The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros vs Rhino/prime

SatelliteStrike

Question

So in my search for finding a fun and good all around frame I stumbled upon these 2. They are frames that can go in any mission. They both are tank and CC. Only difference is rhino brings a buff for the team while Inaros brings heals. So now just wondering which is better between the 2? Everything taken into account: solo, team utility, go in any mission type (Exterminate, defense, sabotage, etc.). Which is the better? 

8 answers to this question

Since you seem to know the strengths for both, all I can really say is to find what best suits your playstyle. Rhino is more or less a rounded frame rather than something specialized. Inaros is more "risky" by comparison, since to take full advantage of some of his abilities you have to sacrifice health and all that.

I'd say Inaros is for a bit more advanced players with all his health micromanaging.

He's more suited for solo since he's a completely self sustained health machine.

Rhino can be a solid member of the squad by putting out massive CC, durability and buff.

Rhino is quite solid, Inaros IMO could still use some tweaks

(and he's not a great healer, radial heals are kinda hard to use on Squadmates in the heat of battle / rush through missions),

the back and fro of his Health is interesting but if you like keeping an eye on Health bars, you could just play Trinity :P

If you want a (somewhat tanky) CC + healer Frame, Oberon isn't exactly terrible, either,

also Nezha has basically Iron Skin & Stomp ripoffs plus further CC / heal / mobility options.

Personally I never really liked rhino too much. I've built him recently with high efficiency, range and duration as cc spamming tool (nobody plays him like that weirdly) and it did ... fine. You can see why noobs supposedly love him, he is overall solid and easy to use. 

Innaros is for me beautifully designed frame. Extremely powerful, but just in certain circumstances. His combining skills and using health as resource is interesting new approach to game mechanics. With arcane grace set he becomes pretty close to immortal and I use him for most difficult tasks, like sentient farming, high level sortie survivals etc. 

Rhino and Inaros are both self centered. They both can increase their chance of surviving. However Inaros needs more skill to play, while Rhino is more easy to handle.Inaros can actualy handle crowd better than Rhino because he has "profit" from killing with his powers. Both Rhino and Inaros are great for CC, Rhino with his stomp and Inaros with his Sandstorm. Then both can act as support Rhino can cast Damage Buff (Roar) and Inaros can heal alies (Devour). Unlike Rhino Inaros is a outstanding combo with "Rage" mod, because inaros basicaly never stops receiving damage. While Rhino remains "isolated" in his Iron Skin. But still Rhino feels more "tanky" while Inaros feels like ehm quicksand. Inaros is better in group just because there is actualy a point of using powers like: Blessing and Reneval. While it feels like wasting energy when you using them on Rhino.

But i still like Rhino. 

I just say

Rhino: Keep calm and press 2.

Inaros: Eat, Love, Pray.