The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance post 18.5

eyeopener

28 minutes ago, Yakoul said:

Low end user here. I already have everything at the minimum settings. Before the patch today I usually had 50-60fps+ constantly. Now whenever I am looking at the shadows caused by the new lighting system (Draco is a good example), my FPS drops to 20-35 even if nothing is going on. When a fight happens in a dark area it now drops to the 20s.

It never went that low before except those brief moments when there's massive AoE spam. Either way the game isn't playable for me anymore because on dark missions my frame rate is too low, but it was 100% fine before this patch.

this is basically me right now. And unfortunately the kronia relay crashes me every single time i enter

I was having a massive performance drop, getting only 5 fps on earth. But even when I went back to my Liset the fps was still much lower than normal. I had a program downloading in the background, so I closed Warframe and then closed the program. When I restarted Warframe, everything was running way smoother. I was getting a higher fps than even before the update. So, perhaps background applications are interfering with performance?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I alrady had DX10 disabled.

Edited by LightningSentinel

35 minutes ago, DZerok22 said:

I got lot of stuttering and fps drops, then after X minutes it was gone I got same problem when uranus was released they fixed it, but it back again, disabling DX10 did the trick for me.

Did the trick for me. My game was running smoothly a while ago until the update hit. 

I may have found another solution if turning off DX10 doesn't work, just uncheck 64 bit mode in the launcher options (to use 32bit).

This removed the stuttering I had after trying turning off DX10+11/updating graphics drivers/changing graphics settings/optimizing cache, etc. No problems with FPS.

My specs are FX 6300/R9 380.

4 minutes ago, LiquidColor said:

if turning off DX10 doesn't work, just uncheck 64 bit mode in the launcher options (to use 32bit).

This removed the stuttering I had after trying turning off DX10+11/updating graphics drivers/changing graphics settings/optimizing cache, etc. No problems with FPS.

Seems to have solved the problem for me, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, DERebecca said:

Please not that updating all graphics drivers will help for those getting hiccups/hitches on PhysX.

After the update the game became unplayable for me with stuttering not only on missions but also in menus. Following the advice in this thread I verified and optimized cache from the launcher and disabled Dx10 - unfortunately, without success.

Updating my NVidia video card drivers to latest version 362.00 fixed any and all issues as far as I can tell. Running super smooth at 60fps again. Thanks Rebecca! =)

Edited by Ardenya_DGM
typos

what ho, OP linked the topic I opened a while back.

by the way I'm still having problems similar to what OP is describing now. Even after this update, getting mostly 20 fps in game, 40 at max, and it also seems stuttery.

Maybe Warframe isn't interacting with Windows 10 very well?

On toster laptop i5 GT640m. Setting low. 1024p, No AA

Generally stuff runs in 60fps if there is no enemies. With some enemies it drops to 50. If screen is full of enemies then drops to 40 or 3x.

It is rather playable. Game is preatier (gas clouds).

Other issues:

• door stuck in void happens much more often than before including falling into darkness
  • energy orbs sometimes levitate in air.

Edited by felixsylvaris

1 hour ago, DadidJones said:

Not just write on the forums read them too. try updating driver and turn off DX10

Doesn't help. Performance is worse with this update. Seems that it's more CPU-intensive now. Pretty much, there's a whole lot of stuttering. Thing is, if you alt-tab to another window, all the stuttering stops.

And I'm on a high-end laptop that ran this game perfectly pre-18.5

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Ever since the new update the game looks worse and runs worse I've tried with the settings and made it a little better but i cant play it anymore my game just stop sometimes in missions on the earth and definitely on the void and every where else.

1 hour ago, LiquidColor said:

I may have found another solution if turning off DX10 doesn't work, just uncheck 64 bit mode in the launcher options (to use 32bit).

My specs are FX 6300/R9 380.

Can confirm. 64bit is screwed up.

My FPS seem to have gotten up or atleast always closer to the refresh rate of the monitor (seems to be 56 hz), i haven't tested all the missions in the game, but pluto, derelyct, grineer ships, corpus ships seem to be in order and my fps hardly go down.

2 hours ago, Legionofone said:

this is basically me right now. And unfortunately the kronia relay crashes me every single time i enter

They fixed it. In the new hotfix one of the bug fixes was this performance issue for us low end users. The dark spots aren't nearly as dark now and don't kill our FPS.

My FPS dropped to 43 in the Void during a T3 Survival mission (I was running with an Ash and a Nyx, I was a Loki). Before the update I used to never drop under 80 FPS in the Void.

Running everything maxed (except for motion blur) on an I7 4790k-GTX 970.

None of these settings has work for me in this thread.

Before update 60fps constant on max settings.

log showing the crazy gpu usage variation.

also getting severe audio stutter now too which never used to happen, i use 5.1 surround if that helps

etfss9.jpg

i7-2680qm

Quadro K5000m (gtx 680m equiv for those who do not know)

8gb ram

Win 7 x64

Edited by Old.Gregg
adding image