The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage immortal at 2 health?

Pansai

Question

Hi there,

I've just seen a player using Mirage being at 2 health during a whole Sortie interception. I used my Vazarin focus once to heal him, but he dropped down to 2 health again almost instantly. But he never died. How does that work?

regards,

Pansai

13 answers to this question

Once you stop taking damage Quick Thinking stops draining your energy.

Many people use Quick Thinking in comjuntion with Rage (gain energy while taking damage), Mirage also has quite a high energy pool anyway, especially with a high ranked Primed Flow.

You also have numerous other ways in the game to restock energy, Zenurick Focus (up to 4 per second), Energy Syphon, Energy Resupply pads, Trinity in the party, Equilibrium (Health from energy drops, energy from health drops)

There are various different combinations they could have been using to sustain the Quick Thinking drain.

Rage can help energy come in during the periods the player is above 2 HP.

Also if they're using Zenurik and have the energy regen maxed out and had a chance to fire it off in the mission, it can grant some nice constant regen since Quick Thinking won't disable regens.  After two minutes in the mission they can get 4 energy per seconds regens on top of any Energy Siphons, pickups, restores, etc.

Rage fills up your Energy as you take Health damage (letting you refill Health easily with Life Strike),

the Zenurik Focus gives strong Energy regen, there are Syndicate effects that give Energy, also Team Energy Restores.

Coupled with Hall Of Mirrors clones acting as decoys, Eclipse possibly giving a massive damage reduction

and of course the Blind effect from Prism, Mirage can be quite a bit more sturdy than her base stats suggest.

Sure, but then he'd need a non-stop energy source. I was wondering about the whole build. Just putting Quick Thinking on a Mirage can't be enough to  create sth more durable than a Wukong, or can it?

1 hour ago, Pansai said:

Sure, but then he'd need a non-stop energy source. I was wondering about the whole build. Just putting Quick Thinking on a Mirage can't be enough to  create sth more durable than a Wukong, or can it?

Zenurik, QT, Rage, Prime flow probably. Even that couldn't normally beat out a wukong probably- but factoring in just the amount of damage prevention her clones give her by being a distraction to enemies already makes mirage a tank without mods... Not to mention eclipse reduces damage if you're in shadows- which iirc at least 2 of the missions in sorties today were almost entirely dark.

1 hour ago, Pansai said:

Not necessarily. Not on Mirage at least.

Between the fact that the clones of Hall Of Mirrors tend to divert some fire away from you (quite a lot actually, particularly if you move fast) and the fact that in shade Mirage can reach 95% damage reduction, on top of gaining an "evasion" buff (enemies are less likely to hit you) can make for a really durable frame even without an endless energy source in your pocket.

That said, Wu Kong is entirely unreachable, only Valkyr can beat him in straight face tanking.

Ooo my turn at the free post count repeating what everyone said 10x now!

Quick Thinking + Rage + Zenurik = massive survival!

So many posts where people are just repeating the same thing 100x for post count...

Pretty much what everyone said. Quick Thinking stops your health at 2 and starts to drain your energy. Coupled with Primed Flow, that's a lot of energy, not to mention Zenurik being 4 energy per second, and if you're using a high efficiency build with enough duration, you can gain back more than the energy you used and if you have a way to minimize damage as much as possible, then yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough to die.

effective health you get from energy via quick thinking and primed flow is, iirc, ((2.4 x <total energy>) x (1 + <total armor>/300))