The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Input needed on new Latron Prime build

SerinVeya

Question

So, I've sort of been thinking about switching up mods for my Latron Prime and giving it more focus on crit damage. But honestly, that's switching up two polarities to free up space, and I want to make sure it's worth doing. So I'm looking for some outside input on whether or not a change like this would be worth it.

OuB57D8.png

Changes are on that image, I'll take all the constructive criticism I can get. Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Okay, Hammer Shot is a horrible mod, and it was wrong to remove an elemental combo. That being said, it's unusual to need more than one elemental combo in any given build, unless the weapon is purely elemental and/or status based.

Drop Hammer Shot and replace it with Stormbringer, which combines with Hellfire to give you Radiation damage, which gives +75% against Alloy Armored targets like Napalms, Bombards, and Elite Lancers, and the confusion effect is nice CC. The Puncture damage alone is normally sufficient against Ferrite Armor. Keep Vital Sense and Point Strike though, and if you really want a lot of damage, consider swapping Shred for Argon Scope, since the Latron Prime is accurate enough to consistently get headshots.

Point Strike and Vital Sense, in the long run, are objectively superior to any sort of Elemental setup you could use in their place. absolutely superior.
losing 2 Elementals to Equip them doesn't even matter because you'll be doing several times more Physical and Elemental Damage in general. just remember to hit Weakpoints for Weakpoint Crits ofcourse.

Hammershot isn't worth using except for super niche Loadouts though.
Reload Speed an interesting choice, i don't see it's Reload as a problem but sobeit.

Aside from obligatory Serration and Split Chamber. You need at least 1 combined element. Shred is important as it allows you to handle large group of enemies so try not to take it off unless you really need more damage. Vital sense & Point Strike is also obligatory for crit weapon. For last mod i suggest Argon Scope because you can get 57% crit chance. If you can't get one, then i suggest Wild Fire, 60% elemental is actually quite good since you only have 2 other elemental mods. And because you will only have 37.5% crit chance you won't be criting too often, so you will waste some bullets on non-crit shot and 3 extra bullets from Wild Fire will definitely going to help you.

serration, split chamber, shred, bladed rounds, point strike, vital sense, X2 elements

this is the build I use, you only need 1 combo for it, it's either corrosive or viral, as for focusing solely on crit dmg isn't that much awarding since the crit chance is too low, so you have to get point strike in there 

and on a side note, you should really drop primed fast hands, the 2 sec reload is far from a lot, it's pretty balanced and manageable, you'll get used to it with repeated use, so you really should ditch it for another mod, also, if you want crit dmg, get bladed rounds in there, since it's much better than hammer shot   

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Latron PRIME as a crit weapon? Hmmm

Yes. On paper the burst DPS is significantly higher than with a straight damage build because of that nice crit multiplier. 

OP you need to drop Fast Hands and Hammer shot for another element and either a 3rd element or Bladed Rounds/Argon. You are missing a huge chunk of damage because of it.