Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk: One small buff...

[DE]Momaw

When shotguns got buffed, one of the important things that was changed was that the damage falloff over range was limited to 1/2...Every pellet would always do a minimum of 1/2 normal damage regardless of range.

However, this round of buffs missed the Brakk, which currently has a minimum damage of 1/4 instead.

Give its enormous spray pattern and now-unremarkable damage, don't think it would be overpowered to have the falloff adjusted to meet shotgun standards.

44 minutes ago, Momaw said:

When shotguns got buffed, one of the important things that was changed was that the damage falloff over range was limited to 1/2...Every pellet would always do a minimum of 1/2 normal damage regardless of range.

However, this round of buffs missed the Brakk, which currently has a minimum damage of 1/4 instead.

Give its enormous spray pattern and now-unremarkable damage, don't think it would be overpowered to have the falloff adjusted to meet shotgun standards.

The shotgun buff ignored the secondary shotguns (pyrana, brakk, mara/detron, kohmak)

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

The shotgun buff ignored the secondary shotguns (pyrana, brakk, mara/detron, kohmak)

I'm specifically talking about the damage falloff though.  Pyrana and Detron don't have any.  Not actually sure on the Kohmak.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Even after the nerf its still the best which is crazy

29 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Why do you say Brakk is the best? And how would you explain the fact that almost nobody is using it?

I have to agree with (PS4)Ozone as well. Brakk is still the best. Favorite sidearm & i use it all the time. No i wasnt around when Brakk was OP like everyone says but I love it. The fact that nobody is using it because not everyone like pocket shotguns. Not everyone gonna like a certain weapon. Cant really judge the weapon based on no one using it.

There are over probably a little over 20 sidearms? With over that many sidearms. Of course you arent gonna see someone use a weapon you use all the time. Not to mention the only way to obtain it is through G3. Which you can call from the beacons or Law of Retribution raid. The weapons nobody uses. Are the weapons most valuable/interesting.

Also the shotgun buff didnt apply to secondary shotguns.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

I would say that this courtesy should be extended to all shotty secondaries as opposed to just brakk. Also, on a side note, can we up bronco line's base dmg a bit? I love my bronco p (unironically) but it's kinda annoying that the closest damage comparison for the line is the friggin mk1 strun

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I have to agree with (PS4)Ozone as well. Brakk is still the best. Favorite sidearm & i use it all the time. No i wasnt around when Brakk was OP like everyone says but I love it. The fact that nobody is using it because not everyone like pocket shotguns. Not everyone gonna like a certain weapon. Cant really judge the weapon based on no one using it.

There are over probably a little over 20 sidearms? With over that many sidearms. Of course you arent gonna see someone use a weapon you use all the time. Not to mention the only way to obtain it is through G3. Which you can call from the beacons or Law of Retribution raid. The weapons nobody uses. Are the weapons most valuable/interesting.

Also the shotgun buff didnt apply to secondary shotguns.

best secondary? nah sonicore and atomos want a word. and can the brakk send a level 400 corrupted gunner flying(blast knockdown cc...lol) like the sonicore can?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

So buff the best secondaries' stats? I don't think so

get your head out of the past what is this 2014? its not the best secondary in the game its far from it at its effective range you might has well be using the sonicore it AOE's and knocks enemies down and then you have the static core that does so much more damage and has a small AOE then you got both marelocks that do all their damage at close or any range I could go on but then I would be listing about 10 more sidearms.

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

best secondary? nah sonicore and atomos want a word. and can the brakk send a level 400 corrupted gunner flying(blast knockdown cc...lol) like the sonicore can?

Well I didnt say it was the Best Secondary but it is the best in its sidearm shotgun category. No it cant send a level 400 gunner flying. But lets be honest here. Level 400? You aint gonna be killing anything at that level. Best thing you can relay on is finishers & Snipers if you can get headshot after headshot. Can really use that situation to make it seem like the Brakk is weak. Sonicor can ragdoll enemies but will it kill at lvl 400? Plus distance targets out of the Sonicor range can still one shot you.  

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Nah man brakk out dps's Lex prime sorry to burst your bubble.

Did you even play or just being a wfbuilder hero? Using the exact same build on both weapons (THE 3 mods, THE 2 primed crit mods, 2 elementals [corro] + Primed heated charge) will make the lex prime kill faster due to it's higher and more reliable crit chance. Tested both against ancient and corpus tech lvl 135. Lex Prime wins by far.

Then we got staticor. While not having all dat sick of a DPS value, it kills armored grineer faster than any other secondary due to it being able to have radiation and corrosive, coupled with it's high status chance to shred armor.

Then we got sonicor that just sends enemies flying into nirvana. Best CC gun out there.

So yeah, what have we learned? On paper DPS isn't everything and Brakk is so 2014.

Just now, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Crit chance is measured per pellet dude so its more reliable than Lex lol even with 10% less crit chance. More bullets=more effective crit rate. Also bind your fire to your scroll wheel.

Doesn't make a difference due to brakk's low magazine size. And no it's not more reliable lol. Test both and then come back ;)

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Lex Prime > Brakk any day.

im gonna do some calculations, not sure if they're 100% right or not but we'll see.

the brakk has an average per shot damage of around 11k with:

hornet strike - barrel diffusion - lethal torrent - hydraulic crosshairs

primed pistol gambit - primed target cracker - element 1 - element 2

since it can shoot 8 rounds a second, thats around 55k burst DPS before it has to reload. however the reload is only 1 second, unlike the lex's 2.3

the lex, using the same build, does an average of around 16k per shot. however, it only has a fire rate of 3.3 so it gets a burst DPS of around 53k, which is pretty comparable to the brakk. so on paper, they're about equal as far as a 1 second burst.

however the brakk pulls out ahead as far as sustained DPS, and the lex pulls out ahead as far as range. so really it's personal preference

edit: warframe-builder says the brakk would have a burst of over 100k and the lex, around 50k?? so idk

Edited by marshmellory

6 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

im gonna do some calculations, not sure if they're 100% right or not but we'll see.

the brakk has an average per shot damage of around 11k with:

hornet strike - barrel diffusion - lethal torrent - hydraulic crosshairs

primed pistol gambit - primed target cracker - element 1 - element 2

since it can shoot 8 rounds a second, thats around 55k burst DPS before it has to reload. however the reload is only 1 second, unlike the lex's 2.3

the lex, using the same build, does an average of around 16k per shot. however, it only has a fire rate of 3.3 so it gets a burst DPS of around 53k, which is pretty comparable to the brakk. so on paper, they're about equal as far as a 1 second burst.

however the brakk pulls out ahead as far as sustained DPS, and the lex pulls out ahead as far as range. so really it's personal preference

Please...i don't need paper work. Go in-game, test and then say it again. 

7 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

Can you consistently hold steady headshotting aim (including recoil) and click 8 times per second?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

1:Yes

2:Bind your trigger to your mouse wheel

I can actually click at that rate, but not everyone can. Mousewheel trigger isn't necessarily any easier, really, it's still awkward by requiring you to meter your scroll speed or having to reset your digit's position to scroll again;  you're likely run out of wheel to push before you've fired 5 rounds if you just scroll as much as possible, depending on actual mouse structure. Mine lets me shoot three times before I hit the back of the wheel arch with my usual scrolling habit.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

I know you like your shiny golden pistol but just accept the truth. The lumpy brick is better

Brakk's my secondary of choice.

I'd like it to have some nerfs reverted since they were done due to its power comparitive to primary shotguns before their buff.

28 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

edit: warframe-builder says the brakk would have a burst of over 100k and the lex, around 50k?? so idk

This is why you should NEVER rely on wfbuilder!!

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

I know you like your shiny golden pistol but just accept the truth. The lumpy brick is better

You're purely blinded by on-paper dps while not making your own experience.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind if you like the brakk more. Play it, hold it, love it. But i'm gonna keep my lex prime for obvious reasons. I'm not trying to advertise you anything, just wanna keep things clear and straight.

Anyway, since noone is going to give in, i'm gonna switch back to on-topic now:

7 hours ago, Momaw said:

I won't mind. But i'm pretty sure you should spare your weapon suggestions for after Damage 3.0. I doubt DE's gonna buff/nerf anything before Damage 3.0

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Brakk has great damage within a couple of meters.  Lex Prime has great damage as far as you can aim.  There is simply no comparison.

Got no recording programs right now. Mind if you record a video about brakk vs lex prime with exactly the mods: (Hornet, Barrel, Lethal, P. Target, P. Pistol G, Convulsion, Pathogen Rounds and P. Heated Charge) while point blank shooting against an ancient and/or corpus tech? Also no headshots to get a better vision of the damage. Preferably lvl 135 too so they don't die too fast (if you're MR21 that is).

Edited by IceColdHawk