The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill the Lynx(new thread)

Gefy

Question

So, I have just gotten the Archwing quest and it's asking me to kill the Lynx. Now, I know you have  to take down the Lynx Ospreys to remove his shield and damage him. He killed me 4 times and I need help. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to beat him?

MY GEAR/LOADOUT (the first time)

Excalibur lvl 30

Braton lvl 30

Aklato lvl 29

Skana lvl 30

MY GEAR/LOADOUT (that I will have by the end of the day or already have)

Excalibur lvl 30

Boltor Unranked

Twin Vipers lvl 4

Dual Zoren Unranked

Now, I will try to have my Boltor and Dual Zoren at about lvl 10 before trying again so, think ahead a bit. I really want to complete the quest, so, please give me some tips for the Lynx.

Thanks,

-Gefy 

latest?cb=20150203124454&path-prefix=fr

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

Use an AOE weapon to kill the drones in one go.

Orthos Prime for example does this very easily.

Well, I'm not that far in yet to get a Prime anything so, do you hv anything maybe easier to atain?

So, I have just gotten the Archwing quest and it's asking me to kill the Lynx. Now, I know you have  to take down the Lynx Ospreys to remove his shield and damage him. He killed me 4 times and I need help. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to beat him?

MY GEAR/LOADOUT (the first time)

Excalibur lvl 30

Braton lvl 30

Aklato lvl 29

Skana lvl 30

MY GEAR/LOADOUT (that I will have by the end of the day or already have)

Excalibur lvl 30

Boltor Unranked

Twin Vipers lvl 4

Dual Zoren Unranked

Now, I will try to have my Boltor and Dual Zoren at about lvl 10 before trying again so, think ahead a bit. I really want to complete the quest, so, please give me some tips for the Lynx.

Thanks,

-Gefy 

latest?cb=20150203124454&path-prefix=fr

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

I can get you my akmagnus build ^^ 

Working soo good you can even speed run void sabotage with the others guys looking for cache while you are destroying the lynx.

Ok.... meet up when? I have very little time we can meet so, plan carefully. We can meet in maroo's bazaar? maybe. I'm new to this trading thing.

The best strategy with any Warframe is to proc Lynx with Radiation. He immediately loses all his buffs from Ospreys so you can easily kill him. So any weapon with high status chance and radiation works great, or any frame that can cause radiation procs (Oberon, Loki with augment, possibly Nyx)

If you don't have any access to any of decent status weapons (I guess out of beginner weapons Strun shotgun might work, you also get it for credits, so it's cheap and you get it immediately) or can't make radiation (fire+electricity) yet, maybe try saving up some energy and use Exalted Blade on him. Or try to blind him and his Ospreys with Radial Blind, although I don't know how he reacts to blind, it's just a guess. Exalted Blade should work pretty good though, especially since you can shoot the waves through cover. Just make sure you take a leved melee with some damage mods installed, since it scales from mods on your melee weapon.

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

1 minute ago, Gefy said:

Ok.... meet up when? I have very little time we can meet so, plan carefully. We can meet in maroo's bazaar? maybe. I'm new to this trading thing.

I was not saying i would trade you something i was only saying i could show you a build for akmagnus to kill the lynx ^.^ 

Genitive is right with exalted blade you should shred him whats you build on excalibur ?

If you want help i'm online around 8-9 pm EST(gmt-5) sadly i was AFK last 2 weeks but i'm planning to get back on today !

I suggest you to use the Atomos, which has a sweet, sweet chain hit mechanic that will allow you to dispatch of the Ospreys easily. If you farmed for Rhino parts from The Jackal (Venus if I'm not wrong) you may have stumbled upon Ruinous Extension, a mod which allows you to chain hit much further enemies with the Atomos. It's so easy that I'm surprised they didn't nerf it already! You can find the Atomos in the market, it's quite easy to obtain if you ignore the Argon crystals requirements.

Edited by Delasire
Atomos ain't in the clan research, me dummy

4 hours ago, trunks013 said:

I was not saying i would trade you something i was only saying i could show you a build for akmagnus to kill the lynx ^.^ 

Genitive is right with exalted blade you should shred him whats you build on excalibur ?

If you want help i'm online around 8-9 pm EST(gmt-5) sadly i was AFK last 2 weeks but i'm planning to get back on today !

well, I live in the maratimes so I get online  at 4 and... I guess it's not an option sry. plus, I'm not exactly sure what a build is. *Extremley embarrased* but hey, i'm quite new so.... yeah

4 hours ago, Scharkie1333 said:

If you want i can probally just help you defeat it, only problem is ofcourse time differance.

Sure! I would love that! I get on at 4:00 pm in the maratimes so, calucalte that from your  time zone and we can get together and kill him!

5 minutes ago, Gefy said:

well, I live in the maratimes so I get online  at 4 and... I guess it's not an option sry. plus, I'm not exactly sure what a build is. *Extremley embarrased* but hey, i'm quite new so.... yeah

A build is the mod cards that you put on a weapon, and as others above said, just get a fully ranked melee weapon, put on as many damage mods as you can fit at the moment, and throw every exalted blade swing you have at lynx.  But make sure you kill the drones, and watch out for those turrets he spawns.

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12

3 minutes ago, Gefy said:

Sure! I would love that! I get on at 4:00 pm in the maratimes so, calucalte that from your  time zone and we can get together and kill him!

Im online in about 1 hour and will try and keep my game open so you can send me a PM