Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Sayrn and Excal

SpyGhostOtissss

Sayrn's supposed to be a lethal toxicating warframe lady ninja and Excals supposed to be "Balance" warframe and Excalibur is great, but Sayrn is supposed to be a DPS frame and does less dmg than excal? That dont make... sense

watch brozime's video about sayrn vs excal you will see what im talking about

Edited by SpyGhostOtissss
wanted them to know what im actually talkin about

7 minutes ago, SpyGhostOtissss said:

Sayrn's supposed to be a lethal toxicating warframe lady ninja and Excals supposed to be "Balance" warframe and Excalibur is great, but Sayrn is supposed to be a DPS frame and does less dmg than excal? That dont make... sense

she does her damage way more spread out than excal, also she debuffs with viral procs, the 2 frames arent that easily compareable.

Her single AND spread damage potential is the multiple of what excal is able to pull off, given that you know how she works. And believe me, even the most experienced players do not. The meta is strong in this game.

The only thing that rivals her radial dps is excals surging dash playstyle which makes use of the same element that boosts saryns damage: the shadow debt melee mods. I hardly see people use or recommend it tho.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Saryn can quite easily compete with Excalibur. Just use Spores and a status cannon modded for Gas, and you'll be able to melt entire rooms full of enemies with minimal effort. 

Comparing Miasma to Exalted Blade is an unfair comparison, if that's what you're referring to. It's a bit like comparing Radial Javelin to Artemis Bow to prove that Excalibur has worse DPS than Ivara. 

Edited by Gurpgork

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

These two are so different from each other I don't understand why they are constantly compared. Seriously, someone tell me why these two are currently attached at the hip?

Some guy made a YouTube video where he killed a level 80 gunner with RB and EB waves and failed to kill an enemy with spore->tiny toxin proc->miasma.  He ignored the fact that Saryn's damage comes from bouncing spores between targets.  I'd repost it, but it spreads more cancer than spores do.

People seem to forget Saryn can spread her damage very quickly. Sure, EB deals more damage, but it can't eat several rooms at once. 

Saryn might seem weak at higher levels, but it is the fault of broken scaling and EB being too powerful for its own sake.

Edited by Genitive

3 hours ago, SpyGhostOtissss said:

Just 15 min ago:

zZszOiY.jpg

9cj6D7x.jpg

She is letal, i was still able to kill them easely, but i could not approach the support capsule without losing my invisibility AND my combo counter=> one shot and / or no more dps so i was a little bit forced to leave.

Saryn is awesome, deadly and she have more utility in team than excalibur just for her -50% hp everywhere.

Edited by Nesisphira

I love the lack of basic knowledge in this thread.
>Surging dash build
>Dealing damage
choose one.

Anyway, you can compare Excal and Saryn directly and get situations when Excal will right away outperform Saryn, however that won't be an EBlade Excal, but an RJ one. And indeed, RJ Excal can outperform (out-DPS) Saryn in two cases - low level (less than lvl ~40) missions and RJ-focused squad camping due to RJ being fast and having insane AoE. The main difference, however, is that Saryn won't have her damage and utility fall tremendously facing middle-level enemies and she won't need a whole team focused just on her to make it work.

EBlade Excal serves a whole different purpose and can't be really compared to a mobile AoE map clearer, because EBlade is pretty meh at this job. EBlade Excal shouldn't (and won't) outperform Saryn that knows what she's doing untill her damage completely falls off.

3 hours ago, Nesisphira said:

Just 15 min ago:

zZszOiY.jpg

9cj6D7x.jpg

She is letal, i was still able to kill them easely, but i could not approach the support capsule without losing my invisibility AND my combo counter=> one shot and / or no more dps so i was a little bit forced to leave.

Saryn is awesome, deadly and she have more utility in team than excalibur just for her -50% hp everywhere.

What...how...why???

If this doesn't prove how broken Shadow Step is, IDK what will.

i assume you came directly from brozime's video, which would suggest that you have no idea what you're talking about OR how saryn actually works. saryn has the potential to quite easily outdamage excalibur, except excaliber had an optimal build and saryn had a sub-optimal build in sub-optimal conditions in that video.

10 hours ago, SpyGhostOtissss said:

You've probably just watched Brozime which if thats where you got  your information from you've sadly seen a very biased and misinformed source of information.

Below is another video, it has a direct comparison between a PROPERLY built Saryn, PLAYING PROPERLY.  Vs a standard Draco built RJ excal (also built and played properly).  The Saryn out performs the RJ Excal mostly due to RJ's line of sight restrictions and the fact it takes about 20 billion more energy spamming RJ vs 1-2 casts of spore.  Both builds are team oriented nukers that need support, but as you can see Saryn can and will outright demolish RJ Excal in higher end content.  

The issue with Saryn is people are dumb, they try to force the press4 build when realistically reworked Saryn shouldn't be pressing 4 much at all.  Saryn isn't flawless she could really use a bit of extra bulk so she could get into melee better or possibly getting some performance tweaks to make Molt work better vs higher level enemies to again support her being more aggressive especially solo.  

Saryn after the rework is all about making AoE weapons amazing.  She can make weapons like the Ignis, Hikou, and other AoE weapons that usually fall off later in the game due to low damage still pack a late game punch by using spore with its debuff and toxic spreading nature.  Shes a specialized AoE monster who focuses on spore.  Just because you "can" combo doesn't mean you "should" and sadly a lot of people don't seem to realize that.  Saryn RIGHT NOW is in a GREAT place, sadly most of the warframe community doesn't even realize it.  

Edited by Brosephelon

As a person who mains Saryn (Prime) now, Brosephalon hit the nail on the head.

EDIT: I'll also add that for the most part and despite popular opinions, DEvs actually do know what they're doing.

Edited by EirwynTelyn
Additions

10 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

Some guy made a YouTube video where he killed a level 80 gunner with RB and EB waves and failed to kill an enemy with spore->tiny toxin proc->miasma.  He ignored the fact that Saryn's damage comes from bouncing spores between targets.  I'd repost it, but it spreads more cancer than spores do.

Bouncing spores is also but a fragment. The real numbers come from using poison which enchances the poppdamage, spreads the poison together with the spores and scales off crit-weapons, especially melee.

The most important part that guy in the video forgot is that saryn, in contrary to excal, fully benefits from a body count build. He could've just attacked the enemy with a slide crit and killed not only one but a couple of these dudes with the attack but choose to measure her on the strange meta that build around her.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

That Brozime video was so biased there is no way you could take any of that seriously. I won't reiterate what the other posters have said (and they are right) however I will say you shouldn't take everything you see on YouTube as fact. The test he used as criteria was borderline laughable. People should know by now that single target DPS means nothing in this game because 1v1 scenarios never happen. And that god awful build he was using still gives me chills.

Enough about that nonsense already lol. Just use what others here have told you and build her for range on spore and you will always out damage/out kill any Excalibur you'll find.

Edited by (PS4)KikoEschobar

23 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

That Brozime video was so biased there is no way you could take any of that seriously. I won't reiterate what the other posters have said (and they are right) however I will say you shouldn't take everything you see on YouTube as fact. The test he used as criteria was borderline laughable. People should know by now that single target DPS means nothing in this game because 1v1 scenarios never happen. And that god awful build he was using still gives me chills.

Enough about that nonsense already lol. Just use what others here have told you and build her for range on spore and you will always out damage/out kill any Excalibur you'll find.

Or optionally melee for higher scaling on lower spread. Thers a lotta ways to go at her and none of them can be considered weak, not to mention weaker then excal lmao.

And since you mention it, ~45vs~20% totall damage vs excal on my last run and we don't have shadow debt on consoles.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Or optionally melee for higher scaling on lower spread. Thers a lotta ways to go at her and none of them can be considered weak, not to mention weaker then excal lmao.

And since you mention it, ~45vs~20% totall damage vs excal on my last run and we don't have shadow debt on consoles.

Yeah in some ways she is probably a better melee frame than he is which is kinda sad. Once us console dudes get those shadow debt mods my love for her will only grow stronger lol.

Edited by (PS4)KikoEschobar

in my opinion, saryn is the best scaling warframe because of viral procs and corrosive procs on demand. most people forget to count reduced health from viral procs, thatswhy she scales with the enemy level, not only stats. built as melee she does very well and is fun to play, at least for me. im not sure if any other warframe could compete with her...

here is how i play her solo:

1. namaron with crits and shadow step

2. steel charge

3. fast hitting crit weapon with slash damage, body count and blood rush. i prefere tipedo because it has a nice range

4. arcane strike and fury

5. only hit targets with spores on them

sorry for my broken english, i hope you anderstud what i want to say. i just went to this part of the forums, to learn and practice some english

greets

30 minutes ago, SpyGhostOtissss said:

nope, watch brozime's video about sayrn dps vs excal dps

brozime is trying to compare saryns mediocre 4  to excals excellent 4, while most of saryns damage now comes from popping spores, neither he nor you understand where her strentghs lie, so please read up on it before compareing the two.

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

brozime is trying to compare saryns mediocre 4  to excals excellent 4, while most of saryns damage now comes from popping spores, neither he nor you understand where her strentghs lie, so please read up on it before compareing the two.

no offense but do you really think that you know better than a founder of this game warframe? i mean brozime started playing from the begging and you understand better?