The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help a newb pick a warframe!

Anti-1337

Question

Hello all! Let me start by saying I've been playing for about two weeks, and I've accumulated 5 or so frames (Excalibur, Valkyr, Saryn, Nyx, Rhino). Saryn is my favorite for group play (dat gas ignis tho) and Rhino is my favorite for solo star chart progression.

I have Ember, Frost, Loki building right now, and can build Oberon and Vauban. I have access to the clan frames too. I only have enough plat for two warframe slots right now. I know this is sort of a subjective topic, but which ones should I take? I love Rhino's survivability, and I love how Saryn can clear whole rooms, even though she feels a bit squishy in longer survival missions.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

EDIT: Totally forgot, I have Mag building right now too.

Edited by Ant11337

Its totally up to you and your playstyle. Like Kestral said above, vauban is a pretty solid frame. I would recommend going to the wiki and looking through each frame page you are interested in, it should allow you to find which ones you like and shoot for them. If slots are an issue, there's always trading, or just keeping the best version of whatever frame you have (prime). A few of my personal favorites are: Loki, Excalibur, Trinity, and Banshee(still learning with her). Between those four I can pretty much cover any objective or mission type. Depending on the frame, most have different ways they can be played. For example, Loki is played many many different ways. A few noteable ones are: Invisibility Loki(Max Duration, Efficiency; Used for sprinting and stealth runs), Disarm Loki(Max Range, Efficiency; Used for disarming enemies and playing as a team player.)

Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, xochild said:

That kind of attitude is why some people dislike Founders. I'm well aware where it comes from, I personally don't like it.

A new Tenno came to ask for help and advice, and you didn't answer their question.

Woooh chill out man, it's just a nickname for fun and it's not like this joke will become a reality ingame... :)

If you're upset because we're joking about a french warframe, rest assured, c'est juste un p'tit nom ridicule & rigolo.

30 minutes ago, xochild said:

Ridicule? Vraiment, ce n'est pas drôle. La point est d'aider l'OP, pas de discuter des blagues.

Hey cmon arreter donc un peu. Vous voulez quand même pas que [DE]Danielle vous smash un clavier dans face right ? <- Yeah thats French/CA/QC/Slang and btw [DE]Danielle dont do that she just break the keyboards with bad luck ^.^ Its just a joke

Oh and btw i didnt not read your op correctly Ant11337

ill split them up for you

Survivability :

-  Frost ( for snowglobe its perfect for defense and he is tanky )  

-  Loki (if you go invis)

Damage:

- Ember 

- Mag ( yeah against corpus totaly worth the try )

Utility :

- Vauban ( lots of usefull skills)

- Oberon ( healing and is 4 is super useful in bad situation )

- Loki ( yeah again if you go radial disarm)

Its of course a realy simple classification made by my personal way of playing those frames

Choose the one suits you the most and have fun ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
Typo!

2 minutes ago, unknow99 said:

Build Booben.

I really wish people would stop calling him that.

I'd recommend building Oberon and Zephyr. Both are pretty survivable frames, Oberon is also one of the more popular choices for his 4. Zephyr is tonnes of fun to play with, and is a great frame for a new Tenno to discover areas of tilesets they wouldn't ordinarily explore.

It wasn't mentioned, but, I'd also recommend building Mag. She's very strong against the Corpus and against enemies with armour, as well as pretty survivable once you get used to playing her.

Best of luck, Tenno!

4 minutes ago, xochild said:

I really wish people would stop calling him that.

I'd recommend building Oberon and Zephyr. Both are pretty survivable frames, Oberon is also one of the more popular choices for his 4. Zephyr is tonnes of fun to play with, and is a great frame for a new Tenno to discover areas of tilesets they wouldn't ordinarily explore.

It wasn't mentioned, but, I'd also recommend building Mag. She's very strong against the Corpus and against enemies with armour, as well as pretty survivable once you get used to playing her.

Best of luck, Tenno!

Booben became vauban's nickname back in the early days of warframe. it's kinda stuck so it's not going away. seeing as you're somewhat newish to the forums you probably don't know why he's called booben

Edited by LordOfScrugging

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Booben became vauban's nickname back in the early days of warframe. it's kinda stuck so it's not going away. seeing as you're somewhat newish to the forums you probably don't know why he's called booben

Haha I didn't know that. I'm not really a troll type of player but it sounds like the consensus is Vauban! Thanks much guys. I might take Loki as my second for easy Spy missions

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

seeing as you're somewhat newish to the forums you probably don't know

That kind of attitude is why some people dislike Founders. I'm well aware where it comes from, I personally don't like it.

A new Tenno came to ask for help and advice, and you didn't answer their question.

Alternatively, out of the frames you currently have building, Frost. Ember is amusing, Loki is hax, Mag is niche, but you'll get a lot of milage out of Frost.

As far as Frost goes, you've got fairly high shields and health, on top of one of the highest armor ratings in the game. Powers wise, Avalanche is your room clear (Note: line of sight limited), and Snow Globe is going to be your best friend in any kind of defense mission, especially solo.

More importantly, you don't need particularly expensive mods for him. Besides your personal durability mods, you're mainly building for strength, a bit of range, and however much efficiency you feel like devoting slots to. If you're willing to use the power restores, slotting in a high-ranked Flow instead of efficiency, and simply relying on a larger power pool is also perfectly valid.

4 minutes ago, SwiftPotato12 said:

I would recommend going to the wiki and looking through each frame page you are interested in

This is probably the single greatest piece of advice anyone could offer in Warframe. Virtually anything you want to know about this game is on the wiki.

Ah yeah, you have my tastes. Saryn and Rhino are my favorite frames in the game as well.

I'd also recommend you start using Valkyr. She is another one of my favorites. I mainly use her for end game stuff such as Sorties which you'll have a very easy time with, and easy tank roles in the raids. Since you are new, you can reach and effectively do the end game stuff very early with the help of Valkyr.

Then later, once you get more powerful mods such as Vault, Syndicate, and Nightmare mods, you can mod Saryn and other of your favorite frames for endgame as well.

Edited by CadenFall

Man , the only 4 frames that I will recommend you are :

1) Oberon ( Better than rhino if you are doing Solo)

2) Zephyr ( Most underrated frame but in my opinion the best Crowd Control Frame)

3) Ivara ( Trust me, You will need her)

4) Vauban ( The best Crowd Control Warframe )

No-one mentions Equinox, tho' he/she(it?) is very powerful both in defense and in offense. Night form can put a 25m wide area into sleep, which completely incapacitates the targets and they become susceptible to melee execution attacks, as well as suffer from the undetected x4 damage bonus, also she can heal. Day form can clear 90m wide (depends on how much damage he previously accumulated).

Putting into sleep with night form and throwing an glaive prime into the crowd is really satisfying to look at

Edited by Bouldershoulder
fixed some numbers, added a few words

Im not sure if anyone else has said this or not, but I would go watch the Warframe Profiles. They give a little introduction to the different frames. After that, go to the Wikia and check out the frames that may have caught your eye. Remember, unless you are buying them with platinum, some frames are much easier to get than others. (Like Rhino vs Equinox.)

1 minute ago, Bouldershoulder said:

No-one mentions Equinox, tho' he/she(it?) is very powerful both in defense and in offense. Night form can put a 12,5m wide area into sleep, which completely incapacitates the targets and they become susceptible to melee finisher attacks, as well as suffer from the undetected x4 damage bonus, also she can heal. Day form can clear 45m wide (depends on how much damage he previously accumulated).

I think everyone agrees she (Equinox) is one of the most powerful and versatile frame around, but, I think the OP was specifically asking about the frames they have access to.

She is definitely one of my favourite frames to play, though.