Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your daily reminder that genuine criticism is not devbashing and should not be labeled as such.

i_Lex

inb4 lock 

Making these threads solve nothing, if you got a problem you take it up with a moderator. Plus, the thread may have had something to invoke a removal. They don't just remove criticism for the sake of it.

Edited by TheErebus.

inb4 lock 

Making these threads solve nothing, if you got a problem you take it up with a moderator. Plus, the thread may have had something to invoke a removal. They don't just remove criticism for the sake of it.

They did.... no warning. no lock just straight up removal... i checked every single message . none involving anything that can break a rule.

They did.... no warning. no lock just straight up removal... i checked every single message . none involving anything that can break a rule.

You checked everything? Not one thing in the entire thread would warrant a removal? No dev bashing, no random insults no excessive profanity?

smh

Feedback is encouraged but not bashing tho.

1b) DEVELOPER BASHING – let’s face it, we aren’t perfect, we know this – we’re humans making a game. We work hard and read the forums with earnest care, so any insults will be cleaned up on the spot and not tolerated. We're not your punching bag on our Forums. Constructive feedback is encouraged and key to us improving the game.
For clarification:
What is an insult? “DE are idiots and lazy for not adding trading.”
What is constructive feedback? “DE stated that trading will happen. Here’s how I think it should work.”

Criticism and negative feedback are all good... as long as they're made in a civil and respectful manner and made in the appropriate feedback section.

Insulting the developers is not the appropriate way to go about having one's voice heard. It violates the forum rules and is liable to get one's post nuked from orbit.

Good feedback does 3 things:

1. Identifies what you (the player) think should be changed, needs improvement or is otherwise lacking,

2. Proposes solutions, changes, or ideas of how you think the element in 1. should be changed in a way that improves the game, and

3. Is presented in a respectful, mature manner. You want to improve the game, the developers want to improve the game, we're all on the same side so we should treat one another in a friendly and respectful manner. Let's work together instead of insulting one another with snide, disparaging and dismissive remarks.

• 4 weeks later...

DE,

You say you have no problem with being showed where you got it wrong, but when somebody does it, you ban said person and quickly delete the post so nobody has the time to read it.

My last warning point was given for making the point that you (DE) didn't do enough testing before you released the content, making me (I have no idea of other people) lose almost an hour avoiding "insert name" (the boss that looked like Jakal) and waiting for a new moa to spawn so I can finish the mission to just quit with the boss at 5% health because the moa never spawned. I was SOLO and it was the second part (the harder one).

For the simple reason of saying you (DE) acted evil ( that's what "dumb on purpose" means) I got banned for dev bashing. Am I not alowed to say you acted evil?! How is that bashing?

I hope that everyone at DE knows that:    "DUMB ON PURPOSE" <> "DUMB"

P.S. - Censor this so I know I'm right!

Edited by alergiclaprosti

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see clearly demonstrated here, the poster was warned for obviously non-malicious criticism in a rather unprofessional manner (Note the usage of "plz" and "issueing").

There's cleaning up the forums and then there is making the forums nothing but a bunch of yes men who smile and nod at every change.

"EXCELLENT DECISION MY LORD!"

>inb4 the thread is instantaneously locked down and I get suspended from the forums for daring to point this S#&amp;&#036; out

1 minute ago, Agentawesome said:

In this issue, it seems the moderator has overreacted to the situation. Though OP's statement is kinda Devbashing, saying they did this without future planning is sorta just baseless assumption. 

No. Just stop.

I am placing infestation under the limelight so it does not spread like the spores in the orbiter.

Edited by Rubastax

Just now, Genitive said:

Don't want to get warning points? Refrain from comments like 'messy' and you're safe. It is really that hard to use neutral language?

Yes, yes it is.

Criticism exists for a reason, and players should be free to criticize the developers without having to carefully structure what they say so the overly eager moderators do not witness heresy.

4 minutes ago, Rubastax said:

No. Just stop.

I am placing infestation under the limelight so it does not spread like the spores in the orbiter.

Well, you give no substantial proof that your topic had evidence that the Dev's did not plan ahead.

Your rant could've been the same without that sentence. 

Edited by Agentawesome

Just now, Rubastax said:

Yes, yes it is.

Criticism exists for a reason, and players should be free to criticize the developers without having to carefully structure what they say so the overly eager moderators do not witness heresy.

I disagree. It is possible to criticize withouth using emotional language.

As for your picture, that user already had a few warnings, so it is expectable he would be watched more carefully.

Open communication with Warframe’s community is the most important thing to our development team.  We rely heavily on feedback from players in real time, so it should go without saying that keeping track of regular updates on our forums requires a lot of dedication from all of our moderators.  It also means we try hard to eliminate anything that would detract us from this task, including the micromanagement of posts that are abusive, non-constructive, or inappropriate for the topic at hand.

Punishing players for speaking their mind constructively is absolutely unacceptable, and we make sure to carefully review every post when a warning point does need to be issued.  To that effect, we only ever issue warning points when absolutely necessary (we do make mistakes, though, no denying that). Constructive criticism is part of our DNA here, but bashing is harmful. Constructive criticism is moderate, thoughtful, and rooted in a fundamental care for Warframe. Bashing is ad hominem, abusive, and damaging to all involved(to us because it detracts from time spent on productive tasks and to you because it reduces your privilege to continue contributing to the forums). 

Banning is rare.  We have well over a million forum accounts, and less than 0.7% of our forum members have a ‘banned’ status on their accounts.  It’s a testament to how awesome everyone here is, and the more people we have participating in the conversation, the better the quality of constructive criticism we can give to the rest of the development team.

Even still, we know that this system isn’t perfect. It’s in our Code of Conduct that players are free to contact the moderator regarding a warning point. They have the liberties of challenging the warning, if done respectfully of course. If they are unhappy with the outcome of the discussion it may be brought to the Admins for further review. 

Communication is not a one way road.  This is a group effort between the moderators, the admins, and the players. Although it may feel this way at times, community moderators are not stand alone agents acting on with their own agendas. They abide to Forum rules and work together to determine the outcome of each case is based on past and current conduct.  

We hope this clears up not just our warning point system, but how hard our moderation team works to make sure everyone’s voice is heard during Warframe’s ongoing development.