The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more R5 cores in Excavation?

JohnViande

Question

Hi there,

My Hieracon runs have been, let's say, unusually bad today. I did not see one single R5 core pack in more than 100 rotation A excavators (I stopped counting after that).

I'm not usually questioning the existence of certain loots when I'm having bad RNG moments, but... 100? With a 25% chance of getting them? That sounds pretty wrong to me.

So, have I missed an entry in the latest changelog or something? Did they break something loot-related when they fixed the Tactical alert loot tables yesterday?

25 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, JohnViande said:

Hi there,

My Hieracon runs have been, let's say, unusually bad today. I did not see one single R5 core pack in more than 100 rotation A excavators (I stopped counting after that).

I'm not usually questioning the existence of certain loots when I'm having bad RNG moments, but... 100? With a 25% chance of getting them? That sounds pretty wrong to me.

So, have I missed an entry in the latest changelog or something? Did they break something loot-related when they fixed the Tactical alert loot tables yesterday?

I dont know but im starting to get the feeling gold cores are gonna be more precious to obtain as we get more updates. 

Excavs have been merciless lately. No explaining it really, I imagine if the drop tables were nerfed, data miners would of let us know by now. But yeah, doesn't matter where or how long, cores have been elusive. It just hurts right after they nerfed power cells.

2 minutes ago, Medereyes said:

The drop rates of fusion cores have definitely been decreased, but not to 0%. I believe a recent dev stream mentioned that DE wants to shift players who want to farm cores toward sorties. Hope you enjoy sorties.

This trend DE is currently on, of taking options away and forcing us to play how and where THEY want us to play, needs to stop. Pigeonholing players and removing their freedom is a very quick way to lose them. I love this game, but this... this is not good.

17 minutes ago, Medereyes said:

The drop rates of fusion cores have definitely been decreased, but not to 0%. I believe a recent dev stream mentioned that DE wants to shift players who want to farm cores toward sorties. Hope you enjoy sorties.

25 R5 cores for each duplicated reward is nice, but still unfarmable. You can only get such a reward at most once per day and not even everyday. That 30-60min it takes to complete all 3 sortie missions is better spent on dedicated excavation core farm.

R5 core rewards in excavation seem to have dropped over time. Nowadays im looking at 5-10 cores average per 1000 cryotic. It used to be double this amount.

1 hour ago, yiLuxiON said:

im looking at 5-10 cores average per 1000 cryotic. It used to be double this amount.

^ this just got real!

and max prime mods just up their prices from 500p to 700p and if this continues they will up even more .. gg for vendors :) yay!

6 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

This trend DE is currently on, of taking options away and forcing us to play how and where THEY want us to play, needs to stop. Pigeonholing players and removing their freedom is a very quick way to lose them. I love this game, but this... this is not good.

I get your point, but I think it´s the opposite. By reducing the rates of cores in excavation DE is increasing your option for corefarming. Excavation was the fastest way to farm cores by miles and now it´s more en par with Survival and interception.

But DE should put the 2/3/4 r5corepcks from the Void in the starchart too. Playing a mission with starting level 19 and not 20 and only getting 1 single core is not amusing.

11 hours ago, armlesspotato said:

DE Mentioned they are implementing a way to turn junk mods into fusion cores

Right but something tells me that its gonna be more complicated than we think. Besides if we have to transmute more than 1 mod to make it a fusion core. Probably won't even be worth it. Yes we have junk mods. But something tells me they gonna make it so it won't be entirely easy to get 50+ cores from junk mods.

TA seems to be the only place to get 5 R5 cores now :( I can't do sorties cus I don't have the mods or R5 cores to rank up those R10 mods...

IDK why they are nerfing these drops cus it seems you need thousands of R5 cores to rank up all the mods in the game.

6 hours ago, Xc0oL said:

You need R5 cores...

Jump to sorties , you will get them

session 5 , played everyday , soo far 8 " R5 core packs"

guess i wont get that sheeva blade.. :(

Don't worry, I'm doing the sorties every day. I'm getting the R5 packs quite often and I'm happy about it, but dude, that's just not enough. I've been playing for more than a year and I've so far only managed to get 2 primed mods to level 10 (of course the essential non-primed mods are all 10). The amount that we need for everything is just unrealistic.

10 hours ago, (PS4)OppneusKorsuss said:

So, any hard evidence of this "nerf", or are we just pulling things out of our asses?

For now, I think it's just straight out of our asses, but if almost everyone here has noticed a "nerf", there may be something going on. Honestly, when I opened this thread I was expecting people coming to say "bad RNG bro, I just got 35 cores in a 2500 cryo run", but reading the answers creeps me out.

At least they could've told us the tables were being changed, I wouldn't have wasted 8-9hours of farming for 0 core. Did they really think nobody would notice? Not telling would just be plain stupid, I'm still hoping I've been having the worst RNG and R5 cores still have a 25% loot chance in Excavation rotation A...

Edited by JohnViande

Go do Phobos - Zeugma, it's always yielded far more cores then hieracon ever has. No idea why people flock to Hieracon still unless they really want the keys too. Zeugma will give you less T4 keys but you'll be rolling in cores.

My average 2k run nets around 15. I've gotten 45 at 2k before. Hieracon has never been even close to that for me on average, but i do get more t4 keys.