The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login failed : Check your info (not again..)

SumFunGuy

14 minutes ago, iHoaX said:

Maybe this little video helps in understanding a few things.

Yes, not being able to play/login when you want to is annoying.

Watch while you wait.

Or, do other stuff.

p.s. Login Failed please check your info. Seems to be an account specific problem. (Same computer, different account can log in fine) 

umm..i watched the video..i am not sure if you are experienced with security side of things..i don't work on security side of things..but just wondering if u can answer..

the riobox or whatever its called..wouldn't it suffer from the same issue during DDoS.. 

riobox basically use some algorithm for comparison. I am not not sure how they classify good vs bad..but any detection they do should take finite amount of time..if they get high number of requests, even their detection algorithm would take a hit since work start piling up..so then good requests will be stuck in the queue to pass thru this algorithm before they get to main servers..and they might timeout while waiting..

so i don't see how this effectively stops DDoS attacks

The login failures seem to be account specific or also acount specific.

Same computer, 1 account can login, other account can not. Tested and 100% repeatable.

Also location (where you are from) doesnt seem to make a difference.

1 minute ago, democrator said:

umm..i watched the video..i am not sure if you are experienced with security side of things..i don't work on security side of things..but just wondering if u can answer..

Yeah i didnt watch the video untill the end. (yes that was not smart xD)

That is why i removed the video.

Just now, Driku said:

Problems here in Spain too. It seems that older accounts can´t login... My brother, with a new created account, could log in without any problems! 

It is not linked to the age of the account. I have compared feedback from many users with this issue.

Oh, well then... Maybe to the server? I mean, when you create an account it directly selects NAmerica, doesn´t it? But mine was in Europe... 
I don´t really know how the login servers work, but hey, being able to log in with a new account, but being unable to do the same with my old account feels bad.

It's clear these attacks are probably commissioned from 1 person or is being done by a small minority of idiots.

DO NOT GIVE IN TO THEIR ATTACKS. This is one of the worst things you can do.

DO NOT OFFER US EXTRA REWARDS. Im glad that you havent so far, this is also one of the worst things you can do.

Why is that? Heres an explanation.

1. If you make changes to the game or change your schedule in any way, you're only saying one thing "You have power over us, by DDoS'ing us we have to obey your forced opinion and make the change" This will only make them attack you MORE in the future. You need to stand tall and keep going as normal to show that their DDoS attacks have NO effect over you, and never will. Show them that they are only wasting their time, stay determined.

2. Do not offer the community extra gifts! This will only tell those who are DDoS attacking you "Hey, if we do this more, we can make them give us more rewards".

CARRY ON WHAT YOURE DOING, and dont let any of this influence you in any way, just beef up your DDoS-Protection and carry on as if you are ignoring them completely.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

1 minute ago, SectionNine said:

4 days of last 7

Six days of the last six here. Last time I could log in was the morning of the 12th DE time.

I'm unhappy about falling behind on milestones through no fault of my own. I'm unhappy about not being able to do sorties when I finally need the weapon being offered. I'll be really unhappy if they don't fix this by the anniversary.

1 minute ago, IamTheResistance said:

Where is the -1?

I want a refund of my boosters for both Ddos attacks. I'm not like you OP, i dont like to pay for nothing.

Theyre working on that, dont worry im in the same boat, i too am expecting the plat for the boosters i paid for.

2 minutes ago, IamTheResistance said:

Where is the -1?

I want a refund of my boosters for both Ddos attacks. I'm not like you OP, i dont like to pay for nothing.

He's not talking about refunds, he's talking about 'extra' stuff, like some people have been suggesting that DE should give everyone the slash mods. Etc. 

I wouldnt argue with free stuff but can agree that any form of "giving in" only encourages further attacks.

At least with this latest round the interrruptions in service are a lot smaller and less drawn out. Whatever was done to mitigate the DDoS attack has been at least partially working. Hopefully DE's server operators/technicians can further refine the mitigation so that there are no interruptions in the future.

Like, how many times can your house be broken into, before you get better doors and locks, right?

Don't you think it's pretty idiotic for a dude or a team with resources to pull off a DDOS attack do something like this just to get stuff for free?
I don't think that's the reason. Most of these people just do it for fun. You know, because they "can".
DE will pretty much give us some sort of compensation for this, especially those with boosters. Most people feel entitled to get the stuff they paid for like that Saryn Prime guy.

Edited by Ariadne

1 minute ago, giantconch said:

I wouldnt argue with free stuff but can agree that any form of "giving in" only encourages further attacks.

At least with this latest round the interrruptions in service are a lot smaller and less drawn out. Whatever was done to mitigate the DDoS attack has been at least partially working. Hopefully DE's server operators/technicians can further refine the mitigation so that there are no interruptions in the future.

Like, how many times can your house be broken into, before you get better doors and locks, right?

And CIWS Phalanx Turrets to mow down hostiles?

11 minutes ago, IamTheResistance said:

Where is the -1?

Odd... Its right there for me.

7dV9EVo.jpg

Edited by Kao-Snake

Sometimes i can login, but i get DCed everytime after 1 or 2 minutes.

I managed to visit an Relay and got to the Kiosk to see that the Trader will arrive in 5+ hours.

I hope DE will get it going this time, but i'm not very Optimistic, because last Weekend it was exactly the same for me. 

(from Germany)

Edited by Ryoken64