Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Mans Sky

(PSN)zeratul____12

So been reading up a bit more on this game and I am very excited to see where it goes, it looks like a Sci-fi nerds dream. and of course the fact that even if you spent ever day in the game you would never see even half of the planets in the game, that is so cool.

So I'd like to team up with other players and form a kind of space fleet. With the Fighters defending the fleet and everyone else doing what is good for them.

So what are your thoughts on No Mans Sky.

I will play it just because its a "space-sim" (Yay for the resurrection of the genre) but I dont really have high expectations for it, not a fan of the graphics style, the flight mechanics have looked way to simple in the videos I seen and I have serious doubts about how fun it will be to visit procedurally generated planet after procedurally generated planet.

I am hoping my impression is wrong and that it is fun but I am not eagerly counting down the days to its release.

I think it's a step into a really big field that nobody's tried before. Not many games have fully randomly-generated worlds, let alone universes with countless worlds that are also subsets of the procedural generation. The almost infinite number of possibilities interests me, and the fact that they're going to be regularly adding new assets for a length of time to expand that almost-infinite pool is just amazing. 

Definitely looking forward to it, and I'm certainly going to get it if I have the opportunity.

Some people are just not going to get this game. That's okay, even the lead developer was fine with that. I am personally pretty excited for this game. I like solo games and this one looks fantastic, the reviews coming out on the experience at the latest game expo was really favorable and the sixty dollar price tag doesn't bother me. I'll support Hello Games, I like their presence and outlook on the gaming industry and it's current stagnation. A game like No Man's Sky took a lot of courage to create in a sea of FPS. 

I'd suggest looking up Space Engineers, Elite Dangerous, and Infinity:Quest for Earth. The last one is a lot like No Mans Sky and Elite Dangerous having a space sim baby. Not many people know about it, but it's pretty fantastic on its potential if it gets some kick starter love. If anything it's another interesting Procedural Generated game in its infancy. 

Lastly, I want No Man's Sky to do well. Hopefully other studios will look at combining their Ips with Procedural Generation to get that open world effect. Take Mass Effect or even say Warframe itself with giant open space maps to explore, the virtual sky would be the limit as Hardware gets better and better. 

On 2016-03-31 at 11:03 AM, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

A game has never had this amount of content, i mean there are 18,000,000,000,000 planets in the game! thats just insane!

its all proc-generated like MC worlds , nothing impresive just same creatures in difirent sizes colores or shapes , same whit worlds and ships , but I hope it will be interesting

Edited by bad4youLT

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

its all proc-generated like MC worlds , nothing impresive just same creatures in difirent sizes colores or shapes , same whit worlds and ships , but I hope it will be interesting

Depending on how intricate their procedural generation algorithms and seeds are (which they seem to be astronomically complex and took the most development), it very much won't be a case of same creature but different color and size.

My guess is that it will be far more complex than even SPORE's creature generation algorithms.

As for worlds, also very doubtful. If you've played Minecraft then you know that procedural generation can create some pretty unique landscapes. Paired with the fact that the developers created a fictional table of elements which factor into geology....

I'm just super stoked for this game. My inner Jean Luc Picard can barely contain himself.

I'm of two minds about it.

On the one hand, it seems like the kind of game I can really get into. On the other, I think I'm largely done with explore/craft-em-ups. I'll likely be able to experience the same feeling of discovery just by watching someone else play the game.

At its core, this is a game about seeing what the math makes for you to see. When I look at it that way, there isn't much to be had from playing that you can't also get just by watching.

I'm looking forward to it. 

It seems like a game that you can jump into when you are frustrated with other games. 

I mean, for me at least, jumping into a space ship and exploring the galaxy sounds like a super chill experience 

5 minutes ago, -TP-CaptWalker said:

I'm really excited for this game first because i will always see something new even after years of gameplay i am just hoping for the developers not to add dlc or payed content.

Well if they want to expand the world they would need some form of way to get funds, preferably in the form of DLC like new ship classes 

Just now, -TP-CaptWalker said:

i can accept that but not to add p2W guns or ships 

Well I read back up on it and apparently it wont be as online as I thought. From what I have heard itll be more akin to sharing the world with a handful of other users but they will be scattered all over the place and there is no way to track them down :(

Just now, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Well I read back up on it and apparently it wont be as online as I thought. From what I have heard itll be more akin to sharing the world with a handful of other users but they will be scattered all over the place and there is no way to track them down :(

i heard that too they say it will be hard as *** to find other players outside the trade zones 

Surely the game holds so much promise with a potential to actually pull more than any game if it does really, but I'm not too hype with something after several Hype-twisted genres used to attract a lot of attention that ended into flops and disappointment.

Just don't get too excited just yet until it is released. That's all I'm saying.

(For rants:)

Or have Han Solo stab right through his chest first, Batman shooting miniguns across the border of two cities, Master of Orion Remastered forgetting a reality check, Payday 2 releasing Safes that requires both cash and DLC's to open, HoMM not exactly home anymore through its carbon-copy paywall of episodes and Titanfall releasing a sequel too soon.