The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best prime warframe

(PSN)Emperess_Uktabi

Question

14 answers to this question

This really depends on which warframe you prefer and which befits your playstyle the most. Though it can also depend on which one you manage to farm first :P

As to zephyr prime, you will have to wait a while for that one. 

Besides that, this thread needs to be primed to players helping players

All prime parts are tradeable although you may find the frost prime parts you are missing to be quite expensive. If you must have a "melee" prime I would go with either Ash or Volt. Ash is more of a caster, relying on his bladestorm to deal heavy damage. A shadow step speed volt can output some ridiculously high DPS with the right melee weapons.  Other than that, I can only recommend you read up on various warframe abilities in the wiki and try out the ones that catch your eye.

Mag Prime best Prime!

While many posters are about to descend upon me to outline the many ways I'm wrong, I still believe that Mag Prime is the best Prime; for me.

She fits my play style and offers versatility and utility by being able to sweep mobs off their feet, root them to the ground via one of her augments, gain 2k shields via another augment, replenish teammates shields while decimating any group of shielded enemies and even prioritize a target for when I need to revive someone or need a damage boost on a non-phasing boss.

As to your Frost Prime question; you can trade other players for his parts.  You have to be MR2 though. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_System

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Emperess_Uktabi said:

I am wanting to farm and build a prime warframe but I'm not sure which. What are some people are using and why did you pick that one. 

On another note I still have components for the frost prime which was my first choice until it was removed. Is it still possible to trade for the components?

In prime Warframes I mainly use Loki Prime and I'd recommend getting him (I believe he's the next one to be vaulted as well). I use Ember Prime when I'm just wanting to get through missions quickly (like 3x Invasion runs). I've been running a lot of Ivara and Inaros since they came out though and haven't been using many of the prime frames.

You could try trading for Frost Prime, but the parts are likely going to be very expensive. Considering he was just re-vaulted in January there's no telling how long it will be before he makes a reappearance. Depends on how the Starchart/Void rework is handled and when it's even released.

IMO the best melee frame is still ne-zha but builds for him get fairly expensive, aside from him Saryn is a very good pick up especially with her rework and if you pick up the regenerative molt augment she scales very well and is very survivable and has some of the best aoe dmg in the game with her new spores.

Yes depends on you   heres some example 

If you love to melee and become a god use valkyr

Frost is very good at defense,md missions and can slow everything  with icewave or with avalanche .He does got good armor so he's not squshy.

Nova if you like to slow everything down and make the enemies explode  good for all types of missions

Rhino for become a tank sense he has the iron skin and can also boost players weapon damage, and can stomp enemies  in the air for about 10-15 secs

Nyx well she can take damage while in her 4th ability and explode her globe killing off enemies  when you get damagedone to the globe ,and has has a good cc with choas 

Loki for everything you can disarm enemies and become invies for awhile and you get an melee damage boost for killing while invis

Mag is an corpus killer no argument  about it and best with corpus type missions

Mirage is great at cc with prism you can blind the whole room for a few secs and just kill them without getting touched

Thats just a few there are others out there id suggest you try out some frames before picking a prime

Like we said it depends on you each frame is good in there own way ..There is no best just depends how the player uses it, there mod set up and the faction/Missions they up against