The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I'm I doing wrong with my Armaments

Proman249

Question

So I have a little problem.  I've been a veteran player since the early days of the beta, but I never understood how other players were doing so much more damage than me.  Let me give you an example.  So when people do a T3 defense, survival etc etc, the others I play with are killing lvl 30's like their soft sticks of butter already heated and I guess I never got the memo on how they were doing it because it take a whole clip sometimes from my Tetra to kill only one.  Now I have some idea on how their doing it but I think it only is the mods on their weapons but I dont understand how a fully modded Seration mod does that amount of damage.  So Im asking all of you, what I'm I doing wrong here.

23 answers to this question

The Tetra isn't the best of weapons to use...

But it can be really good with a catalyst and forma.

What is your mod setup with the Tetra?

What you should use are the base damage mods (Serration, Heavy Caliber)

Mutlishot and a utility mod(Split Chamber and Shred)

and 90% elemental mods

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Base damage + Multishot + elements fitting for the enemy faction + fire rate / crit stuff / whatever fits the weapon, it adds up.

What exactly do you have on your (not-exactly-a-beast-by-default, heh) Tetra?

The wiki page for each weapon usually has at least one build video:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tetra

This one has 4 videos showcasing builds (not least in action), those should help.

[Granted, some build videos are outdated after certain tweaks but the general idea stays the same.]

Edited by NinjaZeku

It's definitely your mod, serration will increase your damage by leaps and bounds. Also, you need to familiarize yourself with elemental damage as this too will multiply your damage almost 3 fold. Go to the wiki and read up on damage 2.0, I would give a link but it's kind of hard from a phone...

Serration, Heavy Caliber, 90% elemental mod 1, 90% elemental mod 2

Split Chamber, Fire rate mod, Shred, reload speed mod.

That's how i would mod the Tetra. Use the correct elemental mods for whatever enemy you're fighting. void, use Corrosive (Toxic + Electric) or Viral (Toxic + Cold).

Edited by TheFatDrake
Forgot shred existed

6 minutes ago, -CM-s7even said:

Here's a useful tip for ya from the Wiki.

With a large portion (80%) of its total damage relying on Puncture b Puncture, it is somewhat more viable to install a Piercing Hit and Piercing Caliber mods than with most weapons.

Could you please not suggest using 30% IPS damage Mods like Piercing Hit? Pretty please? Because ... urgh.

Would the Soma be a good weapon to work towards?  Yall keep saying Tetra's not good but I dont know of any other good Primary.  What other things I'm using are Orthos Prime, Aklex, dethcube, and Rhino is my Primary Warframe.

Edited by Proman249

3 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

Would the Soma be a good weapon to work towards?  Yall keep saying Tetra's not good but I dont know of any other good Primary.

Any shotgun, soma prime, any syndicate primary, tonkor, braton prime, quanta vandal, lanka. Those are a few good ones.

3 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

Would the Soma be a good weapon to work towards?  Yall keep saying Tetra's not good but I dont know of any other good Primary.

The Soma is a really nice weapon to work towards. It has nice crit chance and crit damage, but low base damage but it balances out with its other stats.

There are a ton of rifles (And shotguns) that are good.

Just to name a few, you got the Tiberon, Tigris, Karak, Hek and so many more. Anything can be good with investment... even the most, unsavory of weapons...

3h2knrp.jpg

And to whoever decides to down vote the actual posts that point out the main problem of the OP, could please be kind to explain how TETRA is considered good? No status, no crits, low damage, low fire rate, procectile speed, recoil. Tons of other weapons surpassing it. This is the forum to help people, not keep them with their problems. 

In all honesty, any weapon can be useful in any mission. Now, im not going to sit here and say the tetra is the go to weapon for any mission, but I wont tell you to get another one either. I have a 7 forma mk1-braton that i absolutely love to use in random missions.

So keeping in line with its already decent rate of fire, I did my tetra like this http://goo.gl/JLc6Ey

You want to focus on headshots though. The damage and rate of fire will do you decently, and the elemental damage will help greatly with corrupted enemies. Its not an impossible weapon. You can do just fine with it in a defense for a little while. If you are trying for 40+ waves, you might struggle with it, but below that, you should be able to make up the differece using your frames abilities to either boost damage, or crowd control.

13 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

So I have a little problem.  I've been a veteran player since the early days of the beta, but I never understood how other players were doing so much more damage than me.  Let me give you an example.  So when people do a T3 defense, survival etc etc, the others I play with are killing lvl 30's like their soft sticks of butter already heated and I guess I never got the memo on how they were doing it because it take a whole clip sometimes from my Tetra to kill only one.  Now I have some idea on how their doing it but I think it only is the mods on their weapons but I dont understand how a fully modded Seration mod does that amount of damage.  So Im asking all of you, what I'm I doing wrong here.

Don't use tetra. Unless you like doing the least damage in your squad. Then you need more than only serration, you will need elementals that are effective against the enemy faction and crit mods on crit viable weapons and so on.