The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

soooo why does the braton prime have a max ammo pool of 375 again?

Sonicbullitt

This completely baffles me. I had heard that at the time the devs wanted to keep the weapon "balanced," at least that is what someone told me, whether that is true or not doesn't really matter. The fact of the matter is that right now this gun still has a max ammo pool of 375, why???  We have the soma prime with a max ammo pool of frikin 800 and that is not even counting the starting 200 in the mag, which is one of if not the highest dps assault rifles in the game. Then we also have the boltor prime another top tier assault rifle rivalling the Soma and it's prime variant in terms of dps, yet that also has a higher ammo pool, the default of 540 that most rifles have. So why does the braton prime with a fairly average damage of 35 and a pretty good status chance of 20% , have a measly ammo pool of 375 ?

Besides this weapon's status chance this gun isn't  particularly special or overpowered at all, especially compared to it's competition. The game has evolved and changed a lot since the release and buff of this weapon, thus the power creep of weapons have gone up since then. Therefore I think it's only fair to give this weapon an ammo pool of 540, like the rest of the weapons of it's type. So please DE, I humbly ask if could you think about bringing this weapon up to scratch ? I doubt it would be hard to change just the ammo pool in a hotfix.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

55 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

No one cares about "weak" weapons, so there's no player that's emotionally attached to it. That means DE can balance it without getting a major outcry.

Edit: And it's call kind of sad. Very sad.

See that mindset is wrong , it might not be huge dps weapons like the soma or boltor but it isn't a bad weapon, not top tier but still a good mid tier weapon. Dps isn't always everything, variety is the spice of life . That said it being mid tier is exactly the reason why it makes absolutely no sense why it should not have the average ammo count.

4 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

I just made a thread on the same topic lol 

XD, great minds think alike ?

Edited by Sonicbullitt
grammar and spelling

59 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

No one cares about "weak" weapons, so there's no player that's emotionally attached to it. That means DE can balance it without getting a major outcry.

Edit: And it's call kind of sad. Very sad.

I dissagree with you. For me braton prime is the only one full auto assault rifle. Without slow moving projectiles, without long as hell reload, without ridiculous secondary fire type. Plain and simple.

And it's not only for me.

1 hour ago, D.art said:

I dissagree with you. For me braton prime is the only one full auto assault rifle. Without slow moving projectiles, without long as hell reload, without ridiculous secondary fire type. Plain and simple.

thank you.

While the design and production value of most of the weapons in this game is great, sometimes I just want to play with a plain old classic rifle.
The Braton (Prime) is the only moderately strong weapon to fulfill this criteria while still appealing to my eye, and it makes me sad to see how terrible this gun is compared to the top tier ones.

Edited by SFTT.Lightning

1 hour ago, D.art said:

Just now, SFTT.Lightning said:

thank you.

While the design and production value of most of the weapons in this game is great, sometimes I just want to play with a plain old classic rifle.
The Braton (Prime) is the only moderately weapon to fulfill this criteria, and it makes me sad to see how terrible this gun is compared to the top tier guns.

ikr , people think dps is everything these days. This is such a great mid tier assault rifle, tis a pity it doesn't get the love it deserves. It really needs its ammo pool buffed back up to normal standards it isn't even close to op at all

Because it's somewhat balanced: compared to the normal braton, or most other auto rifles, it's a trade-off of more damage for a lesser ammo pool.

The issue here is more related to the Soma not being balanced according to the same scale.

Edited by Thelonious

1 minute ago, Thelonious said:

Because it's somewhat balanced: compared to the normal braton, or most other auto rifles, it's a trade-off of more damage for a lesser amm pool.

The issue here is more related to the Soma not being balanced according to the same scale.

Soma was also left in the dust by power creep. There are way more powerful weapons nowadays then Soma.

2 minutes ago, Thelonious said:

Because it's somewhat balanced: compared to the normal braton, or most other auto rifles, it's a trade-off of more damage for a lesser ammo pool.

No Prime weapon has this kind of tradeoff except the braton prime, so why should we settle for this?

5 minutes ago, -cS-igo95862-ICE- said:

But dps is way more important nowadays. 1 year ago you almost never fought enemies above level 50 unless you went long defense or survival but now you have Sorties with level 100-130 enemies.

true and that is why we have those top tier weapons, but while dps is very important it isn't always everything. Sorties aren't the only content in this game and for lesser intense gameplay the braton is a fun,simple and reliable weapon to use when you don't really need huge dps.

1 minute ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

No Prime weapon has this kind of tradeoff except the braton prime, so why should we settle for this?

Except for the Boltor Prime (another example of blatant imbalance), no other weapon has such a huge damage increase over its normal version (75% in this case).

Most Primes get at most 30% more damage, and a few minor buffs to secondary stats like reload speed or clip size (which the braton Prime also has).

20 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

yeah was so shocked when it released cause the original is so mediocre, makes no sense. Tbh weapon balance is all over the place , I really don't understand why some weapons are "balanced" and then they just blatantly release an OP weapon patches later that further increases the power creep, Power creep is supposed to be incremental but with DE's way of implementing stuff just one weapon can increase power creep leaps and bounds, but alas I digress. lets try to stay on topic though weapon balance is a topic for another time and another post.

Let me just state this again I just want the ammo pool to be increased nothing more nothing less, since almost all primary rifles have an ammo pool of 540. Makes no sense for an average rifle like this to be "balanced" and others left alone.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
was actually supposed to qoute thelonius woops XD

17 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

well, the spira prime (though not a close example) has less dmg than the normal spira, but it's other stats are better. so it's kinda the same with braton prime 

I don't mind the smaller mag, but I don't need it to be bigger. if it's increased then yay :) 

and I also agree that it's a great weapon, it's the 2nd cousin of the assault rifle family (boltor p, soma p the 1st cousin, and braton p the 2nd cousin) and they all have different stat directions, from pure dmg to crit to status 

1 minute ago, Kenshin98 said:

well, the spira prime (though not a close example) has less dmg than the normal spira, but it's other stats are better. so it's kinda the same with braton prime 

I don't mind the smaller mag, but I don't need it to be bigger. if it's increased then yay :) 

and I also agree that it's a great weapon, it's the 2nd cousin of the assault rifle family (boltor p, soma p the 1st cousin, and braton p the 2nd cousin) and they all have different stat directions, from pure dmg to crit to status 

My problem isn't that I can't deal with the lower max ammo count , I am just boggled why it is lower in the first place when there are much more powerful weapons than it without such limitation.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
spelling error

Just now, Sonicbullitt said:

My problem isn't that I can't deal with the lower max ammo count , I am just boggled why it is lower in the first place when there are much more powerful weapons that it without such limitation.

well, 1st off, to make it special :3 

and 2nd, I've been here long enough and I saw all the nerf boltor/ soma p threads out there. but with no action from DE. and I'm pretty sure they now it's too strong, but my guess is that to them, they're balanced in some way 

and like the spira prime, they did buff it when they cut it's ammo, so yes. I think it's a (nice, and without any real reason) buff. maybe they stared at the new buffed stats for a while and saw that they may overbuffed it a bit XD

Personally, I'd rather all weapons get a reserve pool of around 4-5 times the magazine capacity. That would balance things out a bit, with the exception of weapons like the Hikou or Furis, which would probably need around 20 times the mag cap.

17 minutes ago, Kthal said:

The Braton Prime was given a massive buff, increasing damage. status chance, fire rate, and magazine capacity significantly. To offset this, DE dropped the ammo capacity.

I like totally didn't know that already  -.- /s  The buff was years ago as of right now the low ammo pool isn't justified any more after all the power creep by other weapons in comparison.

16 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

well, 1st off, to make it special :3 

and 2nd, I've been here long enough and I saw all the nerf boltor/ soma p threads out there. but with no action from DE. and I'm pretty sure they now it's too strong, but my guess is that to them, they're balanced in some way 

and like the spira prime, they did buff it when they cut it's ammo, so yes. I think it's a (nice, and without any real reason) buff. maybe they stared at the new buffed stats for a while and saw that they may overbuffed it a bit XD

Your point is ? I already knew this already it doesn't change anything about the weapon's current state and the fact that the reason for such low ammo pool is valid any more due to power creep. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Braton P is one of my favourite rifles, but it indeed struggles to keep up with other primaries, which is fine because well modded it doesn't really matter till like level 100, but the ammo count is really hurting it at those high levels.

Maybe give it a syndicate mod? max ammo x150% + syndicate proc?

People did complained when they Buffed braton prime, but they reduced ammo capacity for the "balance sake". We never got a full response as to why and they just ignored it so people stopped asking.

And yes I also use Braton Prime, a LOT.

12 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

I would be happy if the Braton prime has 540 ammo capacity instead of the current amount, because then I could swap out ammo mutation mod for a damage mod.

you and me too mate

7 minutes ago, ReizoRyuu said:

Braton P is one of my favourite rifles, but it indeed struggles to keep up with other primaries, which is fine because well modded it doesn't really matter till like level 100, but the ammo count is really hurting it at those high levels.

Maybe give it a syndicate mod? max ammo x150% + syndicate proc?

yeah the damage stats are fine , a well modded one can actually be pretty darn good people tend to underestimate it, that said yeah this is the very reason I made the post.

People complained wow I must have missed that day, I don't get why though, the stats don't seem op at all ? Sheesh Why do people complain when we get buffs, that I cannot understand, we barely get enough buffs as is . It takes years to even months for devs to implement such changes even if noticed. 

3 minutes ago, Ognj said:

People did complained when they Buffed braton prime, but they reduced ammo capacity for the "balance sake". We never got a full response as to why and they just ignored it so people stopped asking.

And yes I also use Braton Prime, a LOT.

Edited by Sonicbullitt