Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Sentinels

-NEO-Roguelike

48 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Yes because we can just as easily pick it up ourselves. It takes the same amount of time.

Carrier makes it much more efficient.  Carrier also makes it possible to collect Loot drops that you wouldn't be able to pick up otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It's not that large of an area, and you know, you can move.  And it serves no purpose at much higher levels because it dies to AOE too much. My 6K HP kubrow that can CC heavy enemies and instantly heal anytime I melee something is far more useful.

It is a massive area that can be extended by pointing your camera in any given direction.  My Carrier Prime (running all my maxed Sentinel mods) doesn't die unless it gets focus fired while I'm bleeding out, and the purpose it serves is providing me with the ammo and energy drops on the ground without me being forced to go out of my way, and open myself to danger, in order to pick them up.

Again, I am not debating that doing things without Carrier is possible.  It is completely possible.  But that doesn't negate that Carrier is one of, and arguably, the best companions in the game in terms of what it does for you.  Even if you don't run it you should be able to admit there is a reason so many other people do.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

2 minutes ago, texrei said:

You have a strong impression after using carrier that it cannot be replaced with something else. Until you try. Now my main partner is my Huras

That's true and even if I tried all other sentinels & Kubrows my mr 21 Character still always running with Carrier Vacuum I love you really :)

5 minutes ago, texrei said:

You have a strong impression after using carrier that it cannot be replaced with something else. Until you try. Now my main partner is my Huras

I would actually recommend a Huras to a new player over Carrier.

My Huras was invaluable to me when trying to conplete the starchart solo as a new player.  It was FAR more useful than carrier, even though I did love my carrier at the time.

The main difference was that I was easily able to compensate for vacuum, while being made invisible during a solo interception was much more helpful. Huras is one of the best defensive tools in the game.

It works so well that I thought it was broken and soon to be nerfed. I was surprised that Huras wasnt a favorite on the forum. Im glad though because it most definitely would have been nerfed if it caught on.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

My Huras was invaluable to me when trying to conplete the starchart solo as a new player.  It was FAR more useful than carrier,

Not sure about that. As a new player you need all the resources and mods you can get and Carrier makes it a lot less likely that you miss out on stuff by not picking it up.

Wouldn't it be cool though if in addition to their current automated functionalities, we were actually able to take control of them in missions and use them to scout ahead or disable security cameras and maybe some other stealth stuff (like remote control drones)?

Carrier prime all the way, it doesn't only pick up stuff for me but also can take a hit. Other sentinels are too squishy and dies to easily but carrier prime...Those 1280 hp and 315 armor are gorgeous, most of the time i run with frames that lose to him in terms of survivability.

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My Huras was invaluable to me when trying to conplete the starchart solo as a new player.  It was FAR more useful than carrier, even though I did love my carrier at the time.

The main difference was that I was easily able to compensate for vacuum, while being made invisible during a solo interception was much more helpful. Huras is one of the best defensive tools in the game.

It works so well that I thought it was broken and soon to be nerfed. I was surprised that Huras wasnt a favorite on the forum. Im glad though because it most definitely would have been nerfed if it caught on.

Kubrows are also pretty powerful against a single target. It can easily oneshot (onebite) a 30+ lvl heavy grineer. And it's my musthave tool for any spy now

19 hours ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

Yeah for maybe a light player but a heavy player shouldn't need resources that arent rare . And if they do go farming for rare loot than carrier is a utility not a necessity.  Either way I'm more of a go big or go home and after an hour carrier goes home lol so I take chesa XD that disarm is amazing late game.

I donate resources to my clans dojo, and being the guy with enough of the resources that everyone else ran out of..  Feels nice... Thanks carrier for allowing me to do this while not being required to run around picking up every little thing...  And for picking up that rare stuff that fell into one of those places that loot can go, but warframes just can't seem to fit into.... Especially the rare mods 

Edit: huras can be nice but my carrier prime tends to have better survivabilty in higher end missions where reviving a kurbow is potentially borderline suicide 

Edited by (XB1)DeadFishGod

I'm MR 19 and still use carrier prime. Its stronger than any other sentinel, has a cute para skin, great weapon, and can pull energy orbs from every direction automatically in the middle of intense battles so you don't run dry on energy.

And kubrows are nowhere near as reliable with giving me shield regen nor providing CC for close enemies as sentinels. Love using them for bling though. ;D

1 minute ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

I'm MR 19 and still use carrier prime. Its stronger than any other sentinel, has a cute para skin, great weapon, and can pull energy orbs from every direction automatically in the middle of intense battles so you don't run dry on energy.

And kubrows are nowhere near as reliable with giving me shield regen nor providing CC for close enemies as sentinels. Love using them for bling though. ;D

totally agree with you

CArrier is very helpful but I really like my green and gold dragon lizard. It makes the cutest sound. I also love its pew pew pew lazer. But yes, at time I equip the carrier when Im farming draco or any low level with lots of loot drop. I can jump fly thru the map and the carrier will pick it up, I dont have to run around in circles to pick stuff up. Some people "hurr durr lazy lern to use wasd" dont get it.

Well I dont main Carrier. My Sentinels have different purposes

Carrier p

Extra firepower or help in resource runs

Diriga  

Deal with distance targets or help keep enemies on their feet (Like for infested or missions like Thousand Cuts tac)

Djinn

Perfect for melee frames & dealing corro dmg

Helios

When I need scans or Animal Instinct (Im too lazy to forma my other Sentinels for animal instinct)

Shade

Sometimes use for spies or fast Medallion runs for syndicates. (I like to use Nehza rather than Loki or Ash. Nehza's faster) But DE needs to rework the cloaking from Shade so it cloaks you when it detects a camera nearby. Would be so helpful.

Wyrm p

Theres just no reason to use this Sentinel im afraid.

There was talk of all Sentinels will be getting the vacuum ability & replace Carrier current vacuum ability with a new one. Been like over 2 major updates since DE brought it back up so idk if this is still being talked about.  

20 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Useless sentinel? Shade. By far the worst of the group. His weapon barely tickles enemies and his stealth is too over restricted and finicky to be reliable/useful. The only thing it has going for it are it's looks.

Edit: Also, the 'Megathread' tag is only really supposed to be used by moderators. I've seen them request that people not use it on regular topics and instead allow the mods to apply it to topics where they think it fits.

Shade is definitely the most useless, I agree. Glitchy stealth and a terrible weapon that isn't even silent?! Why a stealth sentinel wouldn't have a silent weapon is beyond me. Not to mention the animation for Shade's stealth is way to long and intricate, instead of that spin thing, it should just be a (quick but) gradual phase out that looks something like Star Trek's teleporters (energize!) but just corresponding to the chosen energy color.

Shade's stealth sensitivity should also be increased. It should take into account the presence of security cameras and weapon turrets and cloak accordingly. The range of detection should also be increased and the cooldown decreased.

Last but not least, Shade could use a visual upgrade. My suggestions:

fire_spitting_by_shade_shypervert-d6nzpy1964889b2247dc918981085e36d3d5fe.jpg

Ombre-ancienne-441x600.jpg 13c1949f3849ac94.jpg

Allip-MM35_PG10.jpga6212415de962d5ca52d524800797180.jpg

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

21 hours ago, Roguelike said:

Hello guys,im really wonder to make developers attention on this topic. Sry my English pls =)

So im wanna talk about Sentinels - they all have different abilities,but 99% of players using only carrier. I think heres no reason to explain why.

And so its obvious what other sentinels needs buff or rework to be useful. Im dont understand why DE still not make any changes to make them better.

Now i have only one idea how deal with it - make Sentinels Ability Mod (Loot Collector) for all Sentinels. Ofc it must be less powerful then Carrier's Ability.

Here im really want to see ur ideas and discussion about it.

give the ability to all and just give the carrier another unique skill instead of vacuum

There's two reasons why Carrier's the most popular. People are lazy af, but more importantly his ability is active 100% of the time, therefor a lot more reliable and predictable, and I'm betting the other two sentinels with permanently active abilities, Helios and Diraga, are way higher in the rankings than Djinn, Shade and Wyrm. Shade and Wyrm in particular have conditional skills that can easily misfire and waste their cooldown. Ideally you'd severly decrease the cooldown of any situational Sentinel ability to make them compete with the likes of Carrier and Helios. Djinn's buff/fix was a step in the right direction, but I'm talking about an even stronger buff than he got. 4 seconds max cooldown on Ghost and Crowd Dispersion.

Even if DE did make all the Sentinel's have the "Vacuum" buff the sentinel's die the first second in high level missions anyways. Oops, you're down, sorry tenno; no more sentinel. DE needs to improve the "Regen" mod. Your sentinel will only respawn once after being destroyed. Either DE needs to make the sentinel respawn more than once or have a cool down for your sentinel to spawn again. I do not see why DE does not  do this, most sentinels do not even inflict mass amount of damage in general; including "Deth Cube."

10 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Lor + nm lor + jordas raids keys = 40k nanos and 2k plastids everyday

ps: you could get neurodes playing lor, makes no sense farm em

I don't do raids anymore since I got what I wanted already . Very well I still think your over exaggerating but you do you boo that's the beauty of warframe :D.

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Not sure about that. As a new player you need all the resources and mods you can get and Carrier makes it a lot less likely that you miss out on stuff by not picking it up.

Its not that hard to pick up resources as a new player, I found the the cloak more useful for those forced solo runs.

I rarely remember being short on reaources, I clearly remember being swarmed by enemies with a badly modded Mag. Being cloaked and still able to use abilities is a major lifesaver more often than not. It was a bit more essential when we only has 4 revives per day.

2 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

I find that if orbs are dropping fast enough to make a difference, im probably easily mowing down enemies any way. The times when I do NEED energy, it means that I cant depend on rare energy drops and prefer to use pads. I think carrier is a waste of a utility. 

When the going gets tough, diriga, djinn and huras have been far more valuable to me. Orbs just dont drop enough in high level missions for carrier to be worth it. Some people act as if orbs drop every other enemy. 25/50 energy randomly isnt all that great. Even my Sahasa can be more useful as it actually CREATES drops when no enemies are around amd its more than 25. Add to that the fact that I can have the utility of other companions AND get my own drops any way- I dont understand why there are vets that say carrier is clearly the best.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Well I dont main Carrier. My Sentinels have different purposes

Carrier p

Extra firepower or help in resource runs

Diriga  

Deal with distance targets or help keep enemies on their feet (Like for infested or missions like Thousand Cuts tac)

Djinn

Perfect for melee frames & dealing corro dmg

Helios

When I need scans or Animal Instinct (Im too lazy to forma my other Sentinels for animal instinct)

Shade

Sometimes use for spies or fast Medallion runs for syndicates. (I like to use Nehza rather than Loki or Ash. Nehza's faster) But DE needs to rework the cloaking from Shade so it cloaks you when it detects a camera nearby. Would be so helpful.

Wyrm p

Theres just no reason to use this Sentinel im afraid.

There was talk of all Sentinels will be getting the vacuum ability & replace Carrier current vacuum ability with a new one. Been like over 2 major updates since DE brought it back up so idk if this is still being talked about.  

Now this is how you should use them for utility. I actually like work in the Void.  I use him as a radar lol if it spins around I'll jump to the opposite direction it.  But that's how you should use them not just cause VACUUM!