Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nyx Prime worth it?

(PSN)tkMango_14

Question

So apparently my foundry said that I have a full set of nyx prime and I haven't even noticed.With that being said, is she even worth building? I already have loki prime and irradiation disarm.Is there anything nyx can do that loki can't do? Her design looks great but in my opinion, that's the only thing she has going for her.

22 answers to this question

Every frame is about play style. So look at a frames potential and compare it to your MOD collection. Do you have MODs that would compliment those abilites? Those are the questions you want to ask.

I like Nyx, she has her uses, like turning every level 80 Grineer badass in the room against their sworn brothers that they fought their entire lives next to. Thats pretty worth it.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Chaos does not function the same as confusion from a radiation proc.

Chaos increases the threat level of enemies affected. This more or less guarantees that an enemy affected by chaos will attack other chaos'd enemies and/or be attacked by unaffected enemies in range. 

A radiation proc, such as those caused by Irradiating Disarm, only allows for enemies to attack each other. It doesn't affect threat level, so their behavior can be unpredictable.

The strength in Loki's 4 is the disarm, the radiation is just a bonus and does not stand on equal ground with the affects of Chaos.

Yes she's definitely worth it. While you don't take away the guns of enemies, you still confuse them left and right. You've got to have the right mind set when you play as Nyx (somewhat of a pun intended). Try her, you'll be amazed.

She's very good and scales well.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)E1337K11LER said:

Is there anything nyx can do that loki can't do?

It seems you are only comparing Chaos to Radial Disarm with that comment.

Mind Control converts an enemy into an allied for a certain time, it becomes stronger, more resistant and deals more damage to enemies. Much better than Decoy in my opinion.

Psychic Bolts deals little damage, will probably proc Radiation on target and enemies around it.

Chaos lasts longer, has more range and costs less energy than Radial Disarm. Loki may have Irradiating Disarm but it has a short duration and takes up a slot. Also, Radial Disarm isn't as effective as Chaos against Infested.

Absorb is a great damage dealer (Although it might consume too much energy) and has decent CC if the enemies don't die, she's also completely inmune (Even procs stop having an effect on you) while in this state although she's unable to move. Loki does not have an ability to deal damage like this one.

Edited by Nachino

Nyx was the first prime I was able to make.  I even had to farm Nyx (killing phoroid) after I made Nyx prime.  I am MR 20 after playing about 8 months now.

It is not a frame you are going to be able to get the most damage, or kills with.  nor even take less damage.  But what she excells at is Chaos, which is the 3rd best Crowd Control ability IMHO.  Loki's disarm just reduces the Enemies to Melee, and at high levels they can still one hit and almost kill tenno with nothing but a crowbar.  The other people in your squad will appreciate the CC ability and be able to attack them without worring too much.  The First ability will create your own personal bodyguard, and her fourth is a great panic button.

Loki is better solo, but Nyx is better for Teamplay

I feel like Nyx is queen of Mobile Defenses. With how I set her up I usually afk-run them and I often go through missions without firing my gun.

I'm not saying I don't get kills.... I'm saying I'm not the one with blood on my hands ;)

4 minutes ago, Nachino said:

Huh, nice catch.It seems to me that nyx has a few advantages over loki after all.Her chaos sphere also sounds interesting.I just might think about making her after saryn prime.

Nyx and her prime counterpart are simply, a must-have for all players. It's when you start sticking with her that some people just don't get. I don't blame them, it can be 'boring' to use Nyx. However imo, Nyx is an amazing frame.

Her first ability Mind Control can become VERY useful in later game, especially when using it on Ancients since they give you a damage reduction buff if you're near them, making bullets and lasers feel like mosquito stings even against Sortie enemies (levels 60-100).

Her 2nd just looks pretty cool but isn't very useful in the long run, though radiation can be proc'd fairly frequently.

With Chaos being her 3rd, Nyx can more or less protect an objective by herself, no matter the level. Since Chaos affects the enemies around you, the damage output of Nyx's Chaos scales with the enemies. That basically means her presence will be felt for the duration of the mission (especially in survivals and defenses). Many Nyx players mod her for Chaos for a reason.

Finally, Absorb is also very useful. It can save you from unpleasant situations such as being stun-locked by bombards since all you have to do is press 4 and voila, you basically become Aang as bullets and explosives get absorbed by your massive balls. Oh yeah, you can also kill enemies with your balls or knock them down. Did I mention the fully sick SFX that plays when your balls explode?

Conclusively, I feel that she is one of the more underplayed frames in Warframe. She's definitely worth building for other reasons e.g. Mastery Rank, versatility, etc. but using her as one of your mains? Yeah, that depends on your preference. It all goes down to your play-style and how you feel when playing as Nyx. Maybe try investing an Orokin Reactor if you still feel undecided? They always show the 'true potential' of items.

Like I always say, Nyx is like a sponge. She's really useful, absorbs stuff, creates bubbles and most importantly,

You want her with you in the shower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 hours ago, (PS4)E1337K11LER said:

Huh, nice catch.It seems to me that nyx has a few advantages over loki after all.Her chaos sphere also sounds interesting.I just might think about making her after saryn prime.

Don't bother with chaos sphere. It's been completely useless since you can recast chaos at will.

I enjoy nyx more than Loki in general.  Everyone else made some good points, most of which I agree with.

One thing I didn't see was that her augment for chaos is actually pretty nice with the changes they made to casting chaos. Chaos is spammable but the radius with a Max power range build really reduces the need to spam it.

Edited by BlueFalcon13
Stupid phone autocorrect

Just now, ThorienKELL said:

Nyx cannot compare to loki (since you're trying to compare her) but that is beside the point - very few frames in this game can - if any at all.

Why can't they be compared? Any frame can be compared to another frame, at least i don't see why not. Showing the differences is part of a comparison aswell.

Just now, (PS4)E1337K11LER said:

Oh really? That's good to know

The only problem with it (Might be a bug) is that those enemies that were already under the effect of Chaos will not be affected by the recasted Chaos, they will remain under the effect of Chaos however for the time they had left from the previous cast. I don't know if i was clear.

4 hours ago, Nachino said:

Why can't they be compared? Any frame can be compared to another frame, at least i don't see why not. Showing the differences is part of a comparison aswell.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, it could be a linguistic issue. When I say "cannot compare" I mean cannot stand up to. Loki is overall far superior frame but that doesn't mean nyx isn't good, only that loki is really good. 

I've read your analysis post in which you're trying to compare them power by power, it's a futile attempt and it's clear that you don't understand the loki fully -  and I honestly don't feel like yet another long educational post-debate because it's mostly pointless, people tend to believe what they wish anyway. Maybe once when you get more experience you will realize frame's full potential. 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, it could be a linguistic issue. When I say "cannot compare" I mean cannot stand up to. Loki is overall far superior frame but that doesn't mean nyx isn't good, only that loki is really good. 

I've read your analysis post in which you're trying to compare them power by power, it's a futile attempt and it's clear that you don't understand the loki fully -  and I honestly don't feel like yet another long educational post-debate because it's mostly pointless, people tend to believe what they wish anyway. Maybe once when you get more experience you will realize frame's full potential. 

I was not making a power by power comparison, i explained every ability a little. I did compare Mind Control to Decoy and Chaos to Radial Disarm (With Irradiating Disarm) because i consider it a fair comparison since they are similar abilities.

I do fully understand Loki and i never said he wasn't superior but as i pointed out, Nyx can be more effective in certain situations.

1 hour ago, Nachino said:

I was not making a power by power comparison, i explained every ability a little. I did compare Mind Control to Decoy and Chaos to Radial Disarm (With Irradiating Disarm) because i consider it a fair comparison since they are similar abilities.

I do fully understand Loki and i never said he wasn't superior but as i pointed out, Nyx can be more effective in certain situations.

Although we mostly agree, I don't think that you fully understand loki as you think that you do. For example, you said that mind control is more useful then loki's decoy. Granted when you suceed in controlling unit like bomber, that's nice, but AI is never smart enough to help you as much as you hope it will.

On the other hand i use decoy to traverse large spaces (+ switch teleport), reach difficult areas when hunting for caches, pass behind lasers and sensors in spy vaults, aggro enemies away from fallen tenno, collect mobs on single spot when disarmed and then clean groups easily with tonkor, block doors when needed, put on hard to reach spots so it lasts forever ... in short, decoy is far, far more superior and useful power then one Ai controled unit can ever be in a million years, no matter how powerful.

And I don't even want to start on theme of radial disarm. Think about it, you're disarming opponents. And you have option to leave them sane or fighting each other. It's immense level of power flexibility. In really hard missions, past 1hr in T4 survival, when those hits start to really hurt, having mobs with no ranged weapons is insane advantage, but if i have to explain obvious things like these it's clear that fellow tenno just lacks experience /time spent on certain frame, no offense intended. 

Although we mostly agree, I don't think that you fully understand loki as you think that you do. For example, you said that mind control is more useful then loki's decoy. Granted when you suceed in controlling unit like bomber, that's nice, but AI is never smart enough to help you as much as you hope it will.

On the other hand i use decoy to traverse large spaces (+ switch teleport), reach difficult areas when hunting for caches, pass behind lasers and sensors in spy vaults, aggro enemies away from fallen tenno, collect mobs on single spot when disarmed and then clean groups easily with tonkor, block doors when needed, put on hard to reach spots so it lasts forever ... in short, decoy is far, far more superior and useful power then one Ai controled unit can ever be in a million years, no matter how powerful.

And I don't even want to start on theme of radial disarm. Think about it, you're disarming opponents. And you have option to leave them sane or fighting each other. It's immense level of power flexibility. In really hard missions, past 1hr in T4 survival, when those hits start to really hurt, having mobs with no ranged weapons is insane advantage, but if i have to explain obvious things like these it's clear that fellow tenno just lacks experience /time spent on certain frame, no offense intended. 

I've been playing this game for a very long time and i know how to play every single warframe, their strengths and weaknesses, especially with Loki. I don't want to discuss if i know how to play Loki or not, i do know. No offense taken since they were only assumptions honestly.

Decoy is very useful in combination with Switch Teleport, and you can't do the same with Nyx. However when playing with a team you will probably be using an RD Loki and with that build Decoy has a short duration and even though enemies probably won't reach it Eximus fire units can still take it out easily.

With Mind Control you can grant you and your team buffs from Ancients and Eximus or create a long lasting "decoy", it won't be taken out as fast as a decoy even by armed enemies and it will deal some damage back to enemies. I understand that Decoy is more flexible but i don't see how that makes it far superior, i still prefer Mind Control over Decoy mainly because of those buffs you can gain for you and the team.

I compared Radial Disarm with Irradiating Disarm to Chaos because of what OP said about making enemies attack each other and explained why Chaos was better on that particular purpose. I think that Chaos and RD without ID work very differently, they have advantages and disadvantages one over the other and against different factions but i'm not going to explain them this time.

4 hours ago, Nachino said:

She's very good and scales well.

Mind Control converts an enemy....

Nyx cannot compare to loki (since you're trying to compare her) but that is beside the point - very few frames in this game can - if any at all.

For OP, suffice is to say that you should definitely build nyx - it's excellent and capable frame, with her own unique twist to make her interesting and different from loki's syndicate mod which makes their power somewehat similar. And she looks truly awesome, unlike common nyx. 

Edited by ThorienKELL