The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah, keep nerfing stealth farming

p3z1

Based on experience, here's what I'm getting that seems to nerf stealth farming:

- enemies break stealth counters randomly (even when they get a prompt for a stealth finisher)

- enemies that are fresh spawns can also break stealth counters

- enemies WILL spawn near you. I've gotten instances of enemies spawning BESIDE ME

- clumping enemies, because everyone uses explosives for stealth farming

And this is why Draco seems favored over stealth farming, or co-op > solo

Agreed. I see two different problems with DEs approach. First is that solo grinding affinity is ridiculously inefficient. You only have one option; level up weapons that can kill enemies in one hit every time and pray you don't run into the problems the TC was mentioning. Try taking any weapon which can't kill with the first shot and you will spend days trying to level it. As a result of this places like Draco started happening where they are just affinity farms. Why not just let us queue up for Draco and instead of actually playing the mission it just freezes your game for thirty minutes and you get all the affinity you can get for the day. Let us go make a sandwich while we don't play the game, instead of actively not playing the game while we don't play the game. Cause Draco isn't playing the game. It's checking your Facebook when you get into the office in the morning. Takes half an hour and you get paid. Only in this case; if you decide to not check your Facebook you have to work a double shift with no pay. 

The second issue is that playing solo means you actually have to use the weapons if you want them to rank up. This is a problem because many of the weapons are just terrible. I'm not complaining about them being terrible because I don't care if they are terrible. I'm complaining that I, as a solo player, have to use terrible weapons that group players do not have to use to get them max rank. At this point there is no way someone can claim there is a valid reason why you have to use your weapons to get affinity with them. None. Mastery, or even competency, with the weapon is meaningless as you can take a weapon to Draco and max rank it and dump it while having never fired a single shot with it. Hell; you could make an 8-forma weapon while getting zero kills and never actually having it be in your hands. I have several primary weapons that I just don't have the patience to rank up because I find them unusable. So I'll probably go to Draco to finish them. I have to do something I don't want to do because there is no viable alternative available. Understand that it's not Draco I'm against; its grouping with people. I already group with people for a couple of the sortie types cause it's not particularly feasible to do them solo. That is more than enough social interaction for me and I would like to spend the rest of my game time enjoying the game; not checking Facebook.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:47 PM, (PS4)GothicWaltz said:

I feel you.  When I read serious posts about people doing stealth runs without Loki or Ash, I know they're liars.

A stealth run with Ivara or even Atlas is possible if you dont go around knocking everything over

Also, equip Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar or Stealth Drift, REMOVE your kubrow or sentinel (because both are dumases who will alert the whole world) and equip a one-shot capable silent weapon. Presto, you can stealth with or without invisibility.

On 3/23/2016 at 1:26 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

Stealth in Warframe is broken. It's never really worked beyond Invisible = Yes/No. I wish the game featured a robust Stealth system, but I think anything requiring real AI behavior is out.

Ever got enemies spawning only when you open a door? Probably the worst feeling in stealth farming.

Proven with all those three mods + animal instinct + Ivara,

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Also, equip Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar or Stealth Drift, REMOVE your kubrow or sentinel (because both are dumases who will alert the whole world) and equip a one-shot capable silent weapon. Presto, you can stealth with or without invisibility.

That will work until you meet your first clump of enemies. It is possible to do as you say, but difficult given poor AI and spawn mechanics. These two things need to be vastly improved before we can talk about real stealth.

22 minutes ago, Genitive said:

That will work until you meet your first clump of enemies. It is possible to do as you say, but difficult given poor AI and spawn mechanics. These two things need to be vastly improved before we can talk about real stealth.

Kill one from afar, wait a few seconds till the rest drop their guard (it will be about 15-20s so you will still have your stealth multiplier) rinse and repeat. Stealth is about patience, observation and good planning. The only improvement I would like to see is a buff to stealth timer, make it about 60s so a player can actually maneuver etcetera, maybe adding another big affinity or credit bonus for completing a mission without being detected or not triggering any alarm.

On 3/23/2016 at 1:47 AM, (PS4)GothicWaltz said:

I feel you.  When I read serious posts about people doing stealth runs without Loki or Ash, I know they're liars.

I have done it with some of my frames, just for the lulz. It is not hard to stealth trough the mission if you keep your eyes and ears open and take your time advancing. Wait for an enemy to turn their backs to each other and walk away long enough distance before taking them out one by one. If you can't kill an enemy without alarming the rest of the group, avoid it. Sometimes alarming the group is unavoidable and you lose your stealth multiplier but it is not the end of the world. You can always regain and recover. A non-invisible stealth player has to know his frame and abilities. Excalibur Radial Blind for example does not alert enemies but blinds them so you can pass or stealth-execute them. A player with some intelligence and patience will adapt to his surroundings and find a way to outwit his enemies. In other words, it takes skill. But this takes a lot of practise and discipline.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

You don't actually need to remove your sentinel. You can have your carrier or shade with you without any problems if you take its weapon out and still get their utility benefits. I have not tried Huras Kubrow but I would assume it can still be useful if you remove your attack mods and only leave Prowl on.

1 hour ago, SoanoS said:

You don't actually need to remove your sentinel. You can have your carrier or shade with you without any problems if you take its weapon out and still get their utility benefits. I have not tried Huras Kubrow but I would assume it can still be useful if you remove your attack mods and only leave Prowl on.

Sentinel: remove the weapon, but the little brick won't float at ground level when you crouch to avoid detection, so the enemy won't see you but WILL notice the little robot flying over there and open fire or run to the panel

Kubrow: no, not even Huras, since the lunge WILL alert everyone, also the fact they won't lay low to avoid detection either and will charge all enemies unless you are far away, like, big ceres tile away. Sunika seems to work better when you have two enemies, kill one with a stealth melee finisher and the sunika will finish the other dude without alerting everyone, but again, they will also go hug any other enemy and give you away.

So no, companions aren't presicely made for stealth.

On 23/03/2016 at 2:47 AM, (PS4)GothicWaltz said:

I formaed frost prime, mirage, many others in stealth spy. You get all 3 vaults and then stay and farm respawning enemies with silent bow. Scorches are around 16000 xp with booster.

From time to time I do get the counter just drop for no notable reason, however otherwise I don't have any trouble with stealth farming. Loki + Sao, Neptune is a great combo, since you can get stealth murder along the way, plus vault xp (12k non-boosted, 24k boosted each) and vault rewards. I'm amazed so few solo players do it this way.