Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #71!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream #71 Poll  

531 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Silent_Eagl3 said:

Awwww man someone asks the same question for three devstreams and gets called loyal? I've been trying to get a fashion-frame question answered since December 2014......Then here do I stand in this? I feel like a defeated man currently but that doesn't mean I've given up yet (#Darksoulslifelessons).

tumblr_m6p2jwahu61rxjzkho1_500.gif 

I pretty much have never missed the opportunity to post my list of 20-30 questions & they answered only twice to one of them... (the first was "where is Darvo?" & the other one, about stealth, was told by momma Lotus but got dodged quite fast... :/ )

Let's keep hope : I won't stop coming with my questions compilation until the most important ones get an answer (why not use the reload button for "sword alone" mode,instead of clunky holds/pauses|| why can't we give simple orders to companions instead of relying on their strange AI || where's the cloth physics for Volt & Frost || deception badly needs its 2.0 || more incentive to do stealth because we're supposed to be space ninja after all || what does the next tileset look like || what does the new boss look like,etc...)

18 hours ago, Saintiago said:

They don't care about UMBRA, im so disappointed </3 

I don't  think they dont care as they can't focus on it while people are screaming for reworks, buffing, frames, weapons, connectivity issues, and many more things. They can only do so much with want people are screaming they need this to happen when all they are saying are what they want. While DE is trying to work on what needs to be done to make this game which mind you, is still A BETA which is amazing better.

What do you want to see more of in future Devstreams?

-> Other. Woops, actually voted 'Dev build and commentary'.

WiP assets and reveals are nice, but they A) are not critical and B) fit equally well into Prime Time.

(I'm assuming that 'Dev Build' is the next step after being WiP assets, like the shown Mag rework-in-progress.)

What the Devstreams specifically have to offer, is, well, the Devs.

I want to understand how they look at Warframe, what considerations drive the various choices they make, and so on.

As such, this one was a good Devstream, for me.

It had bits like Scott and Geoff talking about fundamental Archwing... idk, issues? aspects?, Scott talking about his take-aways from 'Undercover Boss', the changes and something of the rationales for the Mag ability changes, some good Q&As.

-----

Devstream reactions -

Can't say I'm excited for the sound update, but I am enthused. Quite listening forward to it.

Glad to hear that something's coming to introduce Sentinels to new players, as they're already pretty-much immediately thrust into the Howl of the Kubrow quest, with absolutely no indication of the costs involved. I mean, given the egg-grind (addressed), build costs (100k for the BP, before anything else) and upkeep costs (somewhat touched, but since they're not gonna have the upgraded Genetic Foundry yet...)

Suffice it to say - cost to effect, Kubrows are (I believe) an objectively worse choice for a new player; compared to any Sentinel - and even before considering the Carrier.

Archwing - I'm more concerned with how the mode plays than with how many toys I have to play with in it.

It's basically a shooter without either Warframe's parkour nor any kind of cover/terrain-use/in-combat-traversal.

00:31:53 - Scott: "So if you're going for loot, and you feel that the item('s drop chance) is low, we've provided you with a power and a playstyle in order to enhance that".

Emphasis mine.

Maybe I misunderstand what Scott means here.

So

• while a case could potentially be made for Pilfering Swarm - now that it doesn't need the killing blow - allowing playstyle options (str. vs. duration vs. range, what weapons you take with it...) (if we ignore the effect enemy-flailing-on-tentacles has on player accuracy, tentacles not grabbing - or even damaging - enemies in their vicinity, etc. - all old issues);
  • how is standing (or, well, jumping) and spamming 3 as a Nekros, or
  • 4 Ivaras huddling around a boss (before that was axed) waiting for Pickpocket to go through, or
  • Atlas' self-disable while he waits to petrify his target

a playstyle-enhancing option? Every single one of them actively disables the player from acting until the loot power finishes working.

Further, building for these loot powers is generally directly detrimental to the other powers in the kit.

And I'm not talking about toxicity, since you don't really need a reason if you want to be toxic.

(btw trolling=/=toxicity-generating.)

Mag rework looks really nice. Not sure if it'll change how modifiers affect her abilities - guess we'll see.

The change to Bullet Attractor looks delicious. I assume that that's also supposed to be her 'Infested solution', a la Vortex? If so, killing Ancients is gonna suck  :<

Giving Shield Polarize spread time worked for M Prime without directly nerfing it, though there's some mechanical difference in how they work (debuff vs. detecting and exploding shields in range), so remains to be seen, but I'm optimistic.

Looking forward to seeing what's done to Crush.

Completely unmoved by the passive. Unless it's nearly equal in range to Vacuum (which - being a passive, I doubt it will be), it's not worth losing Vacuum.  Also, still a band-aid for the miniscule pickup range on every other frame.

Tennogen gender swap: Don't care, unless there are worldbuilding implications.

Cheers, folks. :)

Edited by Chroia
Forum fomatting

On 3/18/2016 at 8:20 PM, Archwizard said:

So I guess my questions are being used to punish the devs now?

I can live with that.

Your question as a really good on, though part of their response is dis-concerning.
I perfectly agree that the "Nekros/Hydroid is only useful for his loot-ability" is not to blame on the frames themselves, as they have a perfectly capable skill-kit. It's just a bad player mind-set.
What I had trouble with was their response to the part about the drop chance of loot being so low that they feel forced to used these types of ability's. They completely avoided acknowledging that some of the drop chances are simply bonkers right now. (rare stance mods in particular)
And then they mentioned Draco, going as far as saying that it's far from the only mission/node that rewards good affinity/focus gain. It's like the nerfs to the stealth farming method  of focus and the whole of the "Hot topic: Draco" feedback went right over their heads. I really hope they missed it cause they were "in the moment", but if this is truly what their thoughts are about it it's a real problem. Because those are the 2 most critical issues with the grind in Warframe that are being overlooked right there.

I know that wasn't the core of your question (which they answered well I feel) , but i'm curious how you feel about the "low drop chance problem" part of your question being overlooked.

P.S. About the grind: I don't mean that i wan't everything in the game to be handed to me on a silver platter. (what even the point of the game then?) And I understand very well that grind is part of the free-to-play model. I don't mind the grind for say Prime Items and such. But it's mainly the the ridiculousness of some of the rare stance mod grind that is bonkers. A 0,04% drop chance on a mob that rarely spawns is simply ludicrous. If the mob spawns twice every 5 minutes your already looking at over 100 hours to have a decent chance at a mod like this. (For reference: that's about 1/7 th of my total warframe game time that I accumulated over 2-3 years)

2 hours ago, undernown said:

Your question as a really good on, though part of their response is dis-concerning.
I perfectly agree that the "Nekros/Hydroid is only useful for his loot-ability" is not to blame on the frames themselves, as they have a perfectly capable skill-kit. It's just a bad player mind-set.
What I had trouble with was their response to the part about the drop chance of loot being so low that they feel forced to used these types of ability's. They completely avoided acknowledging that some of the drop chances are simply bonkers right now. (rare stance mods in particular)
And then they mentioned Draco, going as far as saying that it's far from the only mission/node that rewards good affinity/focus gain. It's like the nerfs to the stealth farming method  of focus and the whole of the "Hot topic: Draco" feedback went right over their heads. I really hope they missed it cause they were "in the moment", but if this is truly what their thoughts are about it it's a real problem. Because those are the 2 most critical issues with the grind in Warframe that are being overlooked right there.

I know that wasn't the core of your question (which they answered well I feel) , but i'm curious how you feel about the "low drop chance problem" part of your question being overlooked.

P.S. About the grind: I don't mean that i wan't everything in the game to be handed to me on a silver platter. (what even the point of the game then?) And I understand very well that grind is part of the free-to-play model. I don't mind the grind for say Prime Items and such. But it's mainly the the ridiculousness of some of the rare stance mod grind that is bonkers. A 0,04% drop chance on a mob that rarely spawns is simply ludicrous. If the mob spawns twice every 5 minutes your already looking at over 100 hours to have a decent chance at a mod like this. (For reference: that's about 1/7 th of my total warframe game time that I accumulated over 2-3 years)

Yeah, same impression I got : Archwizard's question hits where it hurts...

Let's be honest, DE are great with the playerbase and the playerbase gives as much as possible in return, but let's face it : they say they want to reduce the grind but they'll never reduce it as much as the way the players see it... Because it works well for them. Nekros will probably never drop his "press3 warframe" status... Draco's playstyle (stand in one place & spam,spam,spam powers) might still remain what it is,RNG will still keep a big importance in the gameplay and so on...

Archwizard's question was relevant & their answer was clearly trying to  dodge the main issue...

I think would probably name the new ice club Kautuk (eskimo word for hammer). the pronunciation is rough... but makes since with practice, K as in c for 'cat' but a more glottal stop pronunciation. au as ow in 'pow'. T is hard-stop t as in 'stop'. u as in oo in 'took'.

so... with that phonetics looks like c'ow'too'c

First thing first, thank you for your hard work on this game, some devs abandon their game after some time yet here you are still improving it after passing 3 years mark, well done on enduring so far, also human make mistake BUT what set humans apart from each other is the will to acknowledge and correct the mistake they committed therefor i hope to walk that pass and it will ensure you you will have your fans support ::):  

Now what i would like to see in future Devstream?

2. Rebecca speaks a bit slowly, like, slower by 0.75x than normal.

3. Scott gets MORE screen time I.E let the guy talk all he wants, let him have fun talking about his work and his passion about this game, like seriously people give him some breathing room :<

What I want to see in the future streams?

1. I guess more QnA but not much more unless you can afford making separate stream for purely QnA

2. At this tome Warframe communiti getting quite large.  I'm feeling a bit salty that you only giving away 4 plat prizes among 10k people or so. Would be nice to get some kind of smal plat price for everyone. I guess a code which gives 50 starter plat or something similar. (Maybe i'm too greedy or just jelauos)

P.S Name the frost mace " Kaldur" lol.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

1.When exactly are we getting a kubrow AI buff? I hate it when it just stands in a pool of electrified water and dies. Meanwhile, kubrows can teleport. Is it possible to add some degree of evasiveness in kubrows, like teleportation? Kavats can already cling on walls.

2.When will glaxion be buffed? I love this weapon, and the beam mechanic it uses and the ammo economy bugs me. A lot.