Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best 2 Man Team Builds

(PSN)bhetz

Hi, the topic says it all really.  I've seen many postings about 4 man team breakdowns per defense/survival mission but i've not seen 2 man endgame defense/survival teams.  I'd like to know because i've played WF from the PS4 release and have only had a handful of times where we had >2 players in the void (old gamer problems lol). 

We have access to absolutely every frame available on PS4 so just trying to figure out an optimal combo.  Not an issue with it being a grind (meaning if it's optimal to sit in a single entrance room in the void and spam two abilities the entire time, i'm fine with that).

Any help would be great!

Well defense against grineer-2 corrosive projectiles (Mag(crush augmented)/Frost avalanche) and Trinity link

survival Nekros and Excalibur

Well defense against Infested-2 energy siphon Vauban and Loki

survival Valkyr/ash and Nekros

Well defense against corpus-1 rejuv 1 energy syphon Frost and Mag

survival Loki and mag

Just an idea

2 corrosive plus the augmentation ability or an ability that destroys the enemy armor and damage dealer or an enhancer would be great help against Grineer

While infested Loki take away the range from damage from infested and Vauban puts them all in vortex then valkyr or ash prefectl could tear enemy up as well as Excalibur and Loki invi they got it plus nekros good support

Then you got nullifiers on the corpus side so Frost whoes glove is only affected when contact is made is good defense plus mag with shield polarization gives enough time to destroy the bubbles

while survival loki invi can take care of bubbles and mag explode them

Copus

Frost + almost any frame you can think of. Frost offers massive defense / survival in any situation coupled with huge control via freezing.

Trinity can help frost spam Avalanche but so can't energy pads.

Loki will make it so they are forced to run into your globe freeZing them and eliminating a lot of the threat they pose.

Equinox if played right can offer a very powerful nuke.

Excal can set enemies up for ez kills including very high end enemies. Also he provides very high consistent damage. Valk also falls into this same category.

From my experience with two-man teams (and I mostly play duo with my brother)

For Survival, the best are Slow Nova + Max Range Irradiating Disarm Loki. Works wonders in Survivals and Interceptions too. Everyone is slowed down, focused on killing each other, hence grouped up for explosion chains. And even after initial radiation wears off, they just slowly run towards you, very easy to shoot. Loki should also keep a Decoy up as much as possible, to prevent sudden deaths from non-disarmed/non-slowed enemies, that just spawned.

For Defense, Frost + Mirage seemed to work great for us. Frost protects the pod, while Mirage keep the enemies blinded, and racks up the kills with clones and eclipse. Take Total Eclipse for Mirage to allow Frost get the bonus damage as well. Although Frost should have a decent enough range so Mirage won't die from Bombard shooting the Globe, since she's not very tough outside of darkness.

There are quite a bit of other combos too. Valkyr+Ash for Survival. Max range Zephyr+Nyx worked great for us in the past, haven't tried that combo in a while though. Max Range Zephyr+Mag for anything Corpus (Survival/Defense/Hijack/anything) just wrecks EVERYTHING. It's literally god-mode + massive nuke, you just need to stick close together and watch out for sapping mines, since they are nasty on very high levels. For Defenses and Excavations Frost with just about anyone who either deals massive damage or has good CC (or both). For ODD Mirage with Simulor + Speed Nova, just quick and easy.

There are so many good combos out there!

Frost + almost any frame you can think of. Frost offers massive defense / survival in any situation coupled with huge control via freezing.

Trinity can help frost spam Avalanche but so can't energy pads.

Loki will make it so they are forced to run into your globe freeZing them and eliminating a lot of the threat they pose.

Equinox if played right can offer a very powerful nuke.

Excal can set enemies up for ez kills including very high end enemies. Also he provides very high consistent damage. Valk also falls into this same category.

With an efficiency frost+Limbo, it makes t3/4 40 minute survivals pretty stable. (Ran at least 5 t3/4 survivals with limbo/efficiency frost). most to 40 mins.

Trinity + Any damage frame. Keeps damage frame alive and fueled with energy. Favorite duo I had though was 2 Trinitys (over a year ago when I did this). She was my first built frame and a vet was showing me how to play her. It was so cool to be able to save each other multiple times, going quite far even with my crappy weapons.

Survival with Ivara and Nekros was fun!

Put stealth bubble down - activate Artemis - shoot down an alley for days.

Nekros is save in stealht bubble to desecrate. If you really got to move hit Nekros with stealth arrow and go in prowl.

Did that with my brother until we got bored xD

For Survivals:

- Limbo+Excalibur. Limbo build for Duration, Excalibur built for min drain and high Strenght for Exalted Blade. Invulnerable swordsman of doom.

- Nuke Nova+Abating Link hybrid Trinity. Nuke Nova is a neutral/mild negative Duration Slow build with max Efficiency and Antimatter Absorb. Trin builds for Strenght and Duration with neutral or mildnegative Range. Watch the carnage.

- Ash+Excalibur. Ash built for max efficiency and as much Strenght as you can with Trickery, Excalibur built for Radiant Finish with Trickery. Double Steel Charge auras. Covert Lethalty daggers. Finishers everywhere. And dat Bladestorm.

- Chroma+Mirage. Near max Strenght and Duration for both. Total Eclipse for even more overkill. Firestorm built Tonkor for Chroma and Synoid Simulor for Mirage. Who cares about CC when the map is empty?

- Volt+Excalibur. Near max Strenght and Duration on Volt, and max damage EB build for Excalibur. Find a sewer, drop a Shield, cast Speed, watch the Excaliturret of doom.

- Nekros+Nyx. SoTD build for Nekros (215+% strenght and shield of shadows), hybrid build for Nyx (chaos sphere and pacifying bolts duration/range build). The concept of ally and enemy is very subjective.

- Zephyr+Zephyr. One built for high Strenght Jet Stream, the other for max range and high Duration. Stay close. Keep Tonkors. Profit.

- Loki+Nezha. Loki built for Disarm, Nezha built for Range. Loki stays invisible and Nezha is nearly untouchable (dat Warding Halo stagger). Fun ensured. Also, gotta go fast and teleport faster.

- Rhino+Ash. Ash with Trickery/Srrenght build. Rhino hybrid for Stomp and decent Roar. Because rule of cool: what's better than a frame doing a teleport-stab carnage on enemies suspended in a timelock?