Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle-able skills no longer allow regen to work?

AsianLyf

A short while after 18.6 I noticed that my Ember and Valkyr no longer got the energy regen that came from the focus tree. I'm not sure if I'm just tripping or doing something wrong, or it was intended. 

Edited by Ankoku_no_Hime
Apparently got double posted Mods please close one thread

Just now, Lanieu said:

As long as its consistent, I don't really care either way...sometimes in the past I've noticed some abilities still count up, some not.  For balance sake, the ability shouldn't be able to be eternal....

I just hope it works for lower tier missions, because there arent enough mobs and energy orbs to justify it not working 

As someone who uses valkyr, ember, and zenurik- I can say these abilities never allowed regen from zenurik while active. Only certain toggle skills such as pacify allowed energy regen to remain on while activated. Mainly because of how they operate.

7 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

I just hope it works for lower tier missions, because there arent enough mobs and energy orbs to justify it not working 

Sorry but what kind of argument is that? Easy missions should be given special allowances to make them even easier? Whuh?

Methinks you should look into some Power Efficiency Mods, I can run WoF all the way through missions no prob.

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sorry but what kind of argument is that? Easy missions should be given special allowances to make them even easier? Whuh?

Methinks you should look into some Power Efficiency Mods, I can run WoF all the way through missions no prob.

i have 175% efficiency not getting any energy orbs to power it 

9 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

As someone who uses valkyr, ember, and zenurik- I can say these abilities never allowed regen from zenurik while active. Only certain toggle skills such as pacify allowed energy regen to remain on while activated. Mainly because of how they operate.

It did for a while 

6 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

It did for a while 

And you're also the one who started this thread. If I had a nickle for every time someone said a nerf/change happened to something that never existed in the first place on these forums- I'd be able to buy a new computer.

1 minute ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Hmm, dunno what to tell you, I'm doing fine for Energy usually. *shrug*

Are you taking the time to smash containers (Animal Instinct, yo), do you have Carrier equipped to less easily miss any Orbs?

[And just checking, your Power Duration is 100% or above / your drain is at 0.75, yes?]

@Ankoku_no_Hime

As someone who has used Zenurik since it was introduced and mains caster frames: Its energy regen never worked while toggle abilities are active.

The only one that allows Zenurik to work is Pacify (because it only drains energy while enemies are inside its radius, and when enemies are inside its radius Zenurik stops working for it), Provoke (because it only drains energy when an ability is cast) and Artemis Bow (which only drains energy per shot).

Any other ability with a constant drain has stopped Zenurik from working during the drain.  The exact same thing as with Energy Siphon not working with those abilities.

This has always been the case.

At the very most, you were at the benefit of a bug caused by lag, as there have been instances where if things were laggy enough then energy regen would still work even with a toggle ability active.
Similar to with enough lag entering a nullifier bubble won't nullify your powers.
All it was at the most was a bug that was never supposed to happen.

1 minute ago, Dualstar said:

As far as im aware all energy regen was disabled for toggled abilities ever since toggled abilities were introduced.

I think there have been some inconsistencies.  I know Artemis Bow which is technically a toggled ability (last I used it) gains energy. Which is arguably unbalanced.  Could have sworn there were a few others.

Edited by Lanieu

57 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

and how high is you duration?

toggle-able abilities like ember's WoF now take duration into account when consuming energy.

To make it simple, Efficiency is how much energy WoF takes per tick

Duration is how long each tick lasts.

So high efficiency means each tick doesn't cost much energy. But low duration means that you are burning through energy because your ticks are so short

1 hour ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Efficiency isn't the only thing that affects toggles, duration does too. If you have -50% duration then even at 175% efficiency you are going to have a rather large drain on toggles. 

1 minute ago, Lanieu said:

I think there have been some inconsistencies.  I know Artemis Bow which is technically a toggled ability (last I used it) gains energy. Which is arguably unbalanced.  Could have sworn there were a few others.

Artemis bow and pacify and provoke allow it because neither of them drains constant energy while active. The bow only takes energy when you fire and P&P only when enemies/powers cast are in the area.

1 minute ago, Acebaur said:

Artemis bow and pacify and provoke allow it because neither of them drains constant energy while active. The bow only takes energy when you fire and P&P only when enemies/powers cast are in the area.

Which I think is a bit OP but won't really complain any further.

Idk if I'm the only one with this problem, but since 18.6 (i think, maybe 18.5.1) the passive skill from zenurik, that one that gives energy for the rest of the mission isn't giving the correct ammount of energy, i mean, at least for me it's supposed to give 2 energy per second and just give 1 energy per like 1.5 sec.

Sorry if my english is bad.

1 minute ago, 4InLine said:

Idk if I'm the only one with this problem, but since 18.6 (i think, maybe 18.5.1) the passive skill from zenurik, that one that gives energy for the rest of the mission isn't giving the correct ammount of energy, i mean, at least for me it's supposed to give 2 energy per second and just give 1 energy per like 1.5 sec.

Sorry if my english is bad.

seems to work fine for me.

4 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Which I think is a bit OP but won't really complain any further.

Hardly, especially when you consider that both of those frames are most likely going to be running an ability that does turn off regen. Also neither of those abilities are game breaking, certainly not any more so than Exalted Blade or Hysteria. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that toggled abilities stopped energy regen passives, etc. when activated.  I mean...  it would be hugely unbalanced if not.  Zenurik energy regen maxed could possibly generate faster toggled ability consumption with the right build.  Hmm...  Neverending exalted blade.  I'm sure it would be fun to do once in while, but would kinda ruin the game at the same time too.