Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To everyone that has seen Devstream 71 and still oppose genderswap

RadioLarity

6 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

That is a Nemesis from Dark Sector. What did you want to say by all this?

Dark Sector Nemesis is the one on the right:
LGa36BU.jpg
And I'm saying that 1. Female Ash looks awesome 2. It looks more awesome than regular Ash

Edited by RadioLarity

Just now, SonicSonedit said:

You are right, I mistook this as a Nyx Nemesis concept art.

Anyway this artwork was floating around for a couple of years already.

And it's time to bring it back because finally genderswap was mentioned in a devstream.

Just now, SonicSonedit said:

It was mentioned over a year ago. Like a lot of other features were...

And was mentioned again.
Just, if we have a chance to change something in the game to our liking, why just wait, instead of acting?
Like it was over a year ago. And literally always in this community.

1 hour ago, RadioLarity said:

And was mentioned again.
Just, if we have a chance to change something in the game to our liking, why just wait, instead of acting?
Like it was over a year ago. And literally always in this community.

It would be nice to see genderswap, but there is high chance it will be forgotten again after this devstream, so don't get your hopes too high.

9 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

It would be nice to see genderswap, but there is high chance it will be forgotten again after this devstream, so don't get your hopes too high.

I never got my hopes too high, I'm playing Warframe too long to do that.
Still, it would have been amazing to see that and the biggest argument is that ppl just don't have to swap genders if they don't want to.
And I can't really think of any big lore thing to really stop us from doing that.

3 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

Your only arguement is "They look pwetty"?

People don't have a problem with them "Looking pwetty".

The problem is that they break the lore. Warframes are meant to be suits/puppets created from the imprint of one specific person, they have a personallity, a history and a lore behind them, alt gender versions existing makes no sense.

And fyi, I do not think the ember you linked looks great or even good. It's a WIP and you can easily tell that, it no distinuishing characteristics and looks just like a normal person with a silly helmet.

The Ember is a proof for devs playing with this kind of thing. I never saw anyone turned on by coats.
Besides Kubrows are created from imprints, but still vary around after incubation.
EDIT: Besides- it's just an armor, we can still color it and put ornaments on it. We can discard Frost's shoulderguards as well as Ember's and Banshees etc.
The personality they carry is shown in their powers. Just as in real life ppl can hide their true feelings and emotions under their skin.

Edited by RadioLarity

I don't think a lot of people understand that people aren't OPPOSED to gender swap- we were just repeating what we'd been told by DE. And that was "since it would take the same amount of general time and work to make a gender swap as a brand new frame- they would rather put the time and effort into just making that new frame. Therefore we'll get similar theme "gender swaps" at some point potentially- but not gender swaps directly". DE is never going to make gender alternatives themselves. That is basically set in stone for the reasons they have stated above. That's all I ever see anyone say. I don't see people say "no no gender swaps because he's supposed to be a dude" or other ignorant stuff along those lines. I for one would love to see them eventually allow steam community made gender variations.

That being said- your title makes very little sense. "To those who oppose it after seeing devstream 71"- they'd  still be "on DE's side" of it. DE explicitly said "probably not but who knows, maybe. Things we've said no to in the past have changed many times before"

EDIT: I'd actually personally prefer if they'd just hire very loyal fans with the skills on the cheap to make these gender alternatives for them at some point. Steam workshop means I can't get this stuff with platinum- and having GENDER ALTERNATES locked behind it imo is a very bad idea. The other stuff is one thing, but gender swaps is too major to be there.

Edited by Stratego89

I got the impression DE still weren't going to do it themselves, and would instead allow tennogen to make the 'swaps'. i.e, it's still technically a 'no'.

If im being perfectly honest, i would prefer standalone frames to mere "Skins". The whole skin thing makes it a mere subset of the main frame, i can't add a skin to a skin (for example), nor will every frame get a swap. The whole thing would feel underdeveloped. 

2 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

I don't think a lot of people understand that people aren't OPPOSED to gender swap- we were just repeating what we'd been told by DE. And that was "since it would take the same amount of general time and work to make a gender swap as a brand new frame- they would rather put the time and effort into just making that new frame. Therefore we'll get similar theme "gender swaps" at some point potentially- but not gender swaps directly". DE is never going to make gender alternatives themselves. That is basically set in stone for the reasons they have stated above. That's all I ever see anyone say. I don't see people say "no no gender swaps because he's supposed to be a dude" or other ignorant stuff along those lines. I for one would love to see them eventually allow steam community made gender variations.

That being said- your title makes very little sense. "To those who oppose it after seeing devstream 71"- they'd  still be "on DE's side" of it. DE explicitly said "probably not but who knows, maybe. Things we've said no to in the past have changed many times before"

I'm not talking about DE opposing it since they said that might be a tennogen thing.
My post is directed to community.

1 minute ago, RadioLarity said:

I'm not talking about DE opposing it since they said that might be a tennogen thing.
My post is directed to community.

I know it was. I was referring to the community explicitly as well. I've never seen anyone directly oppose it for any reason- only tell people that it won't happen because of reasons DE has laid out in the past.

EDIT: And you misheard them. They said it most likely will NOT happen as a Tennogen thing- but there is a small chance that it will be a possibility in the future.

Edited by Stratego89

31 minutes ago, RadioLarity said:

EDIT: Besides- it's just an armor, we can still color it and put ornaments on it. We can discard Frost's shoulderguards as well as Ember's and Banshees etc.
The personality they carry is shown in their powers. Just as in real life ppl can hide their true feelings and emotions under their skin.

Ya know you're really reaching there, right? Their personality is clearly more than "just their powers". Anyone passionate about this game doesn't see their 'frames as "just a suit of armour" either. 

Lets put aside the fact that "it looks cool" for a second because that's subjective to everyone's personal taste. Just to be clear I do think original Ash looks gorgeous and am baffled they went with what we have in the end, although that Manber just looks awkward as Hek. 

Almost every game under the sun has the standard chargen screen where you can waste hours if you like flipping through generic looks for your preference. It's standard, tedious and just prevents you from getting into the actual game.

The first time you load up Warframe - there's a very straightforward, simple choice of 3 fully realised and diverse individuals and then 'Bam!' into the action. From the beginning of the tutorial all the way through to MR-whatever - the frames are offered to us as these fully realised entities - their powers and their looks are all part of conveying their character to us since they don't speak or really interact with anything else in the gameworld. That is incredibly unique and I think demanding DE should cater to the gender-swap crowd at the expense of that uniqueness is foolish, and flat out disrespectful of their creativity overall. 

Also - I've never seen any great pushback from the community against it as a whole - it's just been a back n forth repeat of "DE said no!". That being said - the most popular justification I usually see in these requests usually centres on, "DE Plz! I'm a MAN and I don't like playing as grrlz, eww!" It's rarely ever about how it would look cool like you've offered, it's over personal insecurities, immaturity or "because every other game does it!" - none of which are really valid justifications for the work involved. 

Looks like you'll get it in Tennogen someday - be happy with that. 

Edited by MumblesMcphatty

39 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

Your only arguement is "They look pwetty"?

People don't have a problem with them "Looking pwetty".

The problem is that they break the lore. Warframes are meant to be suits/puppets created from the imprint of one specific person, they have a personallity, a history and a lore behind them, alt gender versions existing makes no sense.

There was 1 original limbo created from zariman and all subsequent suits are his copies. He was male, so all the copies made from him are male.

There was 1 original mirage created from zariman and all subsequent suits are her copies. She was female, so all the copies made from her are female.

And fyi, I do not think the ember you linked looks great or even good. It's a WIP and you can easily tell that, it no distinuishing characteristics and looks just like a normal person with a silly helmet, if it weren't for a helmet you couldn't even tell its a warframe.

The warframes are not from the  Zariman, we Tenno are the children of Zariman. Otherwise, you point stands, the warframes seem to be based off of original infested hosts and their body shapes or barring that, blueprints based off of other recovered complete warframes.