Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Focus Changes From A Focus Powerfarmer

Epsik-kun

Here's screenshot from one earlier Focus Farm Draco runs I still have - 2 slow, 2 fast, no booster.

CC3TkX0.jpg?1

After changes I seem to get like 30~50% less average Focus, and I do pick up all these convergence boosters.

And I have to say, it is perfectly fine. I've powerfarmed Vazarin around the tree for some time, changed to Naramon, powerfarmed its passives and CD reduction, changed to Zenurik and farm it now.

Prior to the change, I've been getting close to zero Focus when I didn't use RJ build. Now I get some bits of Focus through just playing the game.

Also, It is possible (and is relative easy) to hit your limit cap even after the changes. It will take two - four Draco runs without an affinity booster and up to a single Draco run with.

Focus is supposed to be an end-game slow-paced grindfest. DE indeed nerfed the speed of grinding Focus, however they more than compensated it with increasing the daily limit. They want Focus to be farmed slowly - they showed it us when they introduced the Focus cap. Yet, just for hardcore powerfarmer, they intentionally left an opportunity to get your Focus affinity 33% faster than before, albeit while giving more effort.

The change pushes DE's idea of Focus, and I am perfectly fine with it. Now it would be also great if actual active focus skills weren't such garbage with 5 minutes cooldowns, but that's a story for another time.

I really wish that Focus as a whole were more interactive. Passives are just buffs gated behind a cooldown that can be used to complete specific builds or disregarded. The actives are really only used to access the passives. 

I think it would be better if passives were tied to something other than ability activation, and if it cost less to fill out the tree (gain access to passives) but more to upgrade it. I agree that focus should be a long-term goal, but the lackluster actives and slow access to new passives encourages players to grind it as fast as possible more than is necessary. 

It doesn't help that acquiring lenses is so unreliable, either. 

Focus is supposed to be an end-game slow-paced grindfest. DE indeed nerfed the speed of grinding Focus, however they more than compensated it with increasing the daily limit. They want Focus to be farmed slowly - they showed it us when they introduced the Focus cap. Yet, just for hardcore powerfarmer, they intentionally left an opportunity to get your Focus affinity 33% faster than before, albeit while giving more effort.

A couple things.  First I'd like to see your source for the comment that it is supposed to be slow paced grinding.  Your personal belief isn't a source, btw.  Second, if they nerfed the speed, raising the cap doesn't compensate anything, it is actually detrimental since now it will take longer and you need to farm more.  For people like myself who want to cap it every day following the reset and move on to something more fun, that isn't compensation.  Also, from what I've seen, they did nothing beneficial for the hardcore power farmer.  They actually nerfed every method short of Draco with groups and using 4 lensed items.

imo, the passives should be just that, PASSIVES.....having to activate an ability to activate PASSIVES makes them NOT passive. (CD times are a whole other thing, ones that should A) only apply to active ability 'add-ons' and B) should ONLY be up to 15 seconds per 'add-on' instead of the ridiculous 45 seconds)

as for the focus gains...i STILL dislike the fact they nerfed the lens's a huge amount...basically making focus gain treuly a co-op thing...well what if i didnt want to play with a group> why should I be punished by getting pathetic amounts of focus because I am being forced to use a pickup (that really should be instant buff to all players in a squad that have lenses installed, instead of a good for nothing pickup that spawns up to back at the start point (yes, I've had a few of those happen....it was pathetic)  I have seen some players getting 17k focus during the 45 second run, but again that is with the FORCED convergence pickup

yes, i know focus is supposed to be long-gains...but a GAME should not be a 2nd or even 3rd job.....it shouldn't take 4-5 months per SCHOOL (due to the 100k a day cap IN TOTAL....it really should be 100k per school per day) since they did the convergence stuff, I've yet to even break 5k focus a day, and that is with playing in groups with my clan....pre-convergence, i had FUN doing stealth runs because i KNEW it was worthwhile....now, its boring as hek...especially with the pick-up spawning far far away from me.

First I'd like to see your source for the comment that it is supposed to be slow paced grinding.  Your personal belief isn't a source, btw.  Second, if they nerfed the speed, raising the cap doesn't compensate anything, it is actually detrimental since now it will take longer and you need to farm more.  For people like myself who want to cap it every day following the reset and move on to something more fun, that isn't compensation.  Also, from what I've seen, they did nothing beneficial for the hardcore power farmer.  They actually nerfed every method short of Draco with groups and using 4 lensed items.

You have to be blind to still not see that it is supposed to be slow paced grinding, btw.

This proves you never actually powerfarmed Focus. Rising Focus cap allows you to farm it faster, because your daily limit (which is easily achievable) is 33% higher now. You can get more focus daily. You level Focus Trees faster. You have to work harder to achieve this, but it's a fair trade off.

I played some Void, done Raid, dropped Affinity booster there, ran Draco two times and voila - cap is reached.

EXDsfwI.jpg

Here's result of a pretty bad cap2 Draco wave with Affinity Booster on:

bD68BM9.jpg

It means you can easily get 15k-20k of Focus per cap2 Draco wave without using a booster. It takes 5-7 cap2 waves total to max out Focus, assuming you will do nothing else.

Prolonged Survivals can net you over 10k focus, if you play them. Regular missions can give 500+ each.

You aren't forced to farm it, however if you dedicate yourself to it - you can farm focus at much higher pace than before. So, if you made yourself a rule, that you have to max Focus cap daily - work on it, and don't complain to DE.

You have to be blind to still not see that it is supposed to be slow paced grinding, btw.

This proves you never actually powerfarmed Focus. Rising Focus cap allows you to farm it faster, because your daily limit (which is easily achievable) is 33% higher now. You can get more focus daily. You level Focus Trees faster. You have to work harder to achieve this, but it's a fair trade off.

I played some Void, done Raid, dropped Affinity booster there, ran Draco two times and voila - cap is reached.

EXDsfwI.jpg

Here's result of a pretty bad cap2 Draco wave with Affinity Booster on:

bD68BM9.jpg

It means you can easily get 15k-20k of Focus per cap2 Draco wave without using a booster. It takes 5-7 cap2 waves total to max out Focus, assuming you will do nothing else.

Prolonged Survivals can net you over 10k focus, if you play them. Regular missions can give 500+ each.

You aren't forced to farm it, however if you dedicate yourself to it - you can farm focus at much higher pace than before. So, if you made yourself a rule, that you have to max Focus cap daily - work on it, and don't complain to DE.

See, the near required usage of Draco to get any of these sorts gains without wanting to quit the game for the day out of boredom is what has people pissed off. Solo players essentially ate a huge phallic object with this update.

Stop focusing on 'muh Draco' and look at the big picture. More was taken than was given, increasing the tedium and forcing players who want decent focus gains to do exactly the thing so many people have been railing against.

For what its worth, I don't care if the cap is raised, because if I play solo I'll have jumped off a balcony long before I even get close to that daily cap.

Edited by Xcedis

See, the near required usage of Draco to get any of these sorts gains without wanting to quit the game for the day out of boredom is what has people pissed off. Solo players essentially ate a huge phallic object with this update.

Stop focusing on 'muh Draco' and look at the big picture. More was taken than was given, increasing the tedium and forcing players who want decent focus gains to do exactly the thing so many people have been railing against.

For what its worth, I don't care if the cap is raised, because if I play solo I'll have jumped off a balcony long before I even get close to that daily cap.

It is required to max the cap. You, on the other hand, aren't required to max the cap. You can slowly level Focus by just playing the game - much faster than how it was before.

Stop focusing on what you think Focus should be and think about what DE wants it to be. There were anger outbreaks when the very first Focus Cap was introduced, yet the cap stayed. DE pretty much clearly showed, that they don't want to get the whole system maxed in one week.
There was a problem with balancing Focus gain, which indeed "forced" you into actually farming Focus if you wanted to get more than 1k per day. That problem is solved - you can level Focus Trees without actually farming Focus. It works.

Focus gain became harder for everyone, not just for you. The only person who will gain more focus than you is the one that won't jump off a balcony. So, he will be rewarded for his patience while you will not.

It is like levels past 90 in Diablo 2 (except for being like 50 times easier). They are there, but no one in a sane mind will take them into an account when he makes a build. You can get there eventually, but even with powerfarming like mad it will take several month.

Meanwhile, if you think that current Focus gain makes it virtually impossible to reach the daily cap, I have to inform you, that you are a casual player, hence I see no reason why are you even bothered by the Focus cap at all. It isn't meant for you. It meant for people who are willing to grind the hell out of the Focus for semi-significant advantage over the rest of the player base.

lol.  You know how much I could net from 20 minutes in a survival before this change?  20k, easily, solely from my frame for a simple 20 minute survival where I was farming other things already.  That is how you make something to passively level up, not forcing people to go pick up an item and ignore all common sense in order to get as many kills as possible in the time frame that item provides.

Btw, this is feedback.  Your opinions are no more valid nor important than mine and, when you make a thread, you should be prepared for disagreements with other people.  Saying that you are allowed to applaud a feature while I can't complain about it is the epitome of foolishness.

So your source is that it is something you've entirely fabricated without any actual information from DE.  Next time just say, "I made this up," as opposed to trying to validate it with nonsense.

I actually have power farmed focus every day since the system went live on my platform.  It's why I have every passive for every school active and most of them maxed out entirely.  The simple fact of the matter is that I don't want to be forced into playing Draco when there are, literally, a hundred other nodes that could be played instead.  I am forced to go into Draco under the new system, however, thus furthering the problem of Draco being greater than the majority of the Star-chart.

lol.  You know how much I could net from 20 minutes in a survival before this change?  20k, easily, solely from my frame for a simple 20 minute survival where I was farming other things already.  That is how you make something to passively level up, not forcing people to go pick up an item and ignore all common sense in order to get as many kills as possible in the time frame that item provides.

Btw, this is feedback.  Your opinions are no more valid nor important than mine and, when you make a thread, you should be prepared for disagreements with other people.  Saying that you are allowed to applaud a feature while I can't complain about it is the epitome of foolishness.

Guess what had changed?

Btw, epitome of foolishness is you trying to complain about me saying you shouldn't complain. I am free to state whatever I want, you are free to interpret it whenever way you want. The only one who thought that my random opinion might be more valid than your random opinion is you, which is amusing because this is what you are essentially complaining about. Also, stop complaining.

So your source is that it is something you've entirely fabricated without any actual information from DE.  Next time just say, "I made this up," as opposed to trying to validate it with nonsense.

I actually have power farmed focus every day since the system went live on my platform.  It's why I have every passive for every school active and most of them maxed out entirely.  The simple fact of the matter is that I don't want to be forced into playing Draco when there are, literally, a hundred other nodes that could be played instead.  I am forced to go into Draco under the new system, however, thus furthering the problem of Draco being greater than the majority of the Star-chart.

Well, it isn't like DE ever stated that Focus is the system directed towards veteran players with the intention to give them a long term goal to work for. Right? Never did they set multiple limits on Focus gain since the system implementation too. So, next time I will just take into an account your actual blindness, so I'll take your future statements as a result of a valid disability, instead of sheer stupidity.

I think I had already told you about you being forced. You are the only one who forces you to farm focus. And you don't even wont to work on it, because three Draco runs daily will mutilate you, despite you being "forced". You are that lazy.

Saying that you are allowed to applaud a feature

Also, I don't applaud. I accept.

So if i didnt care about focus and didnt wanna farm it its my choice, but if i wanted to actually get to the cap everyday i would be forced to do something specific? I used to power farm focus, if they didnt put the 75k cap on i would have been done within a week. Its almost like you need do Draco for everything in this game... terrible idea.

All they needed to do in the FIRST place was make focus SHARED. Thats it. It would have fixed everything, hell even lower the cap to 25k per day. But as long as it was shared by ALL people it would have been easy for new and older players to get a goal out of somthing.

So if i didnt care about focus and didnt wanna farm it its my choice, but if i wanted to actually get to the cap everyday i would be forced to do something specific?

Well, yeah. That's how the powerfarm generally works. Doing something pretty specific and tedious to achieve something otherwise unachievable.

A couple things.  First I'd like to see your source for the comment that it is supposed to be slow paced grinding.  Your personal belief isn't a source, btw.  Second, if they nerfed the speed, raising the cap doesn't compensate anything, it is actually detrimental since now it will take longer and you need to farm more.  For people like myself who want to cap it every day following the reset and move on to something more fun, that isn't compensation.  Also, from what I've seen, they did nothing beneficial for the hardcore power farmer.  They actually nerfed every method short of Draco with groups and using 4 lensed items.

Lol.. first sentence .. comes off as complete foolery.. instant turn off .. And the more I read, the more that personality of yours sticks out.. That coming from a new member of the forum.  I can only imagine the torture the long term members endure with your biased rants..

It's hard not wanting to hit the ban from thread button under names.. but.. I forget this isnt my forum :( lol..

Debate man.. dont argue..

@OP - I can agree with your post, not that much of a grind, and with a booster, even less. It was fine before.. it's fine now.  I dont think DE with stiff us much harder than a Forma BP on rotation C of a survival 3 times in one run :)

Guess what had changed?

Btw, epitome of foolishness is you trying to complain about me saying you shouldn't complain. I am free to state whatever I want, you are free to interpret it whenever way you want. The only one who thought that my random opinion might be more valid than your random opinion is you, which is amusing because this is what you are essentially complaining about. Also, stop complaining.

I don't need to guess what has changed, I already know.  Any method other than Draco with 4 items all having lenses on them got nerfed.  Period.  The game isn't called "DracoFrame" and the player base shouldn't be forced into one specific mission in order to reasonably cap their daily focus.

Except I'm not complaining (your word, not mine).  I'm stating why the new method isn't great for me in the feedback forum.  I'm also not telling you your point of view is wrong because it contradicts mine.  You might want to look up the definition of "foolish."

Well, it isn't like DE ever stated that Focus is the system directed towards veteran players with the intention to give them a long term goal to work for. Right? Never did they set multiple limits on Focus gain since the system implementation too. So, next time I will just take into an account your actual blindness, so I'll take your future statements as a result of a valid disability, instead of sheer stupidity.

lol.  It was already based around being an "end-game" mechanic for veteran players.  It was simply easy to max the daily cap, but you still had to max it repeatedly to master the skills.  The change removed any variance in the methodology of farming Focus, however, and has basically forced everyone into Draco.  From your posts you obviously support such a ridiculous move but, for most people, they don't want to run the same mission node over and over again.  All they had to do was, as others pointed out, make shared affinity count for Focus and the problem would have been solved.  Instead they took a system that was beneficial to everyone and made it beneficial only to a specific few (oddly enough the few it is beneficial for are the ones willing to spend plat to lens all their items) and only on a few specific nodes.

You keep talking about blindness while being unable to see the forest for the trees.  Just because you like farming Draco doesn't make it everyone else's preferred method.  It's pretty obvious you come down in the later group of your own insults, chief.

I think I had already told you about you being forced. You are the only one who forces you to farm focus. And you don't even wont to work on it, because three Draco runs daily will mutilate you, despite you being "forced". You are that lazy.

Try that again while focusing on context, bucko.  I don't like being forced to play a specific node in order to efficiently finish capping something that, previously, I could run any node and cap with a reasonable time.

Your insults are sad, as are your arguments.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Lol.. first sentence .. comes off as complete foolery.. instant turn off .. And the more I read, the more that personality of yours sticks out.. That coming from a new member of the forum.  I can only imagine the torture the long term members endure with your biased rants..

It's hard not wanting to hit the ban from thread button under names.. but.. I forget this isnt my forum :( lol..

Debate man.. dont argue..

@OP - I can agree with your post, not that much of a grind, and with a booster, even less. It was fine before.. it's fine now.  I dont think DE with stiff us much harder than a Forma BP on rotation C of a survival 3 times in one run :)

I don't need your support and the points I made are open to the floor.  If you care to have the discussion, by all means, try discussing rather than attacking me.

'Syndicates is supposed to be a long-term goal, DE wants you to take it slow! You're supposed to progress at a snail's pace!'

...People never learn, do they. 

I don't need to guess what has changed, I already know.  

Oh, really? I didn't notice.

Except I'm not complaining (your word, not mine). 

I hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what you are doing.

It was simply easy to max the daily cap, but you still had to max it repeatedly to master the skills.

So, the fact that they intentionally changed "easy to max" Focus system not once buy twice still doesn't bring any thoughts in your head?

You keep talking about blindness while being unable to see the forest for the trees.  Just because you like farming Draco doesn't make it everyone else's preferred method.

Nah, I today I farmed focus first time in quite a long time - just to check how hard was it to do. It was awfully easy. I'm actually fine with my current focus tree being slowly leveled by passive Focus gain.

I don't like being forced to play a specific node in order to efficiently finish capping something that, previously, I could run any node and cap with a reasonable time.

Then who stopped your suicide attempt when DE placed hard cap on the Focus for the first time?

Your insults are sad, as are your arguments.

Darling, I made no direct insults, yet you are so triggered and offended it is quite amusing.

You, on the other hand

It's pretty obvious you come down in the later group of your own insults, chief.

Try that again while focusing on context, bucko.

can't even do that.

By the way, darling, you made no arguments so far. Only complaints.

...People never learn, do they. 

Do you?

They could raise the Focus gained from non-Interception, non-Defense missions by including a whole slew of new Dark Sector nodes which are Exterminate, Spy, et cetera, with their only bonus being Focus +Xx%.

I agree on the point about non-kill affinity contributing toward Focus gain. To be honest, it's a mystery to me, why wasn't it implemented right away, as fixed affinity gains like these are much easier to balance than something obscure like affinity gained by kills.

Oh, really? I didn't notice.

I hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what you are doing.

So, the fact that they intentionally changed "easy to max" Focus system not once buy twice still doesn't bring any thoughts in your head?

Nah, I today I farmed focus first time in quite a long time - just to check how hard was it to do. It was awfully easy. I'm actually fine with my current focus tree being slowly leveled by passive Focus gain.

Then who stopped your suicide attempt when DE placed hard cap on the Focus for the first time?

Darling, I made no direct insults, yet you are so triggered and offended it is quite amusing.

You, on the other hand

can't even do that.

By the way, darling, you made no arguments so far. Only complaints.

Rather than do it piecemeal, I'll just do one final comment to you.

You've done nothing constructive in this thread.  In fact, the entirety of it all you've done is attack people who don't like the change and try to prove that the change was beneficial to everyone when, in fact, it wasn't.  It was beneficial to people who enjoy Draco and run lenses on the entirety of their equipment loadout.  That is a minor portion of this game.

When you throw around comments like calling other users disabled and stupid, yeah, you are insulting people and not doing it in a very effective way since that is the entirety of your argument, "You disagree with me you must be stupid."  I'm not stupid, bucko, sorry.  Your projections and insults do nothing to denigrate my intelligence and only show your lack of any.

All methods for solo players were nerfed.  Period.  All methods other than Draco with 4 lensed items were nerfed.  Period.  The current system actually promotes bad gameplay like ignoring objectives and not reviving in lieu of being a hallway hero and getting as many kills as possible.  Period.

Feel free to try and actually counter any of those points without needing to use words like "stupid," "blind," etc.

Rather than do it piecemeal, I'll just do one final comment to you.

I hope you will, darling. You don't seem to understand, that it was you who started this and not me. I do not "attack" people who disagrees with me. I just tend to converse in a similar fashion I am being addressed in. There's a difference between stating your point with arguments and trying to prove something by questioning credibility of your interlocutor. You, my dear, did the latter, hence we are having the current conversation the way we do.

I never did explicitly call anyone disabled or stupid - you shouldn't lie. I merely suggested it by considering your behavior - nothing more, nothing less. You won't argue I had no reason to do so, will you? You are the only one throwing insults here right now.

And you may place as many periods as you want, that won't make any of your statements valid. Draco was never done with 4 lensed items. Anyone who does Draco with 4 lensed items has no idea how affinity distribution works, I hope you can take the hint. Defence, Survival camping and Stealth took the same hit Draco farming did, meaning they are as much of a viable alternative as it was prior to the change.
Trying to tell convergence is somehow actually making drastic changes to gameplay is an explicit lie. Though I have problems figuring what this lie is trying to achieve as I, you know, also play this game and I know it isn't true. And I already stated at the very beginning that powerfarming focus was made harder, yet that was compensated by considerably increasing the potential profit of doing so, which is the actual idea of the actual powerfarm.

And darling, just so you know, smart people don't usually spurt around statements like "I'm not stupid". No need for an unnecessary self-affirmation.

I hope you will, darling. You don't seem to understand, that it was you who started this and not me. I do not "attack" people who disagrees with me.

My first post asked for a source as well as pointed out flaws in your logic.  Your response ignored all those points and called me "blind," a liar, and a complainer.  All for asking for a source.

I never did explicitly call anyone disabled or stupid - you shouldn't lie. I merely suggested it by considering your behavior - nothing more, nothing less. You won't argue I had no reason to do so, will you? You are the only one throwing insults here right now.

You can split hairs and attempt to paint yourself in a rosy light all you like, anyone reading the actual thread would see you telling me I'm either disabled or stupid.  There is no other way to take your comments.

Trying to tell convergence is somehow actually making drastic changes to gameplay is an explicit lie.

This, right here, negates your entire thread.  If you are going to be so purposefully obtuse that you want to pretend this wasn't a MAJOR change to the mechanic of gaining focus, the conversation is moot.  It went from something passively earned to something you now need to pick up an item for.  That is a MASSIVE change in the mechanics.

You, also, again avoided every singular point I made about how Draco isn't the end all be all mission you want it to be.

Since OP seems to have a bad case of eat-up-any-crap-rained-on-him-from-on-high-itis, I'll have to spoonfeed his malnourished intellect some elementary logic and very recent history that would require a brain function of a dodo or a willing supplicant to forget. 

You see, 'feature/grind X is supposed to take time!' has been a piss-poor weak defense for pretty much anything. Just because DE intended something to work in a certain way doesn't mean it's going to be effective or beneficial to the game and its playerbase, hence the feedback section. Look at pre-encryption Void drop tables, Archwing & its event, Syndicates, Syndicate effects/Synoid Gammacor, Vulpine Mask, etc. There are many occasions DE planned something and then changed their course of action because their expectation & plan were, to put it mildly, unrealistic or poorly implemented in the eyes of playerbase. Appealing to 'but it's meant to work like that' is, to put it mildly again, an incredibly flaccid and braindead non-argument to fall back in feedback forums especially if it's working noticeably like crap. 'Because God made it that way' has never solved any real life problems and it's sure as hell not going to help anyone in a video game. 

And really, "endgame grind"? May I remind your short-sighted petty little mind that Second Dream and Focus are unlockable at MR3, and both Natah and Second Dream are, at their most difficult, around mid-game level?? And have you seen the big blue BETA box in Focus menu? Just what on this bitter earth makes you think this iteration of Focus is the final version and DE intends it to stay this way forever, screwing over almost all solo players? O what visions have you seen that we mere mortals have not that grants you such zealot-like conviction and certainty? 

Answer: You haven't. Just like the rest of us. But good job shooting down anyone who disagrees with your assumptions based on something you decided in your head and without any actual set-in-stone evidence from DE. You get an imaginary cookie. 

My overall problem with how stupid this change is the fact that other methods of farming focus got nerfed. Not everyone likes to play Draco all day, whether your playing it normally or the boring way where you just stand on a box and a press a button again and again. I dont mind the cap but being forced to do 7-8 missions of absolute killfest on draco is simply too boring due to how long ive played the game. Before i could farm focus and hit the cap through 4-6  exterminate mission due to the stealth multiplier which was somewhat enjoyable but that got nerfed to hell.

All this update did was overall lower focus gain and reinforce the mantra "thou shalt draco" which is complete rubbish. Had they provided alternate means of farming focus it would have been alot better.

Edited by Ory_Hara

My problem with this nerf is more to do with the fact that it encourages players to ignore objectives, downed players, or whatever it is that they should be doing and run off to hallway for a minute at a time to get their focus. It's counterproductive, and it would make more sense to nerf affinity/rep farms by reworking affinity rather than just focus farms with some bandaid mechanic like this.

Affinity should be a mission-end reward based on mission completion, enemy levels, and performance. Getting affinity on every kill is completely contrary to the rest of the game.