Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus has taken a step back

Kukukatchoo

10 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Lotus has, in the past, shut down our every attempt to do something outside her realm of want. Specifically, within Archwing missions, should you attempt to leave the mission and explore space:
"Tenno, are you abandoning this battle? Return to your objective or I will have Ordis extract you."

For the Intro,
"For generations you've slept, no purpose, no call to wake you. But now, something has arisen from the ruins of the Old War."
The Operatives are put into sleep when the Lotus doesn't need them. There is no freedom for us.

During Natah:
"Teshin! You don't have the authority. You are endangering the Tenno."
The Lotus would never allow us to do anything we felt truly endangered us. Though, endangerment was required to protect herself and the rest of her Operatives.

The first one could be seen as endangering the mission. Especially in something like interception or exterminate where you are probably trying to not call any outside attention to the area the mission is taking place. She might see herself as the mother but she is still part mission control. 

The second, as harsh as it may be has some merit. Tenno were raised and trained for a specific type of job. With everyone liberated to do there own thing, having the Tenno out in about could have led to conflicts between them and regular civilians who felt wronged by the sudden change in status Quo. Tenno defending themselves generally doesn't go well for the attackers. Also keep in mind, Lotus at that time she was basically a new "mother". She should've tried taking care of attack kubrows before trying to care of attack children.

The Third, she didn't shut it down; she was upset with their course of action but she didn't do anything to stop it.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

2 hours ago, (PS4)Solomon__Grundy9 said:

The thing is that Lotus, in her love for the Tenno, tends to forget that the other people in the system matter too.

She allowed the Steel Meridian specifically because of their work and reputation in helping other people. She also gives alerts about abducted civilians.

Personally I believe she does cares for other people but it mostly because some Tenno care about those people. Her way of demonstrating this is in the type of people she allows onto relays. Tenno want knowledge, Suda/Samaris/Cordylon. Want a different outlook on what it is to be a Tenno, BOOM; Arbiters. 

I see her as a neutral figure whose existence revolves around the Tenno. She'll work with people good or bad as long as it helps the Tenno out.

1 hour ago, Kaisty said:

You do remember that had she not been sterile, we would all be dead. It is less of a "saved the Tenno because I care" and more of a "can't have kids, might as well adopt these living weapons." situation. She didn't do it for our sake, just to sate her greed for a "family".

That's irrelevant. Motherly instinct was what caused her to save the Tenno, not greed.

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

That's irrelevant. Motherly instinct was what caused her to save the Tenno, not greed.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That's not actually all that relevant. Loads of people adopt. Lots of those people do so because they can't have biological kids, and they want a family. Does that somehow render their adoption illegitimate? DO their kids feel less loved?

You sure about that? You make it seem like Natah would have still saved the Tenno even if she hadn't lost the ability to reproduce. We don't know how or what Natah did when she found Margulis' remains. If she did assimilate said remains, then I could understand her having a full on connection to the Tenno and wanting to make them "her children". But the whole "Went through void + Became barren = Betray mission and Adopt Tenno!" feels less motherly and more of a "Well I got their trust already, why waste a good weapon?"

And yes, plenty of people adopt even if they can or can't have children. The fact of the matter is how many would adopt something that would have killed the adopter outright had they not deceived it in the first place? Natah has to keep the "space mom" thing going because if she slipped up..... the Tenno might remember their original mission and finally get it right.

3 minutes ago, Kaisty said:

You sure about that? You make it seem like Natah would have still saved the Tenno even if she hadn't lost the ability to reproduce. We don't know how or what Natah did when she found Margulis' remains. If she did assimilate said remains, then I could understand her having a full on connection to the Tenno and wanting to make them "her children". But the whole "Went through void + Became barren = Betray mission and Adopt Tenno!" feels less motherly and more of a "Well I got their trust already, why waste a good weapon?"

And yes, plenty of people adopt even if they can or can't have children. The fact of the matter is how many would adopt something that would have killed the adopter outright had they not deceived it in the first place? Natah has to keep the "space mom" thing going because if she slipped up..... the Tenno might remember their original mission and finally get it right.

That's not what I said at all. I said that if she adopted the Tenno because she had lost the ability to reproduce by herself, then it doesn't matter. Returning to my comparison, if a person who cannot have biological children adopts because they want a family, should that adoption be considered somehow suspect? People adopt because they want a family. That is, like, the reason. The big reason. The main reason that people adopt is because they want a family.

What is the problem here, Kaisty. I don't see it.

Also, it's pretty clear that if the Lotus wanted to kill the Tenno, because she feared us, she could have. She probably couldn't do so after Second Dream, now that we're scattered all across the Solar System on stealth carriers, but while we were on the Moon she certainly could have killed us all. She didn't.

Seriously, what the hell. This just smacks, more and more, of people who start by disliking the Lotus and then go looking for reasons to justify it.

19 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Although chronologically Sands of Inaros released after The Second Dream, the two Quests have no relation. To a player that starts the game now, it seems likely they'll probably complete Inaros before 2nd Dream.

That is to say, Sands of Inaros is just a 'side quest' (Baro's side quest, specifically) while Second Dream is part of the 'main story'.

Players could also do Patient Zero and Shadow Debt before ever getting around to fighting Alad V for the first time.

14 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That's not what I said at all. I said that if she adopted the Tenno because she had lost the ability to reproduce by herself, then it doesn't matter. Returning to my comparison, if a person who cannot have biological children adopts because they want a family, should that adoption be considered somehow suspect? People adopt because they want a family. That is, like, the reason. The big reason. The main reason that people adopt is because they want a family.

What is the problem here, Kaisty. I don't see it.

Also, it's pretty clear that if the Lotus wanted to kill the Tenno, because she feared us, she could have. She probably couldn't do so after Second Dream, now that we're scattered all across the Solar System on stealth carriers, but while we were on the Moon she certainly could have killed us all. She didn't.

Seriously, what the hell. This just smacks, more and more, of people who start by disliking the Lotus and then go looking for reasons to justify it.

By the way they written the lines for the Tenno (every answer was along the lines of "I love you Lotus!"), Natah didn't have to worry about fearing us because she still had her "motherly" disguise up. Since the Tenno lost Margulis, she was able to slip in and make it seem like Margulis never left. After getting us to kill off the Orokin Elite, she could have finished the job and went home with her family. But then she realized as long as she plays "mom" she has living weapons she can control. So she offs her dad, does a bit of other things, then locks us away for a while till all we know is to "trust Lotus".

It basically feels like Natah is Mother Gothel and the Tenno (as a whole) are Rapunzel from Disney's Tangled. The major difference is that Natah has the "Mother knows best" thing down to the point when there was a probably chance in the story to go our own way in the world (The End of Second Dream would have been nice with a "Don't believe you, going solo. Ordis, cut comms please!"), we went back to the Tower with her as if she never did anything wrong.

9 minutes ago, Impul5 said:

Players could also do Patient Zero and Shadow Debt before ever getting around to fighting Alad V for the first time.

Not really. Patient Zero requires Eris to be unlocked.

Eris is unlocked by Uranus, is unlocked by Sedna, is unlocked by Jupiter. Which means you've done Alad V Assassination.

Shadow Debt is an event, and therefore exists outside the natural timeline. Because it's of its limited-time nature, it was made easily accessible so that everyone may have a chance at it.

49 minutes ago, Kaisty said:

That just goes to show how much she cares and loves the Tenno, that she would lie here and there to keep them alive, and not be terminated like a failed experiment. Just because you don't trust her doesn't mean she's evil-Sentient-double-agent-bastard mom

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

eriously, what the hell. This just smacks, more and more, of people who start by disliking the Lotus and then go looking for reasons to justify it.

Remember what you said last page?

9 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The more it goes on, the more it looks like people just want the Lotus to be the villain, and refuse to accept any other state of affairs.

This applies to that guy.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

I like her a**

COMPLETELY out of topic, but I got to point this out: 1428 posts and only 1 Thumbs up?

This thread got so discussion heavy... juicy.

3 hours ago, kilerskull said:

Hello, SPOILER!!!

I didn't even think about that :crylaugh: 

39 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Not really. Patient Zero requires Eris to be unlocked.

Nope! I completed Patient Zero months ago. I unlocked Eris last month. The Mutalist Alad V mission has its own node that is "on" Eris but it's not connected to any of the Eris nodes, so you can play it without having Eris unlocked.

10 hours ago, Kaisty said:

By the way they written the lines for the Tenno (every answer was along the lines of "I love you Lotus!"), Natah didn't have to worry about fearing us because she still had her "motherly" disguise up. Since the Tenno lost Margulis, she was able to slip in and make it seem like Margulis never left. After getting us to kill off the Orokin Elite, she could have finished the job and went home with her family. But then she realized as long as she plays "mom" she has living weapons she can control. So she offs her dad, does a bit of other things, then locks us away for a while till all we know is to "trust Lotus".

It basically feels like Natah is Mother Gothel and the Tenno (as a whole) are Rapunzel from Disney's Tangled. The major difference is that Natah has the "Mother knows best" thing down to the point when there was a probably chance in the story to go our own way in the world (The End of Second Dream would have been nice with a "Don't believe you, going solo. Ordis, cut comms please!"), we went back to the Tower with her as if she never did anything wrong.

That because you're failing to accept the story premise. Did you also yell at Lord of the Rings because Frodo and Sam didn't take a Great Eagle to Mount Doom?

Understand that when DE gives you limited options it's because this is the story they are telling, accept the story premise or you are going to be consistently and repeatedly annoyed by it.

3 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

That because you're failing to accept the story premise. Did you also yell at Lord of the Rings because Frodo and Sam didn't take a Great Eagle to Mount Doom?

Understand that when DE gives you limited options it's because this is the story they are telling, accept the story premise or you are going to be consistently and repeatedly annoyed by it.

Didn't yell at same and Frodo, but did wonder why the Elf didn't just kick the human king into the fires with the ring. He could have walked out and said that the guy slipped.

As for being annoyed by the story, I would be but with all the plot holes everywhere, it is hard to think when you keep falling into one after another.

she is commenting/telling always the same and i dont need more of this ^^)

i cant understand clearly the meaning at the new message at start of missions: you have done well, ... (would be motivating on the end of a mission) ^^)

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Kaisty said:

By the way they written the lines for the Tenno (every answer was along the lines of "I love you Lotus!"), Natah didn't have to worry about fearing us because she still had her "motherly" disguise up. Since the Tenno lost Margulis, she was able to slip in and make it seem like Margulis never left. 

The Tenno remember that Margulis was executed. It's the reason they cite for why the Orokin got what they deserved. The Tenno/Natah thing might have originally been a mutual interest thing, with her keeping the killing them thing secret (for obvious reasons). They wanted revenge and she had a program(Command? Precepts?) to execute. Then the sentient girl got attached, cue the love conquers all cliche; *boom* Lotus.

I don't think her look is so much a disguise, the Tenno already knew that Margulis was dead; maybe it is just a form they are comfortable with type of deal. 

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

On 7.3.2016 at 1:49 PM, Horaciozhao said:

Well, the game itself showed us how Sentients look like, Hunhow and his parts. Lotus is his daughter, hard to imagine how something like that will have a "daughter" in this shape. But ofc, we still don't know what Sentients actually are. If they reveal in the end they are human shape entities that can control technologies then well.....

My guess is Natah took the body of Margulis the same way Hunhow transferred himself into a sword. When she did that the love Margulis felt for the Tenno affected her as well. And it was then that she decided to hide the Tenno (instead of killing them) .

Edited by SilentCircle