The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Still doing this crap?

(PSN)FayourSky

Question

Earlier today I saw someone asking if anyone wanted a $50.00 PSN card..  Knowing full well this was a scam, I went ahead and said sure why not. He asked how much platinum I had, so I told him 250 just for funs, eventhough I had more.   He didn't hesitate a bit -- was like Sure Ill invite you (Red Flag thrown -- 250p vs $50.00).  After that I said, Sure, but how about you give me the cards information first so I can ensure that this is indeed a fair trade (Now I sound like a damn scammer?).  He said "I dont scam I promise" (red flag thrown again -- Rule 18 of the internet - never trust).  Shortly after that I said no thank you, not gettin swindled out of my hard work, and he tried the back up guilt trip of "Fine if you dont trust me im not trading with you"  -- Thats like handing a homeless stranger your wallet and saying ill be back for it in 24 hours, dont spend anything or use anything in there because you trust him/her just because they are human.  Anyhow, I have the screenshots and the username of the individual, which i will not release on this thread without permission from the moderators.  But I think everyone should be aware, and if the moderators want the information of the guy so they can ban him from chatting for a year, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

10 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

There is no free money in this world.

Unless you are politician. Or criminal. 

Everyone pays friend. We pay in cash- they pay in time behind bars.

EDIT: also OP. Go to support and report them. Naming and shaming is against the forum rules so no moderator is going to give you permission to post it here, ever.

Edited by Stratego89

43 minutes ago, (PS4)FayourSky said:

Shortly after that I said no thank you, not gettin swindled out of my hard work, and he tried the back up guilt trip of "Fine if you dont trust me im not trading with you"

So, he wont trade with you because you refuse to trade with him?  That's like saying "You can't fire me! I quit!" i.e. pointless and redundant since the result is the same.

43 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

There is no free money in this world.

Unless you are politician. Or criminal. 

Nothing is free. Just because you don't see a price tag, it doesn't mean there is no cost. Everything has a price.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3