and Black Ops is gory... So... Yeah.... 

Edited by Firehead331

They generally only hit on the most popular 3rd party developed games, because money is still money in the end, they just ask for a lot of it in return for opening their doors to a developer.

That's not really true though. There's a lot of low tier and not very popular 3rd party games on nintendo platforms.

Nintendo isn't entirely about graphics like the other two houses, which is why they can sell their hardware for cheap.

Pushing hardware and making a few games look good isn't the same as being entirely about graphics.

That's not really true though. There's a lot of low tier and not very popular 3rd party games on nintendo platforms.

Pushing hardware and making a few games look good isn't the same as being entirely about graphics.

It's a matter of art direction vs. graphics, as in graphical fidelity.  Warframe is a good bit of both.  Super Mario Galaxy looks f***ing phenomenal despite the limitations of the console it ran on.  It's part of why most of Nintendo's games are stylishly cartoony/anime over gritty realism, which Resident Evil did pull off well, but it wasn't a game with a pacing that relied on 30-60fps to support twitchy game play either.

Where Warframe might sit on the new Nintendo console is still up for debate, but I wouldn't count on that console being on par with the XBOne or the PS4.

Edited by Littleman88

I reallllly hope so!! :)

I don't think that DE will have enough time to make the port so that the NX will have it at launch.

Devil's Third.

Manhunt 2.

MORTAL KOMBAT 1, 2, 3, Ultimate

Nah nintendo is to bichy they provably wont want the port themselves lest them stick to their million diferent mario games inb4 this post is taken down by nintendo

"million different mario games"

Alright, alright, we get it : "PCmustardrace" etc...

Nintendo actually doesn't mind gory games (Resident Evil says "hi.")  The thing with Nintendo is that they don't particularly enjoy 3rd parties they don't have any power over developing games for their consoles.  They're control freaks in that way.  They generally only hit on the most popular 3rd party developed games, because money is still money in the end, they just ask for a lot of it in return for opening their doors to a developer.  Still waiting for a new Rogue Squadron.

Mind, their next console has to be powerful enough to RUN Warframe in an ungutted state.  Nintendo isn't entirely about graphics like the other two houses, which is why they can sell their hardware for cheap.

I 50% agree with you BUT you gotta keep in mind that 3rd parties actually avoided them for the pas generations, hiding behind excuses (sometimes valid,sometimes wrong)... Again, just because of the idea people have that Nintendo = kindergarten games... :/

Then they can port it again when Nintendo makes a new console in three years time. The NX-U.

Another "Nintendo didn't improve since the 64 console" comment...

How do you know?

This is not a criticism of DE but Nintendo have forgotten more about game design than DE or most developers will ever know. No true gamer would slate Nintendo, their positon in the gaming pantheon is well deserved.

Hah! Finally! Thank you.

You just don't want Warframe on a Nintendo console Adun, just admit it... -_-

We should probably wait and see what exactly the NX even is.

Wisest comment so far. :)

Edited by unknow99

Madworld, another Platinum nintendo only masterpiece, was the goriest game to come out in a generation.

Edited by Sonos

The minute i heard warframe and nintendo i laughed myself into a coma

But dude come on, if they get warframe on a Nintendo platform we will probably see something from Nintendo in warframe....imagine...Pika prime ​ Mario Prime.

Edited by BlazerEraser