Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the upcoming graphical improvement... It's time for Gore 3.0

As living beings, we all thrive on feedback. And here's some feedback about the feedback we're getting from the multitude of weapons we have at our disposal...

The impact our 6x forma weapon does, do not commensurate with the visible damage on our foes.

Yes I know you get the occasional split open corpse with your fully nodded slash based weapon. But these do not happen often enough to give us the  visual satisfaction of gibbing our foes with a well placed shot.

Most often enemies fly off in 1 piece like being hit with a baseball bat, after a 6x forma shotgun shot.  Or crumple to the ground with residual elemental effects.

Not satisfying. 

I'd like to see more gore, more accurate damage feedback depending on the area hit with different bullet types. More claasy splatter.

We need our weapons to feel powerful. Every slice, dice, shot, and pop to reward us with the appropriate intensity of gore.

Give a gore sliders for those with weaker stomachs.

TL;dr:

More guts more glory.

More gore for all.

there is still more feedback needed for some units as well like kubrows just fly and ragdoll when killed (grineer and feral) some infested units don't split apart as well like crawlers for an example. they need some love... to be ripped apart!

I don't want warframe to be Mortal Kombat, since mortal Kombat has a suprisizinly high amount of blood, it's like the characters are made out of clay and filled with 10+ gallons of Hawaiian punch.

I want the gore 3.0 to be more of a "slicing thing" if anything.

Or more effective against enemies without the bodies getting in the way to stop us from firing at them.

Two things.

1. More cutting locations would be nice/ideal. Man, I even sometimes wish you could dismember living enemies to remove their weapon or force them to the ground by severing or both legs.

2. Corpses need to stop being solid or get affected by bullet impacts knocking them out of the way. I really, really don't like when you kill an enemy and instead of ragdolling, they do their death animation that makes them block the path of follow-up shots, while the enemy may still hit you just fine.

2 minutes ago, -GaMeR- said:

Maybe gore slide bar in the options should be added. :D

Maybe, maybe not. But when you shoot a guy and fifty bucketfuls of blood spurts out, it's silly. When the entire map is covered in blood and guts, it's silly. There is such a thing as too much gore, because it loses its impact and starts being stupid.

What we need is for gore to be back to as much as it was before it started being buggy, but with more detail, better dismemberment (more directions to cut up bodies, less shins standing on their own etc.), more detailed kill effects for elemental damage, and some proper terrain scarring. That's all we need. Not to turn the game into some grindhouse b-movie sea of gore.

1 minute ago, JRMC said:

I can only think of one thing:

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that looks ridiculous?

It's a pool's-worth of red jelly from one guy getting shot in the head. It hardly even looks like blood. The break points are really noticeable after a while too.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that looks ridiculous?

It's a pool's-worth of red jelly from one guy getting shot in the head. It hardly even looks like blood. The break points are really noticeable after a while too.

It's game with heavy metal music, freakishly looking monsters, and more gore than you could imagine. It's not supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to be amazingly entertaining to play with blood textures filling entire maps. Killing Floor was never too serious to being with.

Maybe with weapons that shoot out large projectiles like the bolter it would shoot them full of literal holes that you could see when they die. Not sure how that would work or anything just throwing out an idea

55 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

As living beings, we all thrive on feedback. And here's some feedback about the feedback we're getting from the multitude of weapons we have at our disposal...

The impact our 6x forma weapon does, do not commensurate with the visible damage on our foes.

Yes I know you get the occasional split open corpse with your fully nodded slash based weapon. But these do not happen often enough to give us the  visual satisfaction of gibbing our foes with a well placed shot.

Most often enemies fly off in 1 piece like being hit with a baseball bat, after a 6x forma shotgun shot.  Or crumple to the ground with residual elemental effects.

Not satisfying. 

I'd like to see more gore, more accurate damage feedback depending on the area hit with different bullet types. More claasy splatter.

We need our weapons to feel powerful. Every slice, dice, shot, and pop to reward us with the appropriate intensity of gore.

Give a gore sliders for those with weaker stomachs.

TL;dr:

More guts more glory.

More gore for all.

yes canada cheers crowd swipe right

Gosh, finally someone.
This is exactly what throws me off a lot about warframe, how slaying feels so lame and anticlimactic.

I mean seriously, ever thought how forgettable it is to take down any enemy at all, regardless of the difficulty ?!?

5 minutes ago, JRMC said:

It's game with heavy metal music, freakishly looking monsters, and more gore than you could imagine. It's not supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to be amazingly entertaining to play with blood textures filling entire maps. Killing Floor was never too serious to being with.

I didn't say anything about realism.

I didn't say anything about realism.

You're telling me the blood coming out of monsters looks ridiculous Not humans. Not animals. Laboratory experiments. I'm just giving you my opinion on why it shouldn't look that way to you.

4 minutes ago, JRMC said:

You're telling me the blood coming out of monsters looks ridiculous Not humans. Not animals. Laboratory experiments. I'm just giving you my opinion on why it shouldn't look that way to you.

I still didn't say anything about realism.

It also doesn't even fit into that game, with its graphics and style. It's obviously not a cartoonish game, but then you have these enemies that spurt out JELLY in more amounts than their bodies could possibly hold (which looks out of place with the rest of the game, not least because most of the gore is at least styled realistically), and all the young folks go crazy over it like IT'S SO GORY WOW NEXT GEN

It looks stupid because it's cartoonish, in a game that isn't cartoonish.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

A bit more gore is always a nice touch for warframe. Currently killing grineers are not satisfying enough. They are cloned flesh, but they still have blood. I want to feel something after killing them. A pool of blood forming under the body. That sensation is missing from warframe, so kill mobs of grineers or other enemies are less entertaining. They usually fall the ground and disappear.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It also doesn't even fit into that game, with its graphics and style. It's obviously not a cartoonish game, but then you have these enemies that spurt out JELLY in more amounts than their bodies could possibly hold (which looks out of place with the rest of the game, not least because most of the gore is at least styled realistically), and all the young folks go crazy over it like IT'S SO GORY WOW NEXT GEN

Okay, fine, no realism then. The game has to be extremely cartoonish for it to have unrealistic standards that suit your liking. You're like that crowd of players that comment on the aesthetic look of this entire game, which is set in god knows when and with technology that doesn't meet our knowledge. That's why I mentioned realism, because Killing Floor is neither realistic, nor cartoonish. It's unique. It's comical and gory.

Does it need to be in blocks for you to recognize it that it doesn't take itself serious in all "realistic" aspects?

It is an zombie game with an impossible scenario, it doesn't need to follow any rules. And i personally, think that makes the game ever so more fun to play, since it also doesn't have any "deep" storytelling. 

13 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Okay, fine, no realism then. The game has to be extremely cartoonish for it to have unrealistic standards that suit your liking. You're like that crowd of players that comment on the aesthetic look of this entire game, which is set in god knows when and with technology that doesn't meet our knowledge. That's why I mentioned realism, because Killing Floor is neither realistic, nor cartoonish. It's unique. It's comical and gory.

You're still not getting it. I don't know how else to explain that this isn't the point. If it looks silly in a silly game, it's fine. If it looks silly in a game that isn't silly, it's not. It's literally that simple. You don't need to profile me, make assumptions and assertions and lump me into a category because of it. I'm not here to give anything crap for not being a photorealistic war simulator like you appear to think I am.

Edited by AdunSaveMe