The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do nullifiers still exist?

Tar_Spit_Fire

56 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

ell as Nova/Banshee Energy max kinda show where you're play level is at,

you were questioning my player level just because i don't use primed flow so i was showing you my average T3 and sorties 

oh and for your infromation i have a fully maxed vitality steel fiber and  Redirection i just dont use them on nova or banshee

Edited by hazerddex

9 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

you were questioning my player level just because i don't use primed flow so i was showing you my average T3 and sorties 

oh and for your infromation i have a fully maxed vitality steel fiber and  Redirection i just dont use them on nova or banshee

Yea and you showed me a 1h20m survival in which someone else doubled your damage and kill rate and a Sorties which is prolly the lowest level of accomplishment these days.

A guy in my clan started playing a week ago and he can out Damage people in Sorties. There's no way of knowing what mission that is and you're grouped. Nothing can really be proven from either of those pics. In any group situation another player could have "The right weapon" and alleviate the Nullifier problem for you. As I've said before they're fairly trivial as long as you use the right weapons.

I did mention the energy level but most of all I said the Sentinel. There comes a point when you've nothing better to do than max your sentinel.

Players who have reached this point have usually played against high level content enough to see that running into a Nullifier bubble is suicide and that the deficiency they inflict on low fire rate weapons is a serious problem. The problem exist at all levels of play which is why I would never completely exclude someone's argument but it snowballs as the enemy level increases, I can stand there a shoot a Nullifier bubble with a bow/sniper just fine before level 60, esp with Chroma. The problem is how long it takes compares to other weapons and that it punishes you for using a skillful weapon, which is a sin in any shooter.

I have no problem with one weapon being better than another against a certain enemy but not when it's an entire group of weapons.

and some people dont level there sentinels shields because they just dont care even if theirs nothing else to do i have about 600 gold 300 bronze and 100 silver fusion cores so i could if i wanted to but i just dont feel like maxing out stuff on my sentinel i dont relay on it unless its to scan but with void enemies i already have my codex full with them so i dont need to worry about it getting killed before scanning 

but if you want to judge a players level by if they max there seitinals level thats your problem buddy i dont do that because people have different playstyles 

and the enemies im talking about are usually over level 100 maybe you should take notice of that instead of a bias judgement of some ones tiny robot there for mastery ranking 

Edited by hazerddex

7 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

and some people dont level there sentinels shields because they just dont care even if theirs nothing else to do i have about 600 gold 300 bronze and 100 silver fusion cores so i could if i wanted to but i just dont feel like maxing out stuff on my sentinel i dont relay on it unless its to scan but with void enemies i already have my codex full with them so i dont need to worry about it getting killed before scanning 

but if you want to judge a players level by if they max there seitinals level thats your problem buddy i dont do that because people have different playstyles 

and the enemies im talking about are usually over level 100 maybe you should take notice of that instead of a bias judgement of some ones tiny robot there for mastery ranking 

It's just deduction based on experience. It's not infallible. I often do underestimate the weird and senseless things warframe players do.

" and the enemies im talking about are usually over level 100 "  - Weird, cuz the Nullifier in your example of "How deal with a Nullifier" says lvl 30.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

It's just deduction based on experience. It's not infallible. I often do underestimate the weird and senseless things warframe players do.

" and the enemies im talking about are usually over level 100 "  - Weird, cuz the Nullifier in your example of "How deal with a Nullifier" says lvl 30.

because i have not had time to take an image of void mission nuilifiers. and the thread did not specify level it was just complaining about nulifiers in general in corpus missions as well as void and the highest level corpus planet is 33 to 35 minus sorties 

But guess what? Every time i wanted to bring a banshee with a bow out and do some high level corpus/void missions, Nullifiers just made me change my mind.

Edited by hazerddex

8 hours ago, hazerddex said:

also if you want to use a sniper after you break a nilfiy field wth a rapid fire pistol then nothings stopping you from switching back to your sniper rifle you argument is because i have an automatic pistol i have to use it all the time only one stopping you from switching back to your sniper rilfe is YOU no one else 

You do know that the act of swapping weapons away from your sniper rifle effectively breaks your killshot chain and resets your damage bonuses? Given the mechanics behind sniper rifle use, nullifiers do more then just pose an inconvenience, they can literally halve your effective DPS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I don't mind nulls, I mind them having snipers and op weapons...they should have some lower tier weapon as they are already OP with their shields covering hordes of enemies.

7 hours ago, VRHmason said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I don't mind nulls, I mind them having snipers and op weapons...they should have some lower tier weapon as they are already OP with their shields covering hordes of enemies.

Nullifiers in no way are OP.

2 hours ago, bbeeaann said:

-SNIP-

lol exact what I said in my first post in this thread. Then what is the point to bring a sniper in the first place when you have to go into point blank range? "SNIPER", and you know what mindlessly smash through missions? automatic weapons.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Play the latest sortie excavation then come back.

I did it earlier.  They're not OP.

Different enemies require different strategies.  But many people want to use THIS warframe everywhere.  Or THIS primary everywhere.  If they can't, they complain.

Bring a Frost.  Bring a Mag.  I took an Ember.

But if someone can't take their favorite Banshee with their favorite bow, then the game is unfair.

1 minute ago, fatpig84 said:

As I said before, DE only needs to make 1 change.
Bows and Sniper rifles to completely ignores the Nuliifer dome.

No changes are need for auto weapons anyway, I mean a MK 1 braton still breaks it down faster than a bow.

Poor grinlok 

18 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

No changes are need for auto weapons anyway, I mean a MK 1 braton still breaks it down faster than a bow.

this, basically solve the problem

32 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

But on <this enemy> a bow kills it faster than an MK 1 braton.  So isn't that unfair as well?

7 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

But on <this enemy> a bow kills it faster than an MK 1 braton.  So isn't that unfair as well?

Yes but for a bow, you have to aim and shoot him in the globe.
If you miss, you not only waste an arrow, you do nothing to shrink his globe, it is still remain as big as ever. Fair enough trade off ?

Look auto guns are overpowered until AOE weapons like synoid Simulor and Tonkor made them 2nd fiddle. Which no doubt will get hit by the nerf bat soon, since explosives can still do head crit damage (try it with Synoid Simulor, it is obvious with the swirling vortex). Post nerf, they will be way less powerful. Thus closing the gap even more.

Full autoguns are also infinitely a lot easier to shoot with than with a bow when you are facing a mob.
Anything else ?

Edited by fatpig84

42 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Full autoguns are also infinitely a lot easier to shoot with than with a bow when you are facing a mob.
Anything else ?

So we agree that just like everything else in the world, the weapons in warframe have pros and cons.

37 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

So we agree that just like everything else in the world, the weapons in warframe have pros and cons.

All have pros and cons.
Just that some have more cons than pros.

Bows and snipers don't have any appreciable pros to them, considering a Tonkor can multi kill hordes while bows and snipers can only kill 1 to 3 enemies (if they happen to be in a line) while using the same ammo type.

I say it is fair they get an adjustment and some advantage,

You know. The biggest complaint with Nullifiers seem to be their single-shot weapon countering. Here's my tip to you.

Enter the bubble. The actual crewman is absolutely made of paper. You can even kill him through the Corrupted Ancient damage reduction. And hey, peoples favourite weapon (Tonkor) doesn't even deal self damage.

43 minutes ago, akira_him said:

currently there are only cons for snipers considering the rework totally fxxked up hip fire

sniper rifles inherently suck due to their mechanics in a fast paced game with hundreds of enemies.  There is no escaping that fact.

5 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

You know. The biggest complaint with Nullifiers seem to be their single-shot weapon countering. Here's my tip to you.

Enter the bubble. The actual crewman is absolutely made of paper. You can even kill him through the Corrupted Ancient damage reduction. And hey, peoples favourite weapon (Tonkor) doesn't even deal self damage.

That's what I do.  Rush, slide in, melee attack, then cast whatever I want.

Overlapping nullifiers are more difficult, but isn't that what the game is supposed to be?

24 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

All have pros and cons.
Just that some have more cons than pros.

Bows and snipers don't have any appreciable pros to them, considering a Tonkor can multi kill hordes while bows and snipers can only kill 1 to 3 enemies (if they happen to be in a line) while using the same ammo type.

I say it is fair they get an adjustment and some advantage,

How exactly would you realistically adjust a bow to the equivalent of a grenade launcher?