The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To everyone that has seen Devstream 71 and still oppose genderswap

RadioLarity

*not convinced by random picture*

I'm not apposed to the idea but it isn't necessary. The only time I actually get a good look at another character is at the end of the mission or near the void trader. Even then, do I care if they're male or female?  noes.

"Nice colour coordination" is the thought that comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Ellthan said:

The warframe being expendable has NOTHING, and I mean litteraly NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, with crafing both genders.

The issue is that in order for warframes to be able to channel their powers they need to remain as close to the original as possible. Changing the gender would also change the void imprint. Its why our current models are worse than the original primes.  And no, changing the outer skin is not comparable to swaping gender.

And yes there is lore. The warframes were all based on the original zariman children and built specifically to channel their powers. The original oberon, had the oberon suit built for him, the original loki has his suit built for him, the original mirage had her suit built for her, ect ect ect.

We copy their suits to copy their powers.

Check yourself before you base your entire arguement on a false fact.

Other than Excalibur Codex,  can you quote one other source that backs up those claims?

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Question : Is it possible to add genderswap through tennogen?

Answer : Hmm,maybe....

What people heard : YES! ABSOLUTELY!

I'm actually indifferent towards the idea (i'd probably going to make some if it's allowed), but can people just stop twisting words to their own favor? It won't do you any good, it's just going to delude you and made you believe you are promised something when you are not.

DE say nay to some idea but then made it, but they also scrapped some of their own idea. So unless it's actually happening, take everything with a grain of dead sea's salt.

What I heard was : Tennogen MABY one day can make gender skins.

What people keep saying is: Devs have said it will never happen. 

What they did in fact say was that THEY have no plans to make genderskins. But when Rebecca asked if the community could do it via TennoGen,  they had a chance to say absolutely not.

Instead they said it might happen - not that it WILL happen tomorrow. And not that it will NEVER happen either.

Can eveybody chill now please? 

Hopefully it will happen, so that i can switch Rhino to bad**s female brute, Ash to sexy female kunoichi, Frost to daring ice queen in the long coat, and Nezha to the girl.

Just like it should be from the beginning.

Edited by letir

8 minutes ago, letir said:

Hopefully it will happen, so that i can switch Rhino to bad**s female brute, Ash to sexy female kunoichi, Frost to daring ice queen in the long coat, and Nezha to the girl.

Just like it should be from the beginning.

If haven't touched Nezha, thats so androgenous anyway imo, the rest I would love to see.

I'm against it. When they design a Warframe they do it with a certain intend. The gender plays a important role in defining the "character" of a warframe. By just swapping it the look and feel of most frames would no longer fit their visuals. That male Ember in OP's post looks aweful and a female Rhino would need a serious redesign of the entrie frame. Dat Ash is a rare example where it would fit. Nezha, too. But what about Frost, Vauban, Inaros and so on....

Gendersawp would cause a lot of problems with a lot of frames and I think DE has more important things to do.

Edited by Zeranov

3 minutes ago, Zeranov said:

I'm against it. When they design a Warframe they do it with a certain intend. The gender plays a important role in defining the "character" of a warframe. By just swapping it the look and feel of most frames would no longer fit their visuals. That male Ember in OP's post looks aweful and a female Rhino would need a serious redesign of the entrie frame. Ash is a rare example where it would fit. Nezha, too. But what about Frost, Vauban, Inaros and so on....

Gendersawp would cause a lot of problems with a lot of frames and I think DE has more important things to do.

DE can and will focus on something that needs more attention. Like Dojos and starchart. This would be a waste of time. If it happens through Tennogen, maybe. 

23 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Because subconsciously you don't see women belonging to the same group has you, and you (also subconsciously) consider belonging to their group (through personalization through a character) an undesired thing.

Simple put, and without saying this as an insult (more as an unfortunate fact), you are being sexist.

Triggerd_Vey_Hek.jpg

Just now, Robm said:

DE can and will focus on something that needs more attention. Like Dojos and starchart. This would be a waste of time. If it happens through Tennogen, maybe. 

Do you ever hear about dedicated art team?

On 19/3/2016 at 10:45 AM, tnccs215 said:

Because subconsciously you don't see women belonging to the same group has you, and you (also subconsciously) consider belonging to their group (through personalization through a character) an undesired thing.

Simple put, and without saying this as an insult (more as an unfortunate fact), you are being sexist.

Triggerd_Vey_Hek.jpg 

I think you don't really realize how much work DE would have to put into this idea. The only way it could happen would be by Deluxe Skins. There is no way they could make all the warframes in the game in another gender version. Better if they focus on the new Quests, then playing around with all this nonsense.

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

What I heard was : Tennogen MABY one day can make gender skins.

What people keep saying is: Devs have said it will never happen. 

What they did in fact say was that THEY have no plans to make genderskins. But when Rebecca asked if the community could do it via TennoGen,  they had a chance to say absolutely not.

Instead they said it might happen - not that it WILL happen tomorrow. And not that it will NEVER happen either.

Can eveybody chill now please? 

Actually, Geoff said it was mostly unlikely.

1. if it doesn't break lore (only DE knows that)

2. if it won't cause toxic behavior among players (shaming or embarrassment)

If these conditions can be met, then I say leave it to tennogen so DE doesn't have to spend time and resources on it. Those who want a skin can make it and/or pay for it. I'm sure some good artists can come up with some cool alts. It wouldn't bother me seeing those skins in relays or pubs.

6 hours ago, letir said:

Do you ever hear about dedicated art team?

You mean an art team that could be focusing on something else other than this. Yes, *cough* new weapons and archwings *cough*.

Just now, Robm said:

You mean an art team that could be focusing on something else other than this. Yes, *cough* new weapons and archwings *cough*.

Maybe you not realised this, but "new guns" and "new cosmetic" have same purpose - bring plat to developers through sales. New guns can be accesed through in-game currency and not so desirable - we alredy have plenty of guns to use.

While new, unique and plat-only skins have more chances to pique interest, sepecially if we count amount of buyers who really bothered by "wrong" gender of their frames.

7 hours ago, Prany said:

Hopefully it will happen, so that I can switch every single male-shaped frame to a more badass female form instead.

So that's about 16 male based warframes, and since nothing can be made at once and takes time to be released, that's roughly 1-2 months wait time per skin, and with 16, if it takes, say 2 months to release one female skin for a warframe, that is still roughly 32 months to release female skins for every male warframe currently.

That is 2 years and 8 months of waiting for such skins for half the frames out currently. No matter what, it is still a time consuming process.

Just look at simarus, after they yanked the writing team to do work on story for quests and events, simarus and his lore through scans has dried up currently. DE knows what resources they have available and have previous weighed the options and decided what would be best.

Tennogen is a possibility, but only when they allow complete warframe remodels to be candidates. Currently, only retextures (reskins like the immortal skins) are allowed.

What are you still acting like DE us considering making gender-skins? They made it perfectly clear they are not doing that.

The ONLY issue is that when full body-swaps are allowed in TennoGen,  and they will be, what type of gender skins would we want? 

Imagine that TennoGen is released for all playforms this year. During that time, bodyswaps become a thing. 

Some creators make genderskins and in good enough quality to be accepted (after proper guides are written) - what issues remain then?

The paywall? Again TennoGen is not free and not for everyone. You want it, you pay for it.

A genderskin would be labelled a modelswap, prefferably by theme.

◆ Oberon → Titania / Dryad / Fae

■ Hydroid → Mermaid/ Siren / Callypso

The argument that players will rage about not swapping genders withoit paying, will not be such a big deal. It is a cosmetic OPTION that is based on community generation.  

Therefore no expectations can be placed on DE to make 30 skins because they are not the one making them.

I am for example envious of the new helmets. No matter how high I demand that I can buy them with Plat, I still have to pay for it through Steam.

This is similar, we all have to accept it and go along with it. Or not and just buy or farm everything else.

4 hours ago, letir said:

Maybe you not realised this, but "new guns" and "new cosmetic" have same purpose - bring plat to developers through sales. New guns can be accesed through in-game currency and not so desirable - we alredy have plenty of guns to use.

While new, unique and plat-only skins have more chances to pique interest, sepecially if we count amount of buyers who really bothered by "wrong" gender of their frames.

Whatever, I am leaving this topic because they said they won't do anything about it already. People can't deal with the artstyle of WarFrame need to go play something else. 

Pointless topic. People who are against genderswap are the ones who actually care about the game. DE cares about the game. That's why they want to leave it up to community creators on a maybe scale.

I also find it pretty hilarious the number of people who want male to female swaps but never mention or pay any attention to female to male. Now, I haven't combed this topic, but it's a pretty observable trend throughout a good portion of the internet and a good portion of games.

I don't want male Ember. I don't want male Mag. I don't want female Chroma. I don't want female Oberon. I especially don't want male Saryn. All of Saryn's attitude and aesthetic would be wasted by a genderswap.

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Pointless topic. People who are against genderswap are the ones who actually care about the game. DE cares about the game. That's why they want to leave it up to community creators on a maybe scale.

I also find it pretty hilarious the number of people who want male to female swaps but never mention or pay any attention to female to male. Now, I haven't combed this topic, but it's a pretty observable trend throughout a good portion of the internet and a good portion of games.

I don't want male Ember. I don't want male Mag. I don't want female Chroma. I don't want female Oberon. I especially don't want male Saryn. All of Saryn's attitude and aesthetic would be wasted by a genderswap.

I'd love a female Rhino, a male Saryn and a male Ember.

We can't really judge this at all untill we have real actual models completed.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

I'd love a female Rhino, a male Saryn and a male Ember.

We can't really judge this at all untill we have real actual models completed.

We can. A feminine attitude versus a male one is a completely different thing. Saryn's attitude put onto a male figure would do nothing more than leave us with a feminine male figure-- a particularly pissed one, but still.

Saryn was specifically designed to be a female with a specific attitude and aesthetic to accompany that. Switching it to male would require completely redoing that and would be better off as a completely separate frame.

Oh I already made my point about this, but let me add one more thing :
DO NOT MAKE IT TennoGen.

With all due my respect to the buds in Steam Workshop - I am mostly not amused by the models and pricing. This is some EA/Ubisoft level of things going down. On the other hand, I did purchase an Rubido Rhino Skin for 25 cents. So maybe if they "nerf" the price tag, or flat out pay the creators and introduce those trough the in game shop, I can stand behind it.