The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara (mutalist cenros vs rakta cenros)?

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

looking for info and comparison of ivara using the new bow in comparison to rakta cenros , mainly for comparison data 

so damage vs DOT , aoe effect vs rakta syndicate effect , ect

im a console user so im trying to figure out mod selection for ivara builds with this bow and how it compares to rakta version, 

-thank you 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

17 answers to this question

I'll break few pros vs cons on using both. 

Pros of using Rakta:
Higher Dmg, crit build, faster draw rate, energy from blight, shiny metallic finish. Build synergies well with her 4 Bow.

Cons with Rakta:
Blight is uncontrollable, will fire off as it pleases, when it pleases. 

Pros of using Mutty: 
Cheaper forma wise for maximized effectiveness build, earlier MR unlock, guaranteed status proc on hit with correct build, toxin cloud AoE on hit.

Cons of Mutty: 
Doesn't synergize with Ivara Bow as well, Toxin AoE isn't terribly strong, longer draw time, lower DPS. 

In the end, the only real factor that might influence your decision is the blight effect and synergy with your 4. The decision between the two comes down to one simple factor; Status vs Crit. The Mutty Cernos isn't meant to compete with Rakta for DPS, it's meant to be a status bow, where as Rakta is a crit based weapon. On one hand, you may want the energy feeding ivara, and aiding in the ability to stomp enemies with her 4 shots. On the other, with 4 as a DPS option, having a status bow to offer some variety to such a bow heavy load out can be a nice change of pace. You don't grab a crit weapon for it's ability to proc, and you don't grab a status weapon for it to crit. In the end, both are viable, as they are two weapons filling two different functions. 

EDIT: Also, a factor to be aware of is Mutty has no innate punchthrough at full charge. 

Edited by SquireAngel
Added info

The Mutalist Cernos deals 25 less damage, takes longer to charge, has less critical change, but more status and takes a lot less MR to unlock. It also has that toxin cloud effect that strikes where ever the arrow lands and has a change of procing elemental damage types on it. Viral with this bow synergizes with Saryn quite well but that's not why you're here.

The Rakta Cernos I think is a better bow to use at this point for Ivara.

10 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

The Mutalist Cernos deals 25 less damage, takes longer to charge, has less critical change, but more status and takes a lot less MR to unlock. It also has that toxin cloud effect that strikes where ever the arrow lands and has a change of procing elemental damage types on it. Viral with this bow synergizes with Saryn quite well but that's not why you're here.

The Rakta Cernos I think is a better bow to use at this point for Ivara.

Plus, Blight effects:

When triggered, Blight will release an AoE radial attack around the player, dealing 1000 Viral b Viral damage and applying the Viral Status Effect to enemies in range. It will also restore 25% of the player's base Energy, and provide a (base) movement speed boost of +10% for 30 seconds. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

id do it myself but im a console user.

im not trying to judge wether either bow is better or worse

im trying to discern the bows potential with ivara and some useful insight into mechnics and ivara use

The wikia is a nice place for that :D

I'd say the Rakta Cernos. You can replenish energy through the Syndicate proc even while in Prowl and the crit build of R. Cernos is excellent for the Artemis Bow since it has good crit chance. Modding status chance (status build for M. Cernos btw) for Artemis Bow isn't so great 'cause the bow has a physical base damage.

Edited by NabiCho
just adding a little bit of info

If you are using it with Ivara, I would go for Rakta Cernos, simply because its a crit bow and crit damage is greatly enhanced by prowl headshots, its also worth mentioning that her ultimate scales very well with crit mods.

I tried the mutalist cernos briefly and the aoe was underwhelming imo

2 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

I'll break few pros vs cons on using both. 

Pros of using Rakta:
Higher Dmg, crit build, faster draw rate, energy from blight, shiny metallic finish. Build synergies well with her 4 Bow.

Cons with Rakta:
Blight is uncontrollable, will fire off as it pleases, when it pleases. 

Pros of using Mutty: 
Cheaper forma wise for maximized effectiveness build, earlier MR unlock, guaranteed status proc on hit with correct build, toxin cloud AoE on hit.

Cons of Mutty: 
Doesn't synergize with Ivara Bow as well, Toxin AoE isn't terribly strong, longer draw time, lower DPS. 

In the end, the only real factor that might influence your decision is the blight effect and synergy with your 4. The decision between the two comes down to one simple factor; Status vs Crit. The Mutty Cernos isn't meant to compete with Rakta for DPS, it's meant to be a status bow, where as Rakta is a crit based weapon. On one hand, you may want the energy feeding ivara, and aiding in the ability to stomp enemies with her 4 shots. On the other, with 4 as a DPS option, having a status bow to offer some variety to such a bow heavy load out can be a nice change of pace. You don't grab a crit weapon for it's ability to proc, and you don't grab a status weapon for it to crit. In the end, both are viable, as they are two weapons filling two different functions. 

thank you