Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade chat, specifically syndicate weapons, Horror stories

I just wanna point a few things:

1) I'm pretty sure 75 is, even for console, extremely overpriced. Usually Synd weapons don't go for more than 40. Usually they go for 20-30.

2) You do know you can just quickly check their profile, right? I do it all the time so I can confirm MR.

31 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

2) You do know you can just quickly check their profile, right? I do it all the time so I can confirm MR.

How would you go about doing this? On xbox, the only options are invite, inv to clan, talk, show gamercard, add friend & ignore. Is there some secret way to do it? Or is it just a PC thing?

Edited by (XB1)Koolster 998

I seriously can't overstate it enough, maybe it's just my region or something but its not uncommon to see syndicate weapons sell for 60-80 plat.

Also

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Koolster 998 said:

How would you go about doing this? On xbox, the only options are invite, inv to clan, talk, show gamercard, add friend & ignore. Is there some secret way to do it? Or is it just a PC thing?

yeah we don't get the option to look at other players profile unless they are on your squad.

48 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I just wanna point a few things:

1) I'm pretty sure 75 is, even for console, extremely overpriced. Usually Synd weapons don't go for more than 40. Usually they go for 20-30.

The profile option on consoles is different.

If they're in your squad it'll show their Warframe profile.

If they're not in your squad it'll go to the player's PSN or XBone profile

Sorry, I have little sympathy for people who overprice Syndacite Weapons. They are 40p at most and I always laugh when I see sellers at that price, even for the Simulor.

The biggest issue I run into when selling Syndacite Weapons is the Weapon Slot and MR. The weapon slot is more of an annoyance since DE refuses to allow us to look at our inventory in the Dojo.

I am having a hard time getting the Secura weapons though, as barely anyone wants to trade Syndacite Weapon for Syndacite Weapon anymore, and the ones that are selling the Secura weapons overprice like OP.

On 4/3/2016 at 2:49 AM, NoobMaster068 said:

I thought syndicate primaries are worth 25-35? I mean I bought rakta cernos for 25 and my brother bought synoid simultor for 30.. I'm on Asia region if it matters

that price is farly fair. 25 - 30 is a fair price for first and second weapons

my fear is when 3rd weapons come out. the mele. the prices are going to be unfair : ( to new players especially. lucky i'm maxed in two of my syndicates so i have no intention of over pricing them

all my weapons are going to be 25-30 no more

Edited by twilightfallen

I get lucky if I sell mine for 35, and I do in fact, play on XBox1 when I can. 

It might be a rude awakening, but this is fact the market average, and while I can farm a Tigris out in 3 days, selling it is a whole other monster. It may have been worth upwards of 100 plat when it was first released, but with time the value tanks with more being purchased and floating around in trade Chat. I have a better time selling augments, and these are easier to farm.

Best of luck to you, and while these were dismal experiences, keep up with your sales.

On 4/3/2016 at 2:50 AM, AhLiu338 said:

Yea, syndicate's mods worth more than weapon for pc. 

Btw, all OP's encounter can simply be described in two words, Trade Chat.

Think it is the other way around; weapons are still more pricey than mods.

Per personal sells and people asked are around 10-20 :platinum: per mod and weapons 20-35 :platinum: 

Tbh syndicate weapons are barely worth selling plat anymore. Usually just I trade them to sweeten a deal or charity.

On 4/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

I seriously can't overstate it enough, maybe it's just my region or something but its not uncommon to see syndicate weapons sell for 60-80 plat.

Which region is that?  I'm in North America East, and syndicate primaries generally go for 40 to 50 depending on the weapon.  Secondaries go for 30 to 40, again depending on the weapon.

On 4/5/2016 at 4:42 PM, twilightfallen said:

that price is farly fair. 25 - 30 is a fair price for first and second weapons

my fear is when 3rd weapons come out. the mele. the prices are going to be unfair : ( to new players especially. lucky i'm maxed in two of my syndicates so i have no intention of over pricing them

all my weapons are going to be 25-30 no more

Not to pick out your comment specifically, but when melee weapons come out, what you do is get each one from your Syndicate and trade for one from the opposing Syndicate. You will have your own, and if you want to sell, just trade more - shouldn't cost you anything except Syndicate points...

I recently bought a  Sancti Tigris for 30p, chat went like this

me: STigris 25p?

deal, invite?

ok sec

I went to his dojo, paid him 30, got my weapon.

I trade quite a bit and if a buyer gives me the smallest hassle during a trade, i just leave the dojo and mute him.  If a buyer agrees on a price in chat, they pay that price or I dump the trade and don't talk to them. 

However, I have pleasant and straightforward trades 90-95% of the time.  Today someone bought a carrier prime, asked if i still had the carrier, i said yes, invited him to my dojo, he paid my asking price without negotiating.  He was happy and thanked me.  I told him to enjoy his new carrier. 

That is how almost all of my trades go.  I RARELY have any problems with buyers, or sellers for that matter. 

I think trade is one of the most positive aspects of WF.  When I get bored with running missions, i trade a bit.  It's almost always a very positive experience. 

i think the price should be based off the popularity of the syndicate, most people think all the weapons are worth less now because they seen synoids going for dirt cheap.

there is a cause and reason too this, everyone and their mom chooses cephalon suda as their syndicate. I have seen it time and time again with most every new player I meet or guide through the beggining of the game. They all choose Suda!

so yea it's impossible too sell a Synoid Simulor cause everyone and their mom is selling the darn thing.

but on the other hand there are some syndicates that seemingly no one ever selects too back.  Imo... red veil, new Loka, and Perrin sequence are rarely ever chosen and most likely from what I have seen have the least backing, at least on xb1.

that being said I do believe there are harder syn weapons too obtain if you are not in the syn the weapon resides in.

so imo yes these weapons should be worth more as they have less people obtaining them!  Supply and demand is a real pain isn't it.

New Loka, Red Veil, & Perrin Sequence turned out to be a good choice to start with, as no one in my region did them. The primaries held their value for quiet a while but I guess it's time to shoot this horse in the head. Can't wait for syndicate melee so we can all go through this again!

38420761.jpg

nothing bad to ask what u want FREE MARKET but getting called scammer in a game with FREE MARKET pisses me off -.-

thats why i never post my prices to someone over 1000 hours because i know that they use warframtrading WHICH IS NOT OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR PRICES and would end up calling me scammer

Not an "Horror Story" , but quite strange/irritating what happened today...

I see 1 player who wrote in Recru Channel : " Rhino Prime Set 250p " 

I pmed him: " buy or sell? "

he: "okay"

I : "what?"

he: "dojo, rhino prime 250p "

I : "you buy or sell?"

he: "yes"

I (quite irritated) : " YES TO WHAT ? "

he : Rhino Prime 250 

I : " You know what? No ty"

C6jBtLA.gif

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, Fionntan said:

Think it is the other way around; weapons are still more pricey than mods.

Per personal sells and people asked are around 10-20 :platinum: per mod and weapons 20-35 :platinum: 

Tbh syndicate weapons are barely worth selling plat anymore. Usually just I trade them to sweeten a deal or charity.

They meant worth more to the seller per standing spent.

on PC i sell for 20-25p. I've made well over 4k just from selling syndicate items. i can easily make enough rep to sell 3-4 weapons a week, selling low lets me move them faster and waste less time in trade chat and see and overall net gain. The only time i try to sell for 30+ is if i need to spend medallions to buy a weapon,

3 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

nothing bad to ask what u want FREE MARKET but getting called scammer in a game with FREE MARKET pisses me off -.-

thats why i never post my prices to someone over 1000 hours because i know that they use warframtrading WHICH IS NOT OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR PRICES and would end up calling me scammer

Setting prices, even high ones, does not make one a scammer.  But, this game having a "FREE MARKET" doesn't mean that scammers can't exist.

I'll share my story from the other day.  I've been looking to get the Ember BP.  I found someone willing to sell at a reasonable price and I accepted.  That's when they went into a story about how they don't have enough credits to make the trade, so I'll have to get them credits somehow.  I offered to run some credit farming with them to collect the required credits quickly.  They counter-offered that I should gift them an Excalibur and a Mirage, then we'd be able to make the deal.  I said, nty, and closed the chat tab.

Do I know the person was trying to scam me?  No, I don't know for sure.  But, if I had gone along with it, they could have just walked away with a gifted Excalibur and Mirage and not given me the blueprint, and if that was the plan, then that person is most certainly a scammer.  Plus, the stated and accepted price changed after the deal was reached in that I would have had to pay plat to gift them those frames.  So, just because it's a "FREE MARKET" doesn't mean that someone can't be trying to scam others.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Setting prices, even high ones, does not make one a scammer.  But, this game having a "FREE MARKET" doesn't mean that scammers can't exist.

I'll share my story from the other day.  I've been looking to get the Ember BP.  I found someone willing to sell at a reasonable price and I accepted.  That's when they went into a story about how they don't have enough credits to make the trade, so I'll have to get them credits somehow.  I offered to run some credit farming with them to collect the required credits quickly.  They counter-offered that I should gift them an Excalibur and a Mirage, then we'd be able to make the deal.  I said, nty, and closed the chat tab.

Do I know the person was trying to scam me?  No, I don't know for sure.  But, if I had gone along with it, they could have just walked away with a gifted Excalibur and Mirage and not given me the blueprint, and if that was the plan, then that person is most certainly a scammer.  Plus, the stated and accepted price changed after the deal was reached in that I would have had to pay plat to gift them those frames.  So, just because it's a "FREE MARKET" doesn't mean that someone can't be trying to scam others.

not saying scamming cannot happen but calling person a scammer due to amount of plat they ask for item in a game with no specified prices yeaah do u see how dumb it sounds??

18 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

not saying scamming cannot happen but calling person a scammer due to amount of plat they ask for item in a game with no specified prices yeaah do u see how dumb it sounds??

I do, which is why I said what I said in my very first sentence that you quoted.

I was just pointing out that what you said, and how you said it, made it seem as if scamming isn't really possible.  I've also seen other people make similar statements, generally of the variety that you can't get scammed in this game because you have to agree to a price, etc.  I was simply pointing out that that ignores potential avenues for people to scam, and also telling one of my own horror stories in the process.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I do, which is why I said what I said in my very first sentence that you quoted.

I was just pointing out that what you said, and how you said it, made it seem as if scamming isn't really possible.  I've also seen other people make similar statements, generally of the variety that you can't get scammed in this game because you have to agree to a price, etc.  I was simply pointing out that that ignores potential avenues for people to scam, and also telling one of my own horror stories in the process.

agree on misunderstanding?

*ready to trade*

*waits for acceptance*....