Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a drop table glitch, or is this just really bad rng? Miter Blade...

Tesseract7777

Question

I know how bad rng can be sometimes, but I am starting to get a little paranoid that something accidentally messed up with the drop table for lech kril and vor, perhaps in one of the more recent updates. It could have flown under the radar because the Miter and Panthera are not popular weapons to farm for or build, and neither are the Twin Gremlins. 

I have done 42 runs over the past two days. And I have not seen a single Miter Blade. I have seen plenty of everything else. I would add that I acquired and got rid of the Panthera twice in the past, and both of those times I got all the parts and even the gremlins bp as well within the first ten-twelve tries easily. Am I just experiencing bad rng? 

Can someone confirm for me that they have had the Miter Blade drop recently from Lech Kril and Captain Vor on Phobos? I am okay with getting bad luck sometimes, although this is starting to get really frustrating and hair pulling, but I just want confirmation that the drop table is not borked, and that I am not entirely wasting my time in a futile effort. I just want reassurance that the continuation of my sad, sad grind, is actually worth it. I really want to experience the Miter itself, it actually does have it's uses for spreading slash procs and is somewhere between a bow and the opticor in a way. I just want to make sure I am not going crazy here... really getting frustrated lol. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

14 answers to this question

My story with RNG, when Equinox came out i did 16 and within i got all the parts i needed but then i went full retard and sold the day and night BP which means Its Hammer Time, again, and so i went and done over 48 (including the first runs) in total just to get until i gave up and decided to solo the boss and got it within 2-4 runs!

Moral of the story, soloing the bosses increases the chances while going pugs decreases the chances, how the math works here i do not know but i know this, RNG can be really annoying at times and the best thing you can do is solo the missions few times then go solo few times to balance the odds.

Good luck, Tenno.

39 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I've been having the same thing >.>

Interesting. When did you start having the problem? Roughly how many runs have you done do you think? 

To everyone else, thanks for answers, but I know rng can be bad sometimes, as I said. I mean, even if it meant taking me 100 runs or something, if I knew it would eventually be rewarded I would be okay with that. I know luck can be bad. But, Warframe gets constantly updated and one thing can easily break or mess up all kinds of other unrelated things. And like I said, something like this could go under the radar because most people farming Phobos are doing so for Trinity. 

But all I need is for anyone to confirm that they have had the Miter Blade drop from them recently, like in the past few days/weekish, to disprove my paranoia fueled by getting burnt out farming over and over. I am very likely just getting bad luck, but I would love some confirmation for sure. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Interesting. When did you start having the problem? Roughly how many runs have you done do you think? 

To everyone else, thanks for answers, but I know rng can be bad sometimes, as I said. I mean, even if it meant taking me 100 runs or something, if I knew it would eventually be rewarded I would be okay with that. I know luck can be bad. But, Warframe gets constantly updated and one thing can easily break or mess up all kinds of other unrelated things. And like I said, something like this could go under the radar because most people farming Phobos are doing so for Trinity. 

But all I need is for anyone to confirm that they have had the Miter Blade drop from them recently, like in the past few days/weekish, to disprove my paranoia fueled by getting burnt out farming over and over. I am very likely just getting bad luck, but I would love some confirmation for sure. 

It was a while ago, but I've done it so much that I've stopped trying all that time ago >.>

Interesting. Could have been a problem for a while now... the Miter is trashed so hardcore by most of the community, that most players aren't going to actively farm for it. 

Also interesting how some of the responses talk about "rng", but no one has come forward yet admitting to getting a miter blade any time in the semi-recent past. 

if that Mission wasn't so boring (full on Bosses, meaning most of your time is spent standing around basically AFK), i'd start playing it now to see if i come up with different results.
sorry.

all i can say is when i wanted to get parts for another Miter when Panthera was released (which would have been the last time i played that Mission) i did build another Miter since i have a Panthera.

30 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

playing alone changes Reward Chances

complete conjecture, with no scientific basis whatsoever. not true.

2 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

i mean .... i've got like 0 miter chassis and 10 of every other piece including the blade. It's just RNGesus being the cruel cruel creature he is

Thanks for confirming. And man... I wish they would let us trade Miter pieces. I have so many chassis and no blade. 

57 minutes ago, taiiat said:

complete conjecture, with no scientific basis whatsoever. not true.

Its true, over 30 to near 40 runs of Tyle Regor with randoms yielded nothing for me but when i solo'ed that boss i got the 2 BP in 4 runs, what the odds?

DE need to explain how RNG calculate things.....getting tired of saying RNG this and RND that!

Also i did make a mistake when i said this " RNG can be really annoying at times and the best thing you can do is solo the BOSSES few times then go PUG/ coop few times to balance the odds.", my bad

Edited by Prinny13
Need to slow down and double check what I write.