Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa - The Enemy We Wanted But Now Hate

(XBOX)xDarkzgul

I remembervwhen everyone thought Bursas were the coolest enemy and wanted them permanent. We waited a while (Console still have to) then PC got this. Broken, buzkilling bursas.

According to Pc players Bursas are the only thing that make Corpus missions hard, they literally make missions impossible. They mess up missions and can also glitch out and go Sanik mode.

What's about this is if Bursas come to Console like this, it would be there for a very long time as we don't get updates as often. They could mess Corpus missions up for everyone. 

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? Any suggestions? Also, DE, please fix this. 

Bursas have two issues.

1. They have significantly more health than they should, even when you hit them in the weak points. 10x or more anything else in the mission. I would suggest reducing their overall health, but increasing the damage resistance of their armoured regions, to make getting behind them more effective.
  • As a suffix to this, their shields have zero recharge delay, meaning they are actively recharging constantly. At high levels, they can actually recharge their shields at a faster rate than the maximum damage output of a fully optimized Soma Prime, making them completely unkillable.
  1. They have the ability to spawn more Bursas during lockdown, making it impossible to clear rooms as they take too long to kill.
Edited by Kthal

I wouldn't say it's so much that bursas are hard to kill (with maybe a few exceptions) as it is that multiple bursas can sometimes spawn simultaneously when this enemy was supposedly meant to be a sort of miniboss, causing the balance of power to be significantly tilted in favor of enemies.

Additionally, though not always a problem, bursas can sometimes spawn after an exterminate or sabotage is complete, preventing you from extracting. When they spawn like this, they also bring additional enemies, which must also be killed. Sometimes, when you've killed one bursa, another just appears suddenly with yet another crowd of enemies, extending the run indefinitely (Though I'd like to hope this is a bug)

They actual prevent actual rushing through the mission. Whaaaat?! That's crazy. We're ninjas! We're supposed to be fast!

Using your bullet jump, let alone jumping, to avoid their shockwaves is a good counter. Also, running around in circles (since their turn speed is so ridiculously slow) seems to work. 

But who am I kidding? People just don't like innovation, and anything that seems challenging (i.e. kills you once or twice) is ridiculously OP. Great! Let's have another Manic.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)xXNovaFoxXx said:

I'm prepared for these bursas. Just bring Valkyr and she'll make short work of them. Especially there's a adroit to slow them down.

Good luck if a nullie spawns at same time as Bursa, Nullie dispel your invincibility, and bursa prevent you casting again.

And as you try to run, you get knocked down, blinded, pew pewed, and vollies of missiles chasing after you.

1 hour ago, Kracken said:

as far as I'm concerned people hate them not because of their difficulty but because they prevent rushing thou the mission.

They don't prevent rushing missions. The 20-50 you could leave behind during the Razorback assassination mission for example.

I've really only noticed them when doing the Sorties, and even then only on Exterminate missions (or ones that turn into it) because of the continuous spawn turning a Sabotage with 56 enemies to kill into a 30 minute mission a few enemies at a time with 307 at the end. I honestly couldn't tell you if I've even encountered Bursas outside of Sorties because the only time I notice them is when something like what I just described happens.

There's a couple of things that I think should be changed that would fix these issues in Sorties (and maybe Starchart from what I've read):

1. A max of 3 Bursas should be allowed simultaneously (only 1 of each type) with a spawn cooldown that begins after it has died.
    Spoiler

Allowing too many of these Bursas on the field at once can make things overly difficult. After more than a couple are in the same room it seems like fighting Stalker, Shadow Stalker, Grustrag 3, and Zanuka Hunter simultaneously would be easier, and look at how rarely they appear in missions individually.

2. Either don't let Bursas bring additional reinforcements, or don't have those reinforcements increase an extermination counter, or at the very least put a maximum cap on how much they can increase it
    Spoiler

Put a hard cap on the increase, have it based on mission level, have it to the nearest multiple of 50 or 100, but something to keep enemies from continuously spawning and preventing extraction.

3. Bursas only spawn when the area goes into lockdown(second alarm trigger or ship containment breach). This would be good if implemented, but not critical.
    Spoiler

This should be the time that enemies know where you're at and would deploy their heaviest equipment to the area. I think this would make for a better spawn mechanic in that it gives players a chance to reset the alarms before the Bursa spawns. On any mission it's more than likely that the alarms will be triggered by some enemy on the other side of a tile that somehow knows you're there because you weren't invisible. This provides a setback for players that then ignore those alarms until forced by lockdown and gives more cautious players a chance to avoid heavy combat without needing 100% stealth.

Edited by Maicael

2 minutes ago, Drust2 said:

What was really annoying is during today's Sorties when the Bursas kept on messing up with the Extermination enemy kill amount

On that sortie, what was the most annoying thing was that our squaddies found the extract point before it properly appeared to map. At that point we have killed all the enemies but because of the alarm the bursas and reinforcement kept on coming. So last three-four minutes went like this: All players camped at extraction point -- excluding me, I was next to the extraction (within 10 meters) fighting against bursas and crewmen and simultaneously trying to lift the alarm. You know that hack panel next to the extraction point on that coprus ship. Anyways two of those squaddies were really angry to me cause I didn't go to extraction and this valkyr used ripline, constantly pulling me there. So I fought against ripline, bursas and other coprus enemies trying to get a small gap from the fight to the hacking.

Instead of blaming the squad mates -- the current corpus exterminate missions are too confusing. There is no indicator of the alarm expect the white markers on the map. The objective is to exterminate enemies and not to end up with endless extermination mission. It would help a-lot if Lotus would say on these situations something like: "your extraction is compromised. You need to lift the alarm" or "you cannot extract during alarm"  -- making things bit clearer to all players.

i kinda like the bursas as they are now, at least we dont have to babysit them like we had to during the event where they were first introduced

but i guess they could have a few things tweaked here and there so that it feels balanced, like how they tend to spawn multiple bursas at once, or how we have to wait for them to die after taking their health down so we can get whatever drop they might have. (i still want that tempo royale)

1 hour ago, carnaga said:

On that sortie, what was the most annoying thing was that our squaddies found the extract point before it properly appeared to map. At that point we have killed all the enemies but because of the alarm the bursas and reinforcement kept on coming. So last three-four minutes went like this: All players camped at extraction point -- excluding me, I was next to the extraction (within 10 meters) fighting against bursas and crewmen and simultaneously trying to lift the alarm. You know that hack panel next to the extraction point on that coprus ship. Anyways two of those squaddies were really angry to me cause I didn't go to extraction and this valkyr used ripline, constantly pulling me there. So I fought against ripline, bursas and other coprus enemies trying to get a small gap from the fight to the hacking.

Instead of blaming the squad mates -- the current corpus exterminate missions are too confusing. There is no indicator of the alarm expect the white markers on the map. The objective is to exterminate enemies and not to end up with endless extermination mission. It would help a-lot if Lotus would say on these situations something like: "your extraction is compromised. You need to lift the alarm" or "you cannot extract during alarm"  -- making things bit clearer to all players.

I think this is the reason I'm bringing the Liset Air Support with me.

if it really is as broken as people are making it out to be (and I'm not believing it right now, because this community tends to overreact A LOT), it'll likely get tweaked before Console gets it. besides, it can be argued that more challenge was needed with Corpus sorties; anyone with Mag or a Synoid Simulor/Gammacor can steamroll through them, even at level 100. the Grineer have their high armour, the Corpus have Bursas. now we just need to make Infested missions harder..

I've got it! lets make Juggernaut Behemoths spawn like Bursas during infested missions! *evil laughter*