Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cells - This Is Warframes Endgame

notionphil

I really like this idea!!!!

I also really like the idea of frame-specific challenges you sort of mentioned, like you need a trinity to heal you through a certain area, or a volt to help the team speed through some parkour.

Would be awesome to have frame specific challenge for ALL frames, like 

Rhino - Iron skin required to get through knockdown room, like a bunch of those orokin knockdown towers that send out waves simultaneously, only rhino can get through it with iron skin.

Trinity - Link through fire room

Mag - Pull obstacles in order to jump across a chasm

Frost - Snowglobes to get through laser room

I don't know, that kind of thing I feel would be interesting, give the frames some more personality perhaps.

Lol. Except Trinity can just team invuln everyone and they can all get through. >.<

i definitely think that cells will help keep interest in the game, as far as immersing ourselves into the lore that de is writing for this game.  I can't see them being able to envelop us with story with the way the game currently plays.  this would change meta fairly drastically since people couldn't just spam a mission to the nth degree to farm their bps.  as we wait for update 10 we can only hope that devs will notice that within the first hours of release of new content missions are being demolished and farmed way to quickly.  I have the same fear for the new tilesets that they're releasing.  this might be the only way to slow it down enough that we can keep our attention retained. Lets keep this up at the top :P

They can scrap nightmare mode and rework that into cells for all I care. Nightmare mode was extremely dissappointing as it poses no difference from the usual gameplay. Cells sound amazing in comparison, the tenno informer impass especially!

They can scrap nightmare mode and rework that into cells for all I care. Nightmare mode was extremely dissappointing as it poses no difference from the usual gameplay. Cells sound amazing in comparison, the tenno informer impass especially!

The problem with nightmare mode is it's just a PITA.  You're just removing things we're used to from the rest of our game experience in Warframe.  Plus things can mysteriously hit for 1200+ damage out of no where, effectively one shotting most frames.

Cells would give players something to work for, and something to really encourage teamwork.

i definitely think that cells will help keep interest in the game, as far as immersing ourselves into the lore that de is writing for this game.  I can't see them being able to envelop us with story with the way the game currently plays.  this would change meta fairly drastically since people couldn't just spam a mission to the nth degree to farm their bps.  as we wait for update 10 we can only hope that devs will notice that within the first hours of release of new content missions are being demolished and farmed way to quickly.  I have the same fear for the new tilesets that they're releasing.  this might be the only way to slow it down enough that we can keep our attention retained. Lets keep this up at the top :P

The problem with nightmare mode is it's just a PITA.  You're just removing things we're used to from the rest of our game experience in Warframe.  Plus things can mysteriously hit for 1200+ damage out of no where, effectively one shotting most frames.

Cells would give players something to work for, and something to really encourage teamwork.

Thanks guys...I recently saw that someone (besides myself) actually referred and linked to Cells in a Hot Topics thread. If you want to see Cells, keep reminding DE that it exists and that Nightmare mode is not an endgame or anything like one.

How? Link to Cells. Ask livestream questions about Cells. Create posts about Cells? :P

I got lucky and got all the nightmare mode drops that I wanted...I haven't touched it since, because its simply punishing, not challenging and not at all fun.

Sooo long since I was here last, good to see the whole thread and content has only gotten better. ^_^

I have to admit it's bugging me a bit that it's not been stickied yet, but I guess that would show favoritism, which is probably a nono :p

Edited by Dieson

Although not the same in distribution and content, Nightmare mode is coming soon and a new effort of ours to offer high Risk/Reward gameplay that has interesting restrictions within. Scott talks about this briefly in our U9 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5eR8xiZvs

had to quote this, having played through nightmare mode... it's still to farmy for my tastes. you farm and farm, and farm until there is just no farm left. I honestly log in maybe once a day just to get the login reward, check my alerts, then I'm gone. I love this game, it's fun. But I feel we need something aside from simply farming. I for one, would love to see cells, as described by the author of this thread. Further, there is another thread here (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/97624-scary-stalker/) that describes the ability to become the stalker as another viable form of gameplay.

all in all. this idea would give me something to work towards. Once you get all the weps, frames, and mods... then what?

I'd like to say that I also appreciate the developers attentiveness to those playing the open beta. and I do understand that this is a BETA.

I just want something to work towards... I mean, aside from lvl 11. I love storyline.

So please DE if there is any way to implement the ideas as they are in this thread, and/or possibly the one I've linked. I would be a huge fan of the idea.

Edited by aezeldafan

Thanks for keeping the convo going guys..

Lots of good feedback here about how Nightmare mode is NOT endgame content, and not giving us something to work towards. Would really appreciate a Dev response on this.

Edited by notionphil

-snip-

Keep at it, i really hope we see this or something similar to this in the game.

Whenever someone claims nightmare mode is challenging or endgame i chuckle.... :P (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98185-nightmare-weekend/?p=1110750)

I hope update 10 is not another major letdown and brings something real to the game, something to make it more of a real beta

Would it be out of the question to suggest That we need more power mods for warframe abilities? Ya know... Maybe 4 new abilities for each frame so we can mix and match so everyone isn't the same and each warframe will have more playstyle options?

And maybe Legendary power mods for warframes that are extremely rare and require it's own unique polarity slot meaning that you'd have to polarize to use it?

Rough example : Loki - A Thousand Lies - Loki Turns all squad members invisible for a duration and leaves a decoy in their place, these decoys create radial disarms when they are killed.     (ya know something for that uber uber hardcore player to work for?)

And this is even more far-fetched. Maybe after polarizing every single slot of a warframe, we'd be given an additional mod slot

Edited by Sirabot

Edit: Heads up, massive block of text incoming. Zip down to the TL:DR section if you don't want to deal with this :P

Ooohh.... I want this ingame. These Cells seem to be mini-campaigns, which Warframe could certainly use ^.^ Having some actual plot would help alot, too. If this IS implemented... first cell I'm doing, I want to see Ship to Ship fighting. You can imagine this one enemy Grineer/Corpus ship firing boarding pods at the ship you're fighting through, bursting through the hull and squads of enemies jumping out. Oh, and a few quick ideas, if you wouldn't mind. Could there be some missions where you have to aid groups of AI controlled units (AI Tenno, informants/soldiers) to brawl through a massive ship, in an attempt to hijack and take it for the Tenno cause or sabotage/whatever. The players could be fighting through the ship, stumbling upon seperate skirmishes where allies and enemies are in firefights. and aiding them. Should the team succeed, the soldiers will depart for the next area. However, they'll return later. Then, it could be possible that the entire mission culminates in one massive fight where allies you helped earlier will come back to aid you, and the difficulty of this last fight depends on how many allies survived earlier. Sorry for the massive block of text, but one last idea before I finish :P. Boarding missions/full blown campaigns. The players begin with the boarding pods I described earlier, and they can guide this pod to wherever on the enemy ship they wish to go. Each member could go together or solo, breaking into weapons areas and disabling them, engines to destroy their escape/manuverability, piloting, etc. Then, they could extract or take over the ship, extracting means the Tenno vessel finishes off the enemy ship, taking over means one more vessel for the Tenno fleet... and then there could be war campaigns. The Tenno faction could engage in all out wars, and players can contribute to the war effort via these missions, points are gained for the war effort as more missions are completed. Victory or defeat depends on how many points were earned over a long span of time, rewards/bonuses of various kinds being given out for should the Tenno achieve victory. Should the Tenno lose, I'd say there shouldn't be any penalties other than having to wait for the next call to arms.

Edit: Just another quick suggestion. So, the Tenno could wage war in an attempt to secure resources, cripple enemy factions, etc. There should be missions pertaining to each individual objective, players being able to choose what they want to do to contribute to the war. Say, destroying Grineer cloning facilities will reduce their numbers on maps, making it overall easier. If this type of objective is completed enough times over the course of the campaign, Grineer missions will feature reduced numbers of enemies. Destroying Corpus MOA production facilities, same idea. Destroying ammo dumps, hacking/implementing viruses in enemy systems, wreaking havoc on supply lines, assassination, setting on fire/blowing up fuel/ammo depots or factories, recruiting allies, tapping into enemy communications, compromising enemy communications (enemy factions lose supplies due to miscommunications, also fail to get reinforcements due said destroyed comms), counter-intelligence work, rooting out spies that could cripple the Tenno war effort, destroying research labs to slow weapons development (weapons deal less damage), taking control of vital planets/facilities to secure resources, wrecking soldier training facilities, sabotaging starship production by making their engines/shields defective (boarding enemy vessels becomes easier, and less effort is needed to destroy the ship, but more effort needed to restore the ship to working order, meaning the points gained for sabotaged ships is slightly lower), bugging enemy command ships for intel and to track enemy movements, steal enemy resources, hijack ships that haven't been sent to the war yet (gives the Tenno cause more vessels to utilize), etc. Every so often in the campaign, the Tenno coalition fleets and armies will attempt to engage enemie forces in battle. Winning means they gain territory, opening up even more missions. Losing means they either lose territory or nothing happens. The overall success of the campaign dictates victory or defeat. Each sub-objective will aid players when they're trying to complete campaign missions. I just realized this is sorta like ME3's War Assets system, but focused on crippling the enemy. Sorry if this was too much of a ramble, just putting my thoughts out there xD

TL;DR: Add in war events where the Tenno attempt to combat the other enemy factions openly, attempting to retake the system for their own. Different missions yield different effects in the campaign, depending on the objective of the mission and how successful it was. There should be heaps of options concerning what you wish to do to aid the war effort. Winning the war provides rewards and bonuses. Losing the war doesn't penalize the players. Also, if you do decide to read through my random rambles, give me a heads up if something doesn't make sense, I did alot of going back and editing as more ideas popped up.

Edited by Eravel

Would it be out of the question to suggest That we need more power mods for warframe abilities? Ya know... Maybe 4 new abilities for each frame so we can mix and match so everyone isn't the same and each warframe will have more playstyle options?

And maybe Legendary power mods for warframes that are extremely rare and require it's own unique polarity slot meaning that you'd have to polarize to use it?

Rough example : Loki - A Thousand Lies - Loki Turns all squad members invisible for a duration and leaves a decoy in their place, these decoys create radial disarms when they are killed.     (ya know something for that uber uber hardcore player to work for?)

And this is even more far-fetched. Maybe after polarizing every single slot of a warframe, we'd be given an additional mod slot

I'd like that, perhaps there should be a couple more abilities added for every Warframe's 1-4 skill slots. Having much more variety would be great :D I'll throw one for Trinity: An ability where you deploy a drone that attaches to any ally warframe you select. Within the next 10/11/12/13/15 seconds, should that warframe be incapacitated, the drone places the player in a protective stasis, nullifying damage for a couple seconds as it releases medical nanites, restoring 80/120/160/200/300 health and shields. This costs 75 energy. Though, we should really take this somewhere else, it's off topic xD

Edited by Eravel

started a board on this already. here is the link (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/97707-warframes-with-multiple-ability-mods/#entry1103680)

I really like this idea!!!!

I also really like the idea of frame-specific challenges you sort of mentioned, like you need a trinity to heal you through a certain area, or a volt to help the team speed through some parkour.

Would be awesome to have frame specific challenge for ALL frames, like 

Rhino - Iron skin required to get through knockdown room, like a bunch of those orokin knockdown towers that send out waves simultaneously, only rhino can get through it with iron skin.

Trinity - Link through fire room

Mag - Pull obstacles in order to jump across a chasm

Frost - Snowglobes to get through laser room

I don't know, that kind of thing I feel would be interesting, give the frames some more personality perhaps.

That would be awesome for the frame specific Cells, cells perhaps about sving the warframes? warframes coming to aid that compliment the abilities?

The best part that I can see about cells is that it dovetails with what DE already has created.  It is what nightmare mode should evolve into.  Let's push the cells agenda forward.  It is well within reach of current game design and is a sensible step forward, can we get some dev love up in this thread?

Edited by alocrius

How did i miss this awesome post!!! DE listen to this! Both the critizism and suggested solution for the current endgame are very, VERY valid! We need something like this (or even exactly this).

THIS IS THE ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD WORK ON!!!!!!!

There is nothing else we want or need more desperately, because of the simple reason that it will keep Warframe alive and interesting.

Yes the game is fun and growing, but i have been around as a gamer long enough to know that it won´t last. The speed in which you can complete Warframe is dangerous. and the Grind is a major turn off to all "pure" action fans, at the moment you appeal more to MMO Fans, who also have a very keen understanding that this can´t go on.

Do something about the Endgame content and do it fast please. I love this game, we all do, but trust your community and your Founders on this one.

WE NEED A META-ENDGAME AND WE NEED NOOOO MORE GRINDING!!!!

-snip-

well grinding is essential to almost any game, however in this one there is too much and for little to no reason.  Also there is nothing to really break up the monotony and Mr. phil's suggestion does manage to break that up.  effectively as questing.  i guess we'll find out when the next developer livestream rolls around if this is still getting looked at in any way shape or form.

But continue to share it with your friends :P As G.I. Joe said many a time, "Knowing is half the battle!"