The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for a new player?

(XBOX)draycole

Question

9 answers to this question

The only real tips I have for beginers :

- NEVER sell a weapon / warframe / gear that isn't level 30 yet

- Keep your orokin reactor / catalyst for weapons you REALLY like (and that are worth it after testing), because these things are rare (unless if you have tons of plats)

- (in survival) NEVER use life support unless if you're low on oxygen (like < 40-30%)

- For long defense mission, try to bring a frost or limbo with you

- Don't afk or you won't get reward

- Don't share your account (it's a banneable reason)

- Don't try trial without searching "how to do it" before (on youtube or wiki)

- Don't try sorties mission unless if you can handle level 90-100 enemies or if you're with friends. Otherwise people will just rage on you.

Be stingy with platinum. Only use it for things you can't get otherwise via missions or trading (weapon/warframe slots particularly).

Also, I like to recommend the video guides by Tactical Potato puts out for "I'm New, What's Next?"

Welcome, Tenno. Happy gaming!

Experiment and figure out what playstyles work for you. As mentioned above is Tactical Potato's video series that he did focused at newer players to help them out. Try and finish the starchart as well (may want to skip some parts of Earth until you have decent gear, but the rest of the planet onward should be lower level stuff to help get you through the game.)

Edited by Homer87

honestly, if youre new to the game the best thing to do is what seems like it will be the most fun. You're going to want to try to acquire new frames to try out. The best way to start out in this game is open up the planetary nodes to make the acquisition of new warframes a bit easier.

Starting out the game has an overly complex modding system but once you figure that out you're golden.  IF you dont already have them, there are several "core" mods you need to acquire. they are essentially the bread and butter of every warframe/weapon build. youll need mods called: Flow, Serration, Hornet Strike, Continuity, Stream line, pressure point, stretch, reach, Intensify, redirection, steel fiber and vitality.

Ive probably missed a few but youll probably acquire them trying to get the others. I think the game starts you off with some "damaged" variants now (three years ago you got nothing at start lol) and you will NEED the normal mods.

The game is so vast that after you open up the planetary nodes this game could very well be the only thing you play for a year.

Edit: so you might start off with platinum as well. DONT SPEND IT ON STUFF. the first small allowance of platinum you get should be used on weapon and warframe slots. Warframe and weapon slots are the only driving force that will make you consider buying platinum. the game is free but these are limited because the game isnt free for the developers.

There are ways to double the mod capacity or weapons and warframes. These items have been known by the community as potatoes for years now; actually called Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyst. The yellow one is for warframes/pets and the blue is for weapons. These are gotten via alerts/platinum. 

I remember forma was known as marshmallows for a short time. I guess it wasnt a good nickname considering it was longer lol.

If you have any questions about anything always ask on the forums. you gain nothing from not asking and this forum community is one of the most friendly you'll find.  Warframe wiki is a good resource but only use it to gain information as to how something works and not for builds/advice. Half the fun in this game is creating a build and putting it to the grind stone to see how/where you can improve it.

Edited by Zhoyzu

11 hours ago, Trichouette said:

The only real tips I have for beginers :

- NEVER sell a weapon / warframe / gear that isn't level 30 yet

- Keep your orokin reactor / catalyst for weapons you REALLY like (and that are worth it after testing), because these things are rare (unless if you have tons of plats)

- (in survival) NEVER use life support unless if you're low on oxygen (like < 40-30%)

- For long defense mission, try to bring a frost or limbo with you

- Don't afk or you won't get reward

- Don't share your account (it's a banneable reason)

- Don't try trial without searching "how to do it" before (on youtube or wiki)

- Don't try sorties mission unless if you can handle level 90-100 enemies or if you're with friends. Otherwise people will just rage on you.

about the reactors and catalysts i got to many of them because of the devstreams xD

both in total are 24 12 reactors and 12 catalysts xD

Edited by jopos15

19 minutes ago, jopos15 said:

about the reactors and catalysts i got to many of them because of the devstreams xD

both in total are 24 12 reactors and 12 catalysts xD

Yeah me too but he's a new player so... He better keep them for worthy gears.