The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As A New Player, How Do I Kill Bursas?

Lanvari

Question

All the advice I see requires specific warframes or weapons; things I don't have as a new player. I don't have stealth to get behind it, or nova / frost to slow it down, and my sword doesn't appear to stun it with the ground pound attack. If I try to get close so I can get behind it, it knocks me down and kills me before I can get up. Sure, I can get behind one for a moment to take some shots at its back, but due to the difficulty of staying behind it, I can't get through its shield.

I just spent far longer than I'd like to admit trying to kill one so I could finish a defense mission, and it's very discouraging that there is an enemy that is virtually invincible unless you have very specific gear.

13 answers to this question

I would really like to know as well some good general tips on dealing with Bursa MOAs. They are a massive difficulty spike for me; huge damage sponges, heavy artillery and abilities specifically designed to kill warframes.

I sometimes play co-op but also a lot of solo as well, and I'm a rather "casual" gamer, I play a lot, but I'm no master Tenno and play for fun, not sports, and the Bursas scare me off Corpus missions.

I apologize for the whiny noobish tone, but I'm simply having real difficulty dealing with these new enemies, and welcome any helpful information, thanks in advance!

Players helping players section, asks a genuine question, and someone accuses them of creating a "smurf" account to "complain".

These forums have reached a new low, you should be ashamed of yourself unless you have actual proof that you are correct.

@ OP  - Some frame powers help, for example Rhino Stomp or other powers that CC them.

If that fails try melee ground slams to buy yourself that moment or two.

Roll, and roll again (you take less damage).

They are not solo friendly, and are much easier in squads.

I remember the first time we fought them in the void money event, the trick most people did was to jump and then crouch in the air to do that flying kick. It stunned them and then you can shoot them for a bit. Dunno if it still works, i've only encountered them with frames who have powers that can stun them so i didn't try kicking them.

I remember the first time we fought them in the void money event, the trick most people did was to jump and then crouch in the air to do that flying kick. It stunned them and then you can shoot them for a bit. Dunno if it still works, i've only encountered them with frames who have powers that can stun them so i didn't try kicking them.

I tried that, but it didn't seem to do anything.

In that case bullet time is your friend. To avoid the stun you just have to learn their attack animations and jump when you see it happening. Practice jumping over them and using bullet time to slow their spin time and shoot them in the back. It helps if you shoot their front shield before jumping over as it'll trigger their defensive animation which lowers their turning speed even more.

At all times try to stay close to it as it's far easier to dodge the Radial stun than to dodge their long range attacks. It might be hard to control but you could also use Volt Speed to run around them quickly but the stun attack might hit you.

In that case bullet time is your friend. To avoid the stun you just have to learn their attack animations and jump when you see it happening. Practice jumping over them and using bullet time to slow their spin time and shoot them in the back. It helps if you shoot their front shield before jumping over as it'll trigger their defensive animation which lowers their turning speed even more.

At all times try to stay close to it as it's far easier to dodge the Radial stun than to dodge their long range attacks. It might be hard to control but you could also use Volt Speed to run around them quickly but the stun attack might hit you.

No wonder I was having trouble. This is the first time I've heard mention that you can jump over the stun.