Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP competitive PvP. Dark Sectors will no longer have PvP according to dev stream 71.

-InV-igo95862

3 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

You must consider the current state of conclave, it's practically abandoned. Then you must consider what was happening last time darksectors were pvp:

• Hate practically flowed through the community.
  • Many players burned out instantly due to the high levels of grind.
  • The many connection problems and people bailing at the last minute.

Having been through the complete experience of darksectors from when it started as pve and seeing the sorry state of conclave at the moment. I really don't want to see darksectors be pvp.

Being burned out of constantly grinding out PVE missions against Cosmic Specters at 3am, compared to actually fighting human opposing forces, isn't my idea of fun. What needs to happens is limit the time of a Conflict so that folks don't spend most of time fighting in said conflict.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

to all the people crying:

V1HqCDV.jpg

Dark sector PvP was horrible. it was full of people cheesing and using whatever unbalanced, dirty tricks there were (host disconnecting, blocking terminals so there was no physical way to progress, etc.) Lets not forget the fact that there were greedy alliances who would put 100% taxes on their nodes. 

Greedy alliances? Please explain to me why didn't everyone rise up against the oh horrible tyranny of the alliances with high tax nodes? You should be more worried about Donald Trump then in game taxes just saying. 

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

to all the people crying:

V1HqCDV.jpg

Dark sector PvP was horrible. it was full of people cheesing and using whatever unbalanced, dirty tricks there were (host disconnecting, blocking terminals so there was no physical way to progress, etc.) Lets not forget the fact that there were greedy alliances who would put 100% taxes on their nodes. 

Do you taste the salt?

4 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

You must consider the current state of conclave, it's practically abandoned. Then you must consider what was happening last time darksectors were pvp:

• Hate practically flowed through the community.
  • Many players burned out instantly due to the high levels of grind.
  • The many connection problems and people bailing at the last minute.

Having been through the complete experience of darksectors from when it started as pve and seeing the sorry state of conclave at the moment. I really don't want to see darksectors be pvp.

Connection problem? Hate? Many player burned out?

Connection problem was due to DE's server, even now their server still unstable. They hate Dark Sector because they don't know what it "end game", player burned out because their skills/gear is not good enough for Dark Sector. 

well I don`t really care, as long as there are no dedicated servers for it, no point expanding it

also, IMO, clans are a PVE thing, and should stay this way, a better way to solve this is to add the old mode of dark sectors as a new conclave mode... heck, it could even be the first FPS part of Warframe, as it was quite tactical and slow compared to the usual warframe, if we use the corrupted dudes that were there and play in FPS, I`m all in for it

8 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Don't be silly; nobody's asking for a return of Dark Sector Conflicts as they were.

But we were promised that Dark Sectors Conflicts would return to allow large-scale objective-based PvP with a meaningful impact on the game universe.
Conclave is much more balanced than PvP 1.0, and it is certainly a viable basis to build Dark Sector Conflicts upon.

By the way, your oversized reaction images don't legitimize your argument in the least.

Edited by Knaimhe

1 minute ago, Knaimhe said:

Don't be silly; nobody's asking for a return of Dark Sector Conflicts as they were.

But we were promised that Dark Sectors Conflicts would return to allow large-scale objective-based PvP with a meaningful impact on the game universe.
Conclave is much more balanced than PvP 1.0, and it is certainly a viable basis to build Dark Sector Conflicts upon.

By the way, your oversized reaction images don't legitimize your argument in the least.

Oh, really. Where's the link? I'm serious, I need a source.

5 minutes ago, LOLGNuts said:

Here goes another hater who hated Dark Sector was too end game for him. And blame the other.

i liked the concept. implementation was horrible. i'm happy it's coming back PvE since this is a PVE game.

3 minutes ago, Knaimhe said:

Don't be foolish; nobody's asking for a return of Dark Sector Conflicts as they were.

That was the original plan. Things change however. we were told no pets, we got pets, we were told no gender swaps, it's a possibility with tennogen. the image wasn't tied to my argument, just the fact that whiners think broken, abusable pvp was the best thing ever warranted it.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

7 minutes ago, LOLGNuts said:

Here goes another hater who hated Dark Sector was too end game for him. And blame the other.

Yeah right. Dark sectors were a mess. There was absolutely no skill involved, it was just speedrunning, and whoever had the most broken powers won. Conclave 2.0 is fantastic, and it would work extremely well in dark sectors, but trying to say DS 1.0 was the end game? lol yeah right.

Edited by Phasedragon

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i liked the concept. implementation was horrible. i'm happy it's coming back PvE since this is a PVE game.

That was the original plan. Things change however. we were told no pets, we got pets, we were told no gender swaps, it's a possibility with tennogen. the image wasn't tied to my argument, just the fact that whiners think broken, abusable pvp was the best thing ever warranted it.

Alright I want you to come up with PvE Endgame content that is modular and can involve hundreds of people. Go.

This is a very sad day for Warframe.  Not just because DERebecca is answering her own question, but because none of the other developers challenged her interpretation.

This is not a doom thread, and does not warrant what someone wrote as dev bashing.  This is feedback and debate and should not be censored.

I have read every word and not detected any malice at all.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that they reverse this decision.

I agree that there is NO endgame in Warframe now and that DS was a type of endgame.  I have a lot of friends who are capped out at their mastery rank 21 and have little or nothing to look forward to other than the 100 day login weapon.

Dark Sectors conflicts were fun for many players.  Are they changing Warframe into the NFL (No Fun League)?

Honestly, how can they possibly hope to retain players who have every weapon, companion and Warframe?  Most mastery rank completioninsts, like myself, have grossly overlevelled their equipment with formas to try and make them better. 

Some will disagree, but the old DS without exploits were fun and rewarding.  I hoped that they would bring them back.  It appears that all hope is now lost and I must find a new game to play. (that's not doom, that's just reality)

I was really wanted to drive my Ferrari against some Bugattis.

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

there were some aspect of Dark Sectors that needed improvement I can not lie about that, but saying that it was totally broken is also false. If people did not want tyranny and "monopolies" then they could have came together and fight them off! Im pretty sure revolutions happened cause they sat around and complained all day until it magically worked.

Edited by StrikerSaint

+9999 OP

removing PVP from Dark Sectors = terrible design decision =[

why not have both? it is not impossible to design a scenario where co-op friendly clans/allys can work together towards one set of objectives while PVP focused clan can work towards another ; and then there can be seperate leaderboards/seasons/etc for the different competitive co-op and pvp sides

just look at a game like Path of Exile, they have rotating seasons, both hardcore and non-hardcore 'leagues' they have pvp competitions, and for each 'season' they have unique and interesting rewards that the playerbase can choose multiple different ways to acheive , i do not understand how this is unintelligible to so many ppl... =/ 

Just now, Siran_Kari said:

Alright I want you to come up with PvE Endgame content that is modular and can involve hundreds of people. Go.

I think multi staged world bosses would be interesting, which is how it sounded to me in the devstream today. Fomorians and Shadow debt seemed to start on this but it was poorly implemented.