The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We are too OP... OP is not fun.

Umbra-

I like starting at the bottom, slowly building up my power.. taking on stronger and stronger enemies, until the point where depite my insane power, im fighting enemies that are so damn strong that even they are hard(i.e. endgame content) Once in a while, what I'll do is strip ALL mods off of my warframe/weapon and go run some missions on Earth. It's surprisingly refreshing/fun.

ITT : People who don't understand the difference between powerful and OP

Really people, it's not an unreasonable request. You can be powerful while still having to pay attention to what you're doing. 

Mostly the only arguments I see against stuff like the OP are something along the lines of nerfs being evil, people not being OP at some arbitrary point, "don't like it don't use it"  mentality, Tenno required to be OP by definition or that the natural progression of the game in terms of power somehow justifies it. None of these are right,for several reasons. 

Somewhere through this thread, can't bother to find where, someone said that if the Juggernaut Behemoth was spawned instead of some puny butchers, the OP wouldn't call it OP. This somehow ignores the fact that bosses and minibosses are supposed to be more challenging than other enemies, and using the fact that you can't cut through a hundred standard enemies as fast as you can kill the enemy built to last significantly longer than the standard enemy really doesn't justify the fact that you can cut down a hundred enemies in about as much time as it would take you to walk. You do not build weapons for weapon resistant enemies, because it renders everything without the resistance obsolete. 

Then there's the natural progression of the game. Like all of these criticisms, they have the right ideas but draw the wrong conclusion. Of course your power level will increase as the game progresses. It's why you play. However, the content you play also rises in difficulty to match with you. Not so in Warframe. By the time you hit midgame or so you're already looking at the 40 standard minutes of survival as 30 minutes of abject boredom and 10 minutes of actual play. Your weapons do literally scores of times more damage than they naturally have, your abilities are near limitless, and the only thing that holds challenge anymore is the artificial kind. This is not the kind of gameplay anyone wants, but it's the kind this obscene amount of power encourages. 

Which brings me to,  of course, the arbitrary point. The point where the massive power of the  weapon is suddenly required to do any damage whatsoever because the enemy level is too high. Some say it's 85, 120, 180, 200.  Wherever you put it. What happens before the point? What levels do these enemies usually start at, and how long do they take to progress? Usually the answer is somewhere around the better part of an hour. Is that the kind of gameplay you want? You have to play for an hour before you actually get challenged significantly? Odds are, no. You shouldn't have to play for an hour to start having fun. You should be having fun for an hour. This is not possible with our current power levels. 

Finally, we have the "don't like it don't use it" route, which OP is forced to go down to have an actually good chance of fun. Just nerf yourself, right? Everyone gets to have fun that way! Except that only works in solo, because you're the only one doing it, and everyone else still has their insane amounts of power. So you end up doing less than everyone, which eventually tapers to nothing as enemy health exceeds your threshold while everyone else has absolutely no trouble. Even then, what about all the work that was put into those mods? Those weapons? Those frames? You literally have to ignore your progression if you want to have fun. That doesn't sound like team play to me. As for playing solo, why should someone be forced to play by themselves to have fun? Why must a public game conform to your standard? Why must everyone cater to your desire to see big numbers pop up on the screen? Is completing the mission more important than having fun with the game? 

Play sorties?

Challenge isn't from enemies with huge hp and armor pool called bullet sponges.

It comes from things like conditions such as energy reduction, sniper only, radiation hazard, melee only, bla bla bla .etc.

You actually have to adapt. Not just press and press your mouse or whatever and then look at the damage you deal with your maxed out mods and weapons and frames which you don't always get to utilise fully in sorties due to the conditions.

My challenge for you:

1) Clear a level 3 sortie with Excalibur on a sniper only criteria but using only Exalted Blade, Radial Blind and Slash Dash.

2) Clear a level 3 sortie with energy reduction using only Exalted Blade.

3) Clear a radiation hazard sortie with Ash.

4) Clear a level 2 or 3 Eximus Stronghold sortie with Excalibur or Wukong, with only Exalted Blade and Primal Fury.

5) Clear an Eximus Stronghold or Energy Reduction sortie with a frame that is energy dependent.

6) Clear a non-melee only sortie with either Excalibur, Wukong or Valkyr.

7) Clear a sniper only sortie without using abilities.

Give these a try. You don't have to but do give them a spin.

44 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

My challenge for you:

1) Clear a level 3 sortie with Excalibur on a sniper only criteria but using only Exalted Blade, Radial Blind and Slash Dash.

2) Clear a level 3 sortie with energy reduction using only Exalted Blade.

3) Clear a radiation hazard sortie with Ash.

4) Clear a level 2 or 3 Eximus Stronghold sortie with Excalibur or Wukong, with only Exalted Blade and Primal Fury.

5) Clear an Eximus Stronghold or Energy Reduction sortie with a frame that is energy dependent.

6) Clear a non-melee only sortie with either Excalibur, Wukong or Valkyr.

7) Clear a sniper only sortie without using abilities.

Give these a try. You don't have to but do give them a spin.

1) Gonna try.

2) Done. A grineer defense, not a breeze tho.

3) Done. 

4) Done. Excal

5) Isn't this 4? Done.

6) Done.

7) Gonna try.

7 is going to be hard, 1 seems easy tho.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

So basically we got 3 factions on this:

1. OP: Ppl who think the game is unbalanced and feel like it's killing the fun.

2. Ppl who think the game is unbalanced but feel it's fun excactly BECAUSE of that.

3. Ppl who disagree on the game being unbalanced, referring to enemy lvls occuring after hours of play in endless missions... which really is admitting we are OP again, because we shouldn't have to wait for hours for a challenge and devs officially stated they don't balance around those circumstances. Sorties and raids are our official endgame for the moment and extremly easy to cheese through.

Bottom line: In one way or another everyone agrees the game is basically a power creeping mess. Alas, judging from upvotes in this thread that seems to be a selling point, so we will go further and further down the player-OP/enemies-OP spiral. Guess it's time to just make peace with that fact. The devs obviously feel they have to appease, if this was their vision from the beginning is another story...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Since you're whining about our OPness, please do not be the FIRST one to whine here about enemies being too OP when DE buffs them.

EDIT: And if you don't want to be OP or want to challenge yourself. Remove your mods. :D

Edited by --Q--XFA
forgot to say it

23 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Hey, here's a question: how are warframe powers too op o.o but syndicate weapons aren't? I have never seen a nerf thread about syndicate weapons. Why do people feel it is justified to walk around killing stuff in aoe discharges just for gaining xp, but I can't use my abilities to kill things, because that makes the game not fun? 

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

When doing higher tier missions, the syndicate weapons barely scratch the enemy

Edit 1: I mean i was talking about sorties, and that is instant, and it takes affinity to charge it up, so if you bring it to mars or something it would take ages to charge it.

Edited by Ankoku_no_Hime

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

they ain't effective in sorties. not really OP now are they? :p

Well, people say they suck, but are they on the map they are supposed to be on? When you say they aren't effective in sorties is it because you are saying all discharges should work in all maps against all enemies? Because, uhm, well I would have to break down elemental damage and then explain how enemy weaknesses/ resistances affect the damage out put of said element...because a lot of elements suck against a lot of different enemy types. I do just fine on sorties if I bring the right element (syndicate) for the job with that aoe effect. Same argument if I bring the right Warframe for the job. Doesn't make it op, that's just the job it's good at.

17 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Just nerf yourself, right? Everyone gets to have fun that way! Except that only works in solo, because you're the only one doing it, and everyone else still has their insane amounts of power. So you end up doing less than everyone, which eventually tapers to nothing as enemy health exceeds your threshold while everyone else has absolutely no trouble. Even then, what about all the work that was put into those mods? Those weapons? Those frames? You literally have to ignore your progression if you want to have fun. That doesn't sound like team play to me. As for playing solo, why should someone be forced to play by themselves to have fun? Why must a public game conform to your standard? Why must everyone cater to your desire to see big numbers pop up on the screen? Is completing the mission more important than having fun with the game? 

Look at it like this. You asked why everyone one must cater to our desire to see big numbers pop up on the screen. But why must everyone cater to your need to feel challenged and your universal nerf mentality? You make it seem like no one is having fun killing mobs. People keep saying they enjoy being op, but your mindset seems to be that they are a minority of people and should be ignored, that or you really think no one enjoys warframe the way it is. Why must a public game conform to your standard? Why must we all struggle against enemies instead of just playing how we want? How about starting up a clan of people who only use unranked gear and weapons, and you guys all run missions together.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Look at it like this. You asked why everyone one must cater to our desire to see big numbers pop up on the screen. But why must everyone cater to your need to feel challenged and your universal nerf mentality? 

Probably because that is the entire point of the game?  More people get to play in more ways, content no longer becomes increasingly obsolete with every addition, enemies are no longer forced to cheese to provide any challenge, and all the things the devs have repeatedly told us they want us to be doing, such as running, jumping, smashing and generally pounding our way through hordes of enemies instead of a press 4 to loot pickup simulator. Meanwhile, bug numbers gets us huge swathes of useless content, a clear meta, prevents some from actually playing, trivializes enemies and kills any kind of build diversity. It isn't really a comparison. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

? You make it seem like no one is having fun killing mobs. People keep saying they enjoy being op, but your mindset seems to be that they are a minority of people and should be ignored, that or you really think no one enjoys warframe the way it is. 

One person is having fun killing mobs. The other 3 people don't have any mobs to kill, or they have mobs that provide no more value to kill than cardboard cutouts. 

People enjoy being OP, yet they do not enjoy everything that comes with it. You can't have both OP weapons and build diversity. You can't have both OP frames and meaningful enemies. You can't kill thousands of enemies at a time and have a drop rate that caters to less. You can't have infinite CC and expect a raid to not cater to that. If not being OP means that all of these things are mitigated or removed, I don't particularly care if you have fun or not being OP. 

Why must a public game conform to your standard? Why must we all struggle against enemies instead of just playing how we want? How about starting up a clan of people who only use unranked gear and weapons, and you guys all run missions together.

I want meaningful gameplay, you want a power fantasy. There is no way we can both get what we want. The difference is if you play by yourself you can still have your power fantasy, whereas if you play in public you destroy not only everyone else's meaningful gameplay, but also other people's power fantasies because they have nothing to kill. Which one of these allows more people to play the way they would like? 

1 minute ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Probably because that is the entire point of the game?  More people get to play in more ways, content no longer becomes increasingly obsolete with every addition, enemies are no longer forced to cheese to provide any challenge, and all the things the devs have repeatedly told us they want us to be doing, such as running, jumping, smashing and generally pounding our way through hordes of enemies instead of a press 4 to loot pickup simulator. Meanwhile, bug numbers gets us huge swathes of useless content, a clear meta, prevents some from actually playing, trivializes enemies and kills any kind of build diversity. It isn't really a comparison. 

One person is having fun killing mobs. The other 3 people don't have any mobs to kill, or they have mobs that provide no more value to kill than cardboard cutouts. 

People enjoy being OP, yet they do not enjoy everything that comes with it. You can't have both OP weapons and build diversity. You can't have both OP frames and meaningful enemies. You can't kill thousands of enemies at a time and have a drop rate that caters to less. You can't have infinite CC and expect a raid to not cater to that. If not being OP means that all of these things are mitigated or removed, I don't particularly care if you have fun or not being OP. 

I want meaningful gameplay, you want a power fantasy. There is no way we can both get what we want. The difference is if you play by yourself you can still have your power fantasy, whereas if you play in public you destroy not only everyone else's meaningful gameplay, but also other people's power fantasies because they have nothing to kill. Which one of these allows more people to play the way they would like? 

A lot of people feel nerfs are evil, because when people argue for nerfs, it's almost as if they like cheesy enemies, but still want us to be weaker. There is no way I could still have my power fantasy while playing solo if I am weaker than everything on the map, none. But you can nerf your self. Playing solo under your changes would mean I would have an even worse time...and saying that I am taking away from other people's enjoyment...what I am imagining when I hear this is if I went into an exterminate and killed everything faster than everybody else. But why would I ever run an exterminate??? I don't run non endless missions. Here is my personal plight: a long long time ago, 2 People started a clan. Me and a friend. That clan grew to hold many new members. That friend thought it was necessary to grow the clan up to mountain status before we even had 30 people, and did not know that the clan could not be downsized, although now it can be (i don't blame them, we were noobs// also, our clan became slightly, extremely inactive, but I didn't want to just quit). For almost 2 years, I have put in work✋ and completed all of our research as fast as possible(but they keep increasing the grind walls ;_; ), by murdering and maiming hundreds of thousands of enemies. Nekros is probably really close to having all of my play time. This is a very situational example, but here: why I support being super op, is because of all the other horrible in game mechanics de has added to this game, us being over powered is the absolute last thing that I would ever pay attention to, there is so much more that needs to be fixed. We didn't quit and just make a new clan, we just dealt with it. And if they nerf us in terms of power, but leave everything else that is wrong with the game in, the only option will be to deal with it, or leave. Its not fun when I can't even accomplish anything and I'm failing missions because I was struggling from the very beginning. Warframe is extremely grindy. Get rid of grind, get rid of cheese and lower enemy and warframe capabilities of you need to, all at once, not one at a time, and definitely don't start by nerfing us first.

I want meaningful gameplay too...not just a power fantasy, wether or not our ideals of meaningful gameplay align doesn't really matter though TheBrsrkr, because at the end of the day, it's a part of the game that helps to over come other broken aspects. And if you were to say that we are too strong and need to be brought down a few notches without acknowledging that that in itself (us being op) is a way to overcome the grind, that would be like me not aknowledging that cheesey enemies are being introduced because we are op.

A lot of people feel nerfs are evil, because when people argue for nerfs, it's almost as if they like cheesy enemies, but still want us to be weaker. 

I don't care what people "feel"  about nerfs, the same way I don't care that Buckley's tastes like distilled garbage juice when a kid gets sick. It's for your own good. Suck it up now, and it'll be better later. Yes, I know it doesn't taste like cherry. What do you want me to do about that? 

There is no way I could still have my power fantasy while playing solo if I am weaker than everything on the map, none. 

Objectively false. Perhaps enemies spawn less, yes, but the premise of press 4 everything dies is even more effective because of that. As for being weaker than everything else....... What? What exactly do you think nerfing does? You think everything would suddenly become useless because it was nerfed? If you do 3000 damage as opposed to 15000 when an enemy has 400 health, how exactly does that affect the power fantasy? Everything still ends up dead. But more weapons can hit that number,abd more enemies have a chance to respond in appropriate ways rather than cheese. 

But you can nerf your self. Playing solo under your changes would mean I would have an even worse time...and saying that I am taking away from other people's enjoyment...what I am imagining when I hear this is if I went into an exterminate and killed everything faster than everybody else. But why would I ever run an exterminate??? I don't run non endless missions.

Ignoring a problem is not a solution. Forcing me out of public games if I actually want to play the game is not fair to me, is it? Forcing me to ignore the progression I earned just as you did is not fair to me, is it? Forcing me to play under my highest potential to enjoy the same game as you is not fair to me, is it? Meanwhile, you can happily run around spamming your Synoid Simulor or whatever and kill everything before anyone else gets to play. This is not proper gameplay, and I don't care if you enjoy taking away other people's ability to play to fuel your own. And that is exactly what you're doing, whether you'd like to admit it or not. 

This is a very situational example, but here: why I support being super op, is because of all the other horrible in game mechanics de has added to this game, us being over powered is the absolute last thing that I would ever pay attention to, there is so much more that needs to be fixed. We didn't quit and just make a new clan, we just dealt with it. And if they nerf us in terms of power, but leave everything else that is wrong with the game in, the only option will be to deal with it, or leave. Its not fun when I can't even accomplish anything and I'm failing missions because I was struggling from the very beginning. 

You somehow think this came about overnight? You're new here, so I don't blame you for not knowing, but it wasn't always like this. There was a time, before Corrupted Bombards, Nullifiers and the Ancient buffs existed. When Mesa was a literal auto turret. When there wasn't an AFK timer. When excavation spawns were infinite. Before cheese. You think it was good then? You think there were no problems? You know what happened? CHEESE. You did nothing, literally nothing, for up to 40 minutes with the right buffers. I'm not being hyperbolic here, you literally did nothing but stand in one spot or run around aimlessly while everyone else fed the Mesa. Or Saryn. Or Excalibur. When Pilfering Swarm had 4 times the loot rolls, who do you think did all the killing? You would be lambasted for actually killing something because Hydroid was the only one allowed to kill. People had, and still have hundreds, some even thousands of T4 keys because of rep farming. People had, still have and still can get hundreds of the rarest resources in under a day. The system was and still is widely abused and exploited to the fullest extent it can be. Everything that has happened so far,,and will continue to happen, is a direct and ongoing result of this. If you want to keep your hard,  unnecessary, obscene amounts of power, expect hard, unnecessary and obscene amounts of cheese. The drop rate fell because you can kill thousands in half an hour. Nullifiers among other things  aren't affected by your powers because your powers are always on. Enemies are walking bullet sponges because walking bullet sponges are the only thing that can survive walking bullet dispensers. Timed resources are needed because all other resources are ALWAYS there. And the more I see people  complain for the future they themselves asked for, the more tiresome and irking the arguments become. You ask for less enemy armor when enemy armor is completely useless for about an hour of play. You ask for less grind when you have hundreds, thousands or even millions of every resource.  You ask for less cheesy tactics from enemies when you can literally press 4 and blind an entire roomand then some, toggle on abilities that never need to be taken off, slow down every enemy and make them explode and take more damage, make them fight each other, permanently take away their guns or fire a beam that cuts through everything for 40 meters, and 4 of these can be active at the same time. I find it difficult to care about other issues when the original issue is still being endorsed by the playerbase. 

I want meaningful gameplay too...not just a power fantasy, 

This directly contradicts the end of your first post. You cannot have both a power fantasy and meaningful gameplay, because a power fantasy excludes or trivializes challenge, which is an integral part of meaningful gameplay. 

, wether or not our ideals of meaningful gameplay align doesn't really matter though TheBrsrkr, because at the end of the day, it's a part of the game that helps to over come other broken aspects. 

The aspects it caused in the first place by running rampant? Like I said, I feel no sympathy for the current situation, because we had our chance to fix it, and we spent it breaking it more. 

. And if you were to say that we are too strong and need to be brought down a few notches without acknowledging that that in itself (us being op) is a way to overcome the grind, that would be like me not aknowledging that cheesey enemies are being introduced because we are op.

The grind was built to suit. You reap what you sow. 

Edited by TheBrsrkr

5 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Ignoring a problem is not a solution

This TheBrskr, this is it, even if I don't agree with anything else you have said, this is where we all see eye to eye. I am new to the forums, because I finally realised I had had enough with how the game was going and wanted to see if I could help make a difference in this game with my voice, but I am not new to the game. I think started just before eximi became a thing, around may 2013 so I have been along for the roller coaster ride that is warframe, if I am still a noob, than my apologies, I'll go sit down. Nerfing the tenno, our weapons and powers will not solve the other issues or make them go away. Why are enemies allowed to do things to us that we can't do to them? Snow globe suffers to Aoe damage, but arctic eximi don't have to worry about ours? Ember could only create a small pitiful ring of fire around her feet, but an arson eximus could and can destroy a whole map? This made a lot of players feel extremely weak, and ask for buffs. I think the introduction of eximus enemies is what started all of this power creep. I don't know if they were added because at that time we were too powerful, or if it seemed like a good design idea, but the main point is, don't ignore the broken game mechanics and terrible enemy designs and just focus on us needing to be nerfed because we trivialize gameplay. It all needs to be broken down and fixed, but de either can't or won't (and a lot of people are afraid they will mess it up) and so it is easier to stay the same than to dive off the deep end into something worse. I think nerfs are exactly what other people have stated. Us running around with stones and sticks going up against sentient level grunt enemies, that's on a bad day. I understand the concept of nerfing, but disagree with the ideas of implementation.

Okay...this post...I can't even

14 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I don't care what people "feel"  about nerfs, the same way I don't care that Buckley's tastes like distilled garbage juice when a kid gets sick. It's for your own good. Suck it up now, and it'll be better later. Yes, I know it doesn't taste like cherry. What do you want me to do about that? 

So you are saying you don't care about how people feel about nerfs, okay, that's fine...but wait there's more:

Basically, when I read this part, it looked more like this "I don't care about anyone's opinions besides mine, the only thing that counts is things getting nerfed, F*** everyone elses fun, nerf everything!"

So basically, you just flipped everyone off who doesn't agree with you which looks like the majority of the people who posted in this thread, that's probably a good way to get people to join your cause, except not.

"Suck it up now, and it'll be better later." we could say the exact same to you, suck up the fact that we ARE powerful beings with powerful weapons, it'll be better later when we get things like sentient eximi and whatnot, looking at the direction this game is taking at the moment, which is not necessarily a bad thing even though it's ridiculous at times.

"I feel no sympathy for the current situation,"

Then don't expect anyone to feel sympathy for you either.

"because we had our chance to fix it, and we spent it breaking it more."

Lolwat, "we had our chance to fix it", WE players were not supposed to fix anything, we were supposed to simply play and enjoy the game, you know...it's a thing players do, the devs are supposed to fix things, not us. Don't put a burden on us which is also absolute garbage in the first place.

"The grind was built to suit. You reap what you sow."

And again, you make us players look like the badguys, it's not us who put these powerful tools of destruction in the game, it was DE, we simply used them. And don't act too inocent either because I am pretty sure you also run around with weapons and frames which go against your "ideals" even now.

Basically, you played through the whole game until you reached the point of cheese, and instead of doing it like a lot of players have suggested, gimping yourself, you prefer to complain on the forums instead how the game should be completely nerfed to suit YOUR taste instead of actually finding a way to make the game fun for yourself. Games are made to be fun to those who play it, if you prefer to force your own wishes and tastes upon others, I believe that games simply aren't for you. Maybe politics or something suits you better.

You know what I think? I think that you are simply too bored and have nothing better to do.

25 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Okay...this post...I can't even

So you are saying you don't care about how people feel about nerfs, okay, that's fine...but wait there's more:

Basically, when I read this part, it looked more like this "I don't care about anyone's opinions besides mine, the only thing that counts is things getting nerfed, F*** everyone elses fun, nerf everything!"

So basically, you just flipped everyone off who doesn't agree with you which looks like the majority of the people who posted in this thread, that's probably a good way to get people to join your cause, except not.

"Suck it up now, and it'll be better later." we could say the exact same to you, suck up the fact that we ARE powerful beings with powerful weapons, it'll be better later when we get things like sentient eximi and whatnot, looking at the direction this game is taking at the moment, which is not necessarily a bad thing even though it's ridiculous at times.

"I feel no sympathy for the current situation,"

Then don't expect anyone to feel sympathy for you either.

"because we had our chance to fix it, and we spent it breaking it more."

Lolwat, "we had our chance to fix it", WE players were not supposed to fix anything, we were supposed to simply play and enjoy the game, you know...it's a thing players do, the devs are supposed to fix things, not us. Don't put a burden on us which is also absolute garbage in the first place.

"The grind was built to suit. You reap what you sow."

And again, you make us players look like the badguys, it's not us who put these powerful tools of destruction in the game, it was DE, we simply used them. And don't act too inocent either because I am pretty sure you also run around with weapons and frames which go against your "ideals" even now.

Basically, you played through the whole game until you reached the point of cheese, and instead of doing it like a lot of players have suggested, gimping yourself, you prefer to complain on the forums instead how the game should be completely nerfed to suit YOUR taste instead of actually finding a way to make the game fun for yourself. Games are made to be fun to those who play it, if you prefer to force your own wishes and tastes upon others, I believe that games simply aren't for you. Maybe politics or something suits you better.

You know what I think? I think that you are simply too bored and have nothing better to do.

You can spot a hypocrite when they use "it's your opinion, not everyone else" as an argument in the forums. As if forums are not made to gather everybody's opinion in the first place anyway and frankly the "it's your opinion, not everyone else" can be used to back fire the speaker too since it's used as an efford to shut down one's opinion because everyone else's opinion is superior to his.

The "Your opinion is not superior to everybody else's opinion" argument should in fact be a bannable offense.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

You aren't OP, you just play content to low for your power level. It's really that simple. Part of the fault lies with DE not having enough end game content.

Most games, when new content comes out, it's only available to max level players, and the new content is tuned for that type of player.

However, when DE releases new content, they generally make it available to all players both low level and high level (possibly to maximize the amount of money the content could generate from players) and so the content tends to be very weak and it's no challenge to senior players.

So this really boils down to DE's philosophy of who should be able to access and play new content. My opinion is that all new content should be tuned and released for senior players only, and lower level players should have to work their way up the rest of the older content before they can play it. This is how most other games do it.