Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 17 test

-Bau

Question

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the master rank 17 test (timed exterminate with orbs that are supposed to give 8 seconds).... I don't know if it's the change in scenery (the room graphics, and layout) or if something else has changed...but......  In practice, I can complete this test with ease... having 15-30 seconds left on the clock after hitting 4-5 orbs........  the videos I watch do the same ..... when I take the actual test (I have failed 4 times now) I am only receiving 4 seconds for each orb and haven't made it to the fourth orb yet....   by the time the fourth orbs spawns, I am heading toward it with 4 seconds left, no matter what I do, even using Excalibur to hit them from a distance......    just wondering if I am the fail, or there really is a difference between practice and the test?   Thank You

Edited by -Bau

24 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

How do you bullet jump? Just look or point with gun and jump then press button that make you slide/flip/spin while jumping in air?

The name is misleading, it just refers to the speed of the movement. Hold your crouch button, look straight up and press jump while still holding crouch. You will jump straight upwards. Aim where you want to go with your crosshair. Practice makes perfect. Also practice holding your run key, then going into a slide by holding crouch, then pressing jump while still holding crouch to make a sliding bullet jump. As you can see in the video it only takes about 4 seconds to get across the entire level using this method. Remember you have to hold crouch when jumping, otherwise you will only do a regular jump.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

Do you have to shoot the orbs or run into them?

You must melee them to increase your timer.

I haven't had any problem with the test in practice... Even going as far as taking Rhino with Arcane Thrak helmet to slow him down. I don't see why practice version would be different than the actual test either but I'm past MR17.

You should equip the fastest frame you got, put on as much mobility as you can, use bullet jump instead of ramps to move between floors and focus more on the orbs than on killing the enemy. You should always be heading toward an orb if one exists.

Passed, finally, with ember. made it as easy as practice with loki, or rhino, or excal, or ash, or nova, or zephyr.... not sure what was up with the difference between practice and the test... and I will never know. ty all for the kind and helpful responses.

On March 26, 2016 at 4:33 AM, -Bau said:

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the master rank 17 test (timed exterminate with orbs that are supposed to give 8 seconds).... I don't know if it's the change in scenery (the room graphics, and layout) or if something else has changed...but......  In practice, I can complete this test with ease... having 15-30 seconds left on the clock after hitting 4-5 orbs........  the videos I watch do the same ..... when I take the actual test (I have failed 4 times now) I am only receiving 4 seconds for each orb and haven't made it to the fourth orb yet....   by the time the fourth orbs spawns, I am heading toward it with 4 seconds left, no matter what I do, even using Excalibur to hit them from a distance......    just wondering if I am the fail, or there really is a difference between practice and the test?   Thank You

Having the same issues. I have thread posted about mastery rank 17 tests is hard due to the fact it's like the lottery need to be lucky in having the orbs spawn in reasonable distance in order to reach it.

Most in the posts I have other Tenno keep saying the tests easy, easy, need to practice in relay etc...

i keep pointing out that practicing tests and actual real tests will give different outcome and only thing can do in relay is practice by studying the layout and etc... But the orbs will not spawn the same order and crazy part if an orb spawn above you I know the tests is already failed. 

Well good luck and keep trying as I'm doing the same. I know some Tenno will keep saying use ember, use this and they use that and the tests is easy easy dude...

It's a test of Parkour skills from movement 2.0, use it. If you haven't learnt how to bullet jump, do the movement tutorial and you will pass it with ease. I did the test for a challenge with the slowest frame Atlas, a Hobbled Dragon key, a short range dagger for the orbs and a Vectis sniper rifle to shoot the enemies.

And I've got bad news for you. The MR 21 test is the same thing only on a bigger map with more levels so learn the movement system. Hold down your crouch button, aim your mouse/controller where you want to go and press jump. Or start running, hold crouch button to slide and press jump while sliding. Practice it and master it.

Edited by Zilchy

I remember the post yesterday about this and before I went to bed I did it with my slow trinity,  with a dark dagger and a shotty to for the mobs.  Just focus on getting to orbs and kill whatever mobs run up to you (they are infested, they don't hide) orb to orb, couple kills in between.   Passed it no issues with plenty of time to spare.

4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I'll take that challenge. When I finish work in 8 hours from this post, I'll complete it 5 times in a row and show you how easy it is.

Well I know some can pass the mastery rank 17 tests. I been trying and practicing it a lot. I notice it's more going to be lucky with and how the orbs spawn. I always get the orbs spawning far far part and I try to move quick by jumping, slide, jump bullet something but somehow I end up falling down not near to the orb. I hate when an orb spawn above me and it's like no way to make it in time cause can't climb or use the wall to jump or glide on it. 

When I was doing research on YouTube notice those videos were old version of mastery rank 17 and got to start with 25 seconds and melee an orb get 15 seconds added to time. Plus was allowed to climb wall to reach upper level. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

Well I know some can pass the mastery rank 17 tests. I been trying and practicing it a lot. I notice it's more going to be lucky with and how the orbs spawn. I always get the orbs spawning far far part and I try to move quick by jumping, slide, jump bullet something but somehow I end up falling down not near to the orb. I hate when an orb spawn above me and it's like no way to make it in time cause can't climb or use the wall to jump or glide on it. 

When I was doing research on YouTube notice those videos were old version of mastery rank 17 and got to start with 25 seconds and melee an orb get 15 seconds added to time. Plus was allowed to climb wall to reach upper level. 

Well don't worry it'll be the new version I'll record, in about 2 hours time. Honestly it's all just a test of mastering the bullet jump to get to areas quicker, evasion and advanced movement testing. Since a lot of people think it's down to random spawning luck and the time you're given, I'll stand still for the first 5 seconds of each test, just to make it tougher to get that first orb. You can choose what frame and weapons I use for each of the 5 tests too if you like, assuming I have the weapon in question.

Edited by Zilchy

Video will be up as soon as the upload is complete. I waited till there was 8 seconds left to grab the first orb except on the last run cos I handicapped myself for it. Did the first run with Ember to show how ridiculously easy it is using her, then used all the slow frames: Chroma, Frost, Vauban and did the last run with a Dragon hobbled key on the slowest frame Atlas. Mixed up the weaponry as well, generally using single shot weapons and random melees.

Edited by Zilchy

19 minutes ago, chairogom said:

Old version Orb get extended time of 15 seconds → 7seconds

Why not? too hard

It's hard for me me. I would prefer the old version that allows to use the wall to climb etc to get upper floor. If they left it at 18 seconds and orb with 7 seconds i might actual pass this mastery rank tests. Only if we were allowed to use the wall/beam. 

8 minutes ago, Amihai said:

Too hard now. ONE error and you loose.

Can't do it with Volt(!)

Your profile says "JOINED 29 March 2016" and you're trying the MR 17 test. Draco is a lovely place isn't it? Practice movement / parkour more...

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Enjoy. Concentrate on the orbs, not the enemy. You can kill them anytime but you need to keep the timer going constantly. Learn to bullet jump and you'll do it with ease.

How do you bullet jump? Just look or point with gun and jump then press button that make you slide/flip/spin while jumping in air?