Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blindspam Mirage makes things boring and bad

Chipputer

On 23/2/2016 at 3:47 PM, Chipputer said:

I suggest hard-capping the range at which Mirage can blind enemies, or something, because, as it stands, right now I either have to deal with Sorties full of enemies that are literally incapable of fighting back in any capacity or I have to deal with finding new parties over and over just to even get some semblance of enjoyment out of the game. There are other frames capable of doing these things, but not to the heavy extent that Mirage is, with just one frame and one ability. Add to that, most other strategies that end with enemies that can't fight back require at least 2, sometimes 3 frames... yeah. It's highly annoying.

Other possible fixes:

Make the blind into a stagger (to imply the enemies are shielding their eyes for a short bit)
Cause the blind to be a fixed, short duration, shorter than Excal's due to the way the skill works

Do not pretend to speak for everyone!!

I am real tired of nerf threads for frames, nerf threads for weapons hosted by a forum minority whos endgame is to ruin frames and weapons based on saying that they have a PERSONAL problem.

If you are that upset and salty just select this secret option

S O L O

Other secret option RECRUITMENT PUB hosting sortie no blind mirages.

Other secret option CLAN hosting sorties no blind mirages

FIXED!!

As far as mirage?

1 second distraction on the blind and the raid or sortie fails due to the distracted mirage responding to a phone call.

I run extended range avalanche with a good duration on my FROST.

Everythings frozen as we play sit on a pad till the unlocks then on to next part.

All I need is a good energy source from a trinity team mate.

8 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

~snip~

if you tested out the blind for mirage it means you have played her, if you have leveled mirage to 30 it means you have played her. if you didnt play her, then why did you come into a thread discussing her power blind range with no actual experience with the power at all? like i always say dont confuse nerf and tweak they are 2 different things. a nerf would be to completely remove the blind reverting it back to its original state. people are asking for blind range LoS i think its range period is a bit much for something that can move and be anywhere on the map at any time.

Just now, AKKILLA said:

I dont play Mirage. 

I made this clear in my reply sir. I like testing things out when I read threads people post to see whats the fuss about. I do realize she is Fantastic in Raids, Im sure folks in Raids will be disappointed for this. Anyway, w.e happens to her wont affect Me anyway. I just dont appreciate more Nerf threads. It gets frustrating playing this game with constant nerfs being flung around. 

BTW Half the people in this threads not even 5% of Warframes community. I dont really care though Nerf it to dirt for all I care. You win. Thread locked. LoS granted shorter range 

0mKXcg1.gif?noredirect

Quit comparing Prism to other abilities. Half the people here aren't even 5% of the Warframe community? What graph did you read to conclude that? You literally have to evidence for that. I'll let EinheriarJudith give a more thorough response to this.

26 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Prism isnt broken it works fine.

I ran a sortie to test this theory you guys have and I really dont see the point. Is there a secret You guys have i would like to see it in game because I dont see it. I see enemies stunned for a few seconds and they return fire again. You guys claim they are forever stunned I will do more tests with Mirage which I never really play her. This thread actually made me find interest in her and test these theories OP made. I just honestly dont see it.

Can You guys post your Perma Blind build soo I can test and evaluate? This is what we should do, offer these builds and test the theories to see if in fact it is too much or not. I honestly think is just a senseless complain other then an actual constructive concept. How many more Nerf threads are You guys a part of? Or do You solely care just about Mirages blind?

What other abilities bother You guys? Exalted Blade? Hysteria? Bladestorm? Just wondering because I figure anything that seems to lower difficulty You guys will appear to complain about.

P.S. Do You ever make comments about buffing anything or threads regarding buffs?

Prism is broken, as it blinds everyone. That's why people choose that for raid, right?Also, what's your point? You previously said:

8 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

Line of sight or not this will cause Mirage users to find another way which will be most likely low duration and recasting constant Prisms. Soo to  conclude this what will be done by players is experiment and find another way to achieve the same results which is perma CC and it will happen. 

This means that you acknowledge that Mirage's Prism perma blinds enemies, and now you just change your point for some reason.

Quit comparing other abilities to Prism, they aren't the same.

My response to your P.S is yes, I want Ash to be reworked to actually have potential. You can conclude this by reading my previous comments:

On 2/24/2016 at 6:31 PM, Kevlar5 said:

Ash is only boring if you spam Bladestorm. Actually, he's always kind of boring! Hehe, his abilities are broken in a horrible way, but I still use him 84% of the time. Shuriken doesn't scale too well, Smokescreen is basically bootleg invisibility, when it could be so much more. Teleport is just plain old broken. Bladestorm is kind of like the rest of the abilities. They all have so much potential, and Ash doesn't really need a nerf. He doesn't break the game, he's only broken himself. What he really needs is a rework.

Limbo is like Ash, but he can't be remotely fun. At least Ash can be fun as a Ninja clearing the Star chart. :P

On 2/24/2016 at 6:35 PM, Kevlar5 said:

That does not help the argument that Mirage is broken.

And, Bladestorm can only affect 18 people at once. There are still plenty of other enemies to mess up.

That Ash is still whiny, though.

You're only proving that Ash needs a rework.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

I am real tired of nerf threads for frames, nerf threads for weapons hosted by a forum minority whos endgame is to ruin frames and weapons based on saying that they have a PERSONAL problem.

no where in his post did he mention anyone but himself so he isnt speaking for anyone but himself. the warframes are where they are at now because people care enough about balance to come give feedback on it. with all respect when you come into a thread saying im tired of nerf threads, you've already lost any credibility because you've removed yourself from seeing anyone elses point of view on the matter.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

40 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

And you're entitled to your own opinion. It works for me thats all that matters :\ Maybe you need to move around more and collect more energy :D

Thing is for me. If a build isnt working but is close to working I do stuff to make it work :| ie. Zenurik, Arcane Energize, etc. Or I just move/kill quicker for more energy drops.

If you need 125 energy for a single prism cast and you want to keep eclipse and hall of mirrors running, then you are not an effective cc and damagewise you traded off alot to make prism work as cc at least 

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if you tested out the blind for mirage it means you have played her, if you have leveled mirage to 30 it means you have played her. if you didnt play her, then why did you come into a thread discussing her power blind range with no actual experience with the power at all? like i always say dont confuse nerf and tweak they are 2 different things. a nerf would be to completely remove the blind reverting it back to its original state. people are asking for blind range LoS i think its range period is a bit much for something that can move and be anywhere on the map at any time.

Its obviously part of gaining Mastery, I personally dont believe in Foddering any Warframes. I like to Hoarder all Warframes and Weapons I have slots to do so. If you are low on cash or slots understandable. I personally enjoy Warframe and besides being an Ash main sometimes I wanna refresh and play something outside of My comfort zone. I find it ignorant of You to say that. I am curious and interested in reading something is that a problem? I followed Your thread because You are discussing something that caught My interest. If You are getting aggravated then I will end it here and unfollow and not reply Im not childish to feed into Your negativity, I prefer to disagree and discuss the matter in a respectful positive manner My good man now if Your going to get angry and start making slick remarks I will leave and not offer my feed back this is a game stop being pathetic You act as if disagreeing with Your ideas is the end of Life itself. You didnt get completely disrespectful but from your tone i sense  a slight aggressive behavior which may boil into a serious problem over a game, lemme reiterate that a GAMEnot your Job or Your Family in danger, but a Video game intended to have Fun and maybe gain friends along the way. Your choice Buddy

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Kevlar5 said:

Quit comparing Prism to other abilities. Half the people here aren't even 5% of the Warframe community? What graph did you read to conclude that? You literally have to evidence for that. I'll let EinheriarJudith give a more thorough response to this.

Prism is broken, as it blinds everyone. That's why people choose that for raid, right?Also, what's your point? You previously said:

This means that you acknowledge that Mirage's Prism perma blinds enemies, and now you just change your point for some reason.

My response to your P.S is yes, I want Ash to be reworked to actually have potential. You can conclude this by reading my previous comments:

This guy here is who Your Cheerleader? lol ^^^

Edit Yaer: Epileptic people, do not open the spoiler (flashy gif incoming)

Spoiler

tumblr_m5cr2uKczt1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Time to go spam and enjoy Blind Mirage in the name of this Thread :)

Edited by Yaer
Potentially harmful gif put under spoiler. Please mind other people who might by reading you on the forums, thanks.

On 2/23/2016 at 3:17 AM, Chipputer said:

I suggest hard-capping the range at which Mirage can blind enemies, or something, because, as it stands, right now I either have to deal with Sorties full of enemies that are literally incapable of fighting back in any capacity or I have to deal with finding new parties over and over just to even get some semblance of enjoyment out of the game. There are other frames capable of doing these things, but not to the heavy extent that Mirage is, with just one frame and one ability. Add to that, most other strategies that end with enemies that can't fight back require at least 2, sometimes 3 frames... yeah. It's highly annoying.

Other possible fixes:

Make the blind into a stagger (to imply the enemies are shielding their eyes for a short bit)
Cause the blind to be a fixed, short duration, shorter than Excal's due to the way the skill works

what a junk discussion is this . why everyone want to convert every good thing into bad if u don't like mirage please select the team without mirage but don't tell de to rework cause their recent reworks are sooooo bad they convert all powerful frames to powerless frames like volt , saryn , mesa and oh I forgot mag too

27 minutes ago, Kevlar5 said:

This entire Game is Broken. Lets tell DE to take it bake and Fix it. Instead of Reworking abilities and releasing more content the should just rework Warframe as a whole. We could do without. Im sure most of you here work or attend school. Warframe isnt a priority its a Luxury.

BTW Lets stop fighting I came here to enjoy myself and possibly make friends, if not friends i didnt come here to make enemies. Thats totally childish taken offense to disagreeing comments, I dont take any disagreement from You as offense I only reply with My opinions. 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

If you are that upset and salty just select this secret option

S O L O

Other secret option RECRUITMENT PUB hosting sortie no blind mirages.

Other secret option CLAN hosting sorties no blind mirages

FIXED!!

As far as mirage?

1 second distraction on the blind and the raid or sortie fails due to the distracted mirage responding to a phone call.

I run extended range avalanche with a good duration on my FROST.

Everythings frozen as we play sit on a pad till the unlocks then on to next part.

All I need is a good energy source from a trinity team mate.

totally agree with u

21 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

If you need 125 energy for a single prism cast and you want to keep eclipse and hall of mirrors running, then you are not an effective cc and damagewise you traded off alot to make prism work as cc at least 

For one thing :D Prism does not cost 125 to cast with my build since Prisms base cost is 50 making it cost 62 energy which is sitll pretty much no cost. 2 energy orbs and a half fill that cost :3. And damage wise Im still getting a 400% damage boost with Eclipse which is WAY more than enough. Nova gives a 200% buff which is half that and even thats a good damage buff. So still this build works. Should maybe...idk...try it before saying it cant work?

Edited by rawr1254

12 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

~snip~

id just like for you to get your story straight either you didnt play her and are posting about something that you havent play tested for yourself or you did. i respect honesty above all. stating you havent played her but infact you have is confusing. im not aggravated at all. we have a difference of opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

33 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

LoS in fact is one of the biggest possible nerfs for mirage.. 

1. The tilesets are in no way made for LoS-requirements, you sometimes wont blind enemies next to you 

2. Enemies can come around corners and instantly shoot at you, heavies and techs sometimes are fully charged before you can see them, you cant help in this situation since all of the enemies will one shot you at this level and mirage wont have a chance of doing anything against it, except having the luck of standing in shadows, trying a horribly slow cast of prism just to see the next coming enemy not being blinded..

3. If this nerf trend continues redirection and vitality both will be mandatory mods just like main damage mods in weapons currently are

1 minute ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

3. If this nerf trend continues redirection and vitality both will be mandatory mods just like main damage mods in weapons currently are

Nah, just bring Trinity.

Spoiler

Oh, wait… An update? NOOOOOOOOOO, MY TRINITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

“It’s Wednesday? Better nerf Trinity.” ~ DE

6 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

For one thing :D Prism does not cost 125 to cast with my build since Prisms base cost is 50 making it cost 62 energy which is sitll pretty much no cost. 2 energy orbs and a half fill that cost :3. And damage wise Im still getting a 400% damage boost with Eclipse which is WAY more than enough. Nova gives a 200% buff which is half that and even thats a good damage buff. So still this build works. Should maybe...idk...try it before saying it cant work?

Novas damage buff is a buff on all instances of damage the enemy receives which makes it way more valueable than mirage eclipse, 62 will still be too much for keeping all the abilities running, especially when you hit enemy levels where your eclipse damage wont help you at all and you have to keep prism casts all the time to not being one shot

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

id just like for you to get your story straight either you didnt play her and are posting about something that you havent play tested for yourself or you did. i respect honesty above all. stating you havent played her but infact you have is confusing. im not aggravated at all. we have a difference of opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

I never said I didnt play her.

I said I dont play her, maybe I didnt specify sorry i am typing on the go and not rereading my msgs maybe it was a misinterpretation but Obviously My screen shot is proof I in fact have her and maxed, not Formaed tho she isnt my favorite nor my least preferred she is just a frame thats there on requests.

I am a Ninja that likes to be adept at any situation. Not just a Ash main but I cant bring w.e is asked for. Even if I dont play it its in my arsenal and i have all the mods needed to specialize in w.e type of build that maybe required of me.

Like Hydroid, do I play him. Not at all, do I have him Yes I do. 

7 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

LoS in fact is one of the biggest possible nerfs for mirage.. 

1. The tilesets are in no way made for LoS-requirements, you sometimes wont blind enemies next to you 

2. Enemies can come around corners and instantly shoot at you, heavies and techs sometimes are fully charged before you can see them, you cant help in this situation since all of the enemies will one shot you at this level and mirage wont have a chance of doing anything against it, except having the luck of standing in shadows, trying a horribly slow cast of prism just to see the next coming enemy not being blinded..

if LoS was so terrible it would hurt even oberon or excal and it doesnt. there are few places prism cannot reach so its effectiveness is still vast even with LoS

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

half the people in this thread have an issue with prisms blinding range. i dont know where you are looking but it obviously isn't inside here. slight of hand is far from useless which i have already explained on a corpus map it nulls all the traps. no survivability? shes a glass cannon the fact she has any at all is thanks to hall of mirrors. did you notice enemies dont shoot at you as often when it is up? or were you too busy spamming prism to notice. fact is you can make all 4 of her powers work which means she has more than one viable power. no one is saying she doesnt need QoL. you are saying she only has one power anyone should build for and that is your opinion and imo her kit is very nice

yeah, make 4 of it work, at mediocore at best. gj saying that. i can even do that with hydroid.

37 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Novas damage buff is a buff on all instances of damage the enemy receives which makes it way more valueable than mirage eclipse, 62 will still be too much for keeping all the abilities running, especially when you hit enemy levels where your eclipse damage wont help you at all and you have to keep prism casts all the time to not being one shot

So the build working for me must be my imagination. Thanks for pointing that out. Ill stop using it cause I must be dumb to think its been working for me this entire time.

Edited by rawr1254

13 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if LoS was so terrible it would hurt even oberon or excal and it doesnt. there are few places prism cannot reach so its effectiveness is still vast even with LoS

It hurts excal a lot in fact.. and oberons cc is not completely LoS locked.. in addition excal has reliable auto block dmg reduction while mirage has no reliable protection (shadow / light can be kind of random and volt for example can destroy light sources)

20 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Nah, just bring Trinity.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, wait… An update? NOOOOOOOOOO, MY TRINITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

“It’s Wednesday? Better nerf Trinity.” ~ DE

"If this nerf trend continues" the people crying about mirage here are most likely crying about trinity and the next cc that will take mirages spot too

3 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

It doesnt work as reliable cc

Its not supposed to be built for 100% blind spam. Its an o sht moment build. For instance needing to get up a downed ally or w/e. The whole build was to prove that a build can be put out there that has a little of both factions(dmg buff/blind range) This build has that. And either way a good 1/3 only build is pretty much the exact same build without the range mods or Flow.

Edited by rawr1254

5 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Its not supposed to be built for 100% blind spam. Its an o sht moment build. For instance needing to get up a downed ally or w/e. The whole build was to prove that a build can be put out there that has a little of both factions(dmg buff/blind range) This build has that. And either way a good 1/3 only build is pretty much the exact same build without the range mods or Flow.

Ye that has a point but i am talking about either solo play or long time no energy supply and in this case it will fail at a certain point