Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor Build

Stevedore816

Question

22 answers to this question

6 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

no, it is not. it's optional at best, and negates a decent amount of crit damage at worst.

You really want the math?

Build with serration heavy cal argon scope bladed rounds point strike vital sense and two element mods on headshots:

((225*4.3+225*1.8*4.3)*0.615*2+(225*4.3+225*1.8*4.3)*0.385*6.8*4)*2.67=84641 DPS

Build with serration heavy cal argon scope vile acceleration point strike vital sense and two element mods on headshots:

((225*4.15+225*1.8*4.15)*0.615*2+(225*4.15+225*1.8*4.15)*0.385*4.4*4)*5.073=106186 DPS

As you see, replacing Bladed rounds with Vile acceleration increase your dps by 25%. And even if you calculate sustained dps vile acceleration build still out dps bladed rounds. The only problem with vile acceleration is ammo economy, but Synoid simulor has incredibly low ammo consumtion it makes the mod to have no down side.

Also the fact that you can pump out more rounds per second help the gun a lot in term of crowd control thanks the the stagger effect.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

Serration, Heavy Calibur, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vile Acceleration, 2 elemental, (optional).

I use bladed round in the last slot instead Argon Scope because the addition 12% crit chance seems a bit lacking, if someone can do the calculation would be thankful. But remember that it needs to aiming downside to activate the effect, which is kinda bad for simulor. 

If you don't have both, it is always welcome to put shred, elemental, or split chamber. Speaking of split chamber, in my knowledge this is how it works for now.

Split chamber would not double your orbs when fire, instead it decreases the amount of stack to create the mini blackhole. For example, w/o split chamber, you will need stacking Four orbs to create a blackhole. With Split Chamber, you only needs Two.

AND also, the more orbs you're stacking, the more damage it will do. So with the split chamber, when you stacking the orbs one time, it will do more damage then stacking orb one time with split chamber, And same damage when stacking Two times.  When you're stacking second times with split chamber it will reach the maximum damage it can does, same with stacking four times of orbs without split chamber. 

This is what I heard from others, I'll need some evidence to prove it but even it is true, vile acceleration do the job.

I went full damage build with Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, 4 elementals and one elem+status mod.

I ought to say that Simulor, as any other AoE weapon, works just great with Mirage built for her 1st ability and self buff with 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Suncake said:

I went full damage build with Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, 4 elementals and one elem+status mod.

I ought to say that Simulor, as any other AoE weapon, works just great with Mirage built for her 1st ability and self buff with 3rd.

isn't split chamber bad for the simulors though? 

According to the 18.6.3 patch notes, they fixed something about Multishot not working with the Simulor on clients.

Is anyone able to confirm whether this means that the SSimulor actually has multishot now, or is it the same "Split Chamber = faster orb stacking" as usual? If SC actually doubles damage for the SSimulor now, then there are going to be loads of players who need to alter their builds.

I noticed that Split chamber doubles the damage of the elemental damage but not the damage per stack it gives. I also did not notice any changes in the singularity becoming multishot with the mod. Does this mean split chamber still isn't viable for a synoid simulor build? Is the serration-heavycal-vitalsense-2elementals still the best build for it atm?

15 hours ago, Stevedore816 said:

I just tested the Simulors Multi Shot Build and it hasnt been working, so i will be doing the crit build next with the mods Obvious Suggested

have you tested the build i suggested yet? remember that argon scope and bladed rounds' extra damage will only kick in while using focus fire

54 minutes ago, ProjectSaberX7 said:

@ClinkzEastwood  This may be a noob question. But what can I replace Argon scope with? I'd love to buy argon scope..but it's 350-400p...So I was wondering if there are any mods that could replace it somewhat effectively. 

go with a third elemental mod. thats what i am doing because i dont like aiming with the Simulor. i like running around and feeding the small vortexes.

and ClinkzEastwood is right about the Vile Acceleration. It makes the Simulor so much better

3 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

I don't understand people who builds Simulor for critical hit.

Big AoE headshots. The crit chance is high enough that in a crowd you'll see a lot of crits hitting. And since they're mostly headshots you'll be getting the extra damage multiplier as well. Of course, it's not necessary to build for crit, since the Synoid Simulor is a monster it works really well with just an elemental build as well. I echo the sentiment that either way you'll probably want Vile Acceleration to stack the orbs quickly.

On 3/24/2016 at 3:34 AM, Suncake said:

just add  vile acceleration insted of 1 status mod.... that is best build u can have.......

15 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

I don't understand people who builds Simulor for critical hit.

As @SaturnKnight said, it's for the gigantic headshot multipliers. If we only consider bodyshots, then the two builds deal similar DPS-- but since critical headshots deal 4x damage (as opposed to the 2x that noncrit headshots deal), crit builds wind up doing a lot more DPS since nearly all AoE hits are headshots.

I personally stick with noncrit builds for the higher minimum damage, but if you want to sacrifice some trash-mob-wiping reliability but gain heavy-unit-wrecking in return (or if you have Argon Scope), then crit builds are definitely nice to have.

7 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

The build with highest dps is serration vile acceleration heavy cal vital sense point strike 2x elementals argon scope.

you forgot bladed rounds, and vile acceleration isn't really necessary

Edited by ObviousLee