The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30,000 Cryotic isn't actually a problem

Jautice

The reason why is probably due to the resource creeping that people have been doing for a very long time and if you're in dire need of it, just put it aside and just Hieracon. Pretend Hieracon is Draco and no problem.

The problem I see with the 30K is that this is really only doable for "hardcore" players of the community and seems to be a pretty difficult one for players that can only spend oh so many hours into the game a week. Those types of players will have to passive aggressively do nothing but excavations for their short 2-3 hours a week if they intend to get the weapon anytime soon. 

To put it into the active Warframer perspective 

we would preferably want to farm till 1500 cryotic, each whole dig site takes 100 seconds. You would need to activate 15 dig sites each of them being 100 seconds if you make sure all of them are moving but if you decide to activate one at a time in fear that you will destroy a couple in the process you would need 100X15 = 1500 seconds (25 minutes) to gain a mere 1500 cryotic for a weapon that requires 30,000 cryotic.

And in order to get 30K cryotic you would need to do X20 1500 seconds/cryotic excavation runs.  You would at least need 8 hours worth of game time on one specific game mode. 

tl;dr

1 cryo = 1 second

30000 cryo = 30000 seconds = 500 minutes = 8 hours

Edited by izzatuw

Unfortunately, the reason due to difficulty increase of Excavation is from a very sensitive controversy that happened not so while ago, involving tests that tackles with Cryotic farm and its rewards.

I wish for the reward and spawn system of Excavation will return to normal and even be an example for other missions like Survival and Defense in return.

While I sit here with 176k cryotic with nowhere to spend. Seriously, all I did was farm Triton before the nerf. And I'm nowhere a "veteran" at this point. Just keep on farming.

Is IS a problem,
30k its 30(!) runs with 1000 cryotic each or 300(!!) runs 100 cryotic each. Yeah it's affordable, but no other weapon require that much and should not. Hek, you need less time to farm 10 neural sensors or neurodes, and those are like rarest resources that we have

7 minutes ago, Freelancer27 said:

Unfortunately, the reason due to difficulty increase of Excavation is from a very sensitive controversy that happened not so while ago, involving tests that tackles with Cryotic farm and its rewards.

I wish for the reward and spawn system of Excavation will return to normal and even be an example for other missions like Survival and Defense in return.

I Really dont get it why they changed Excavations like they did. Triton was an amazing place for Cores, Keys and even XP.  now the excavations are a bad place to do anything.

If i did not had tons of cyrotic reserves runing out aswell and i doubt i get more as easy at it was before.

And DE wants ppl to do other nodes than Draco. That move does the contrary.

4 minutes ago, Jeseni1 said:

I Really dont get it why they changed Excavations like they did. Triton was an amazing place for Cores, Keys and even XP.  now the excavations are a bad place to do anything.

Simply words to say so from the source.

"Because it was too easy to get cores in Excavation. Survival and Defense are just fine for rewarding players."

That's pretty much I can say though.

Edited by Freelancer27

Just now, Jeseni1 said:

If i did not had tons of cyrotic reserves runing out aswell and i doubt i get more as easy at it was before.

Coz De Glen said that excavation are too rewarding if you compare it to surv or def, so after some test runs he decided to do what he did and after DE agreed to not touch it again, despite all feedback

47 minutes ago, Jautice said:

The reason why is probably due to the resource creeping that people have been doing for a very long time and if you're in dire need of it, just put it aside and just Hieracon. Pretend Hieracon is Draco and no problem.

Thank DE for killing Excavation so nobody plays it now.

Seems like there are a lot of short memories. When oxium was introduced, you got one (1) per drone, and it was a crapshoot whether or not one would even appear. Zephyr building took a looooot of grinding before they changed that, so quit yer cryin', and get off my lawn! Besides, if farming up the resources is such a hassle for you, either pay for it with plat, or come to terms with not having it any time soon. The folks at DE gotta put food on the table too.

7 minutes ago, Jeseni1 said:

Excavations are still the by far the best way to get keys + you get some cores on the way. When I was farming T3 keys, I did some research and found out that Outer Terminus (that's a defense) has less than half the keys compared to Triton and Hieracon, so basically the chance for me to get the key I wanted was twice as high. Still the 2 excavations are way better, because defense takes way too long.

I get most of my cores from sorties now, but excavation would still be where I would go if I had to farm any.

And when it comes to xp, excavation isn't really better or worse than most other modes in the game. In interception and defense you get more, because everybody is in the same place. In situations like survival missions you get the same problem when people just run around.

Takes 30,000 seconds of excavator defending to get enough. That's 500 minutes or 8.3 hours.

Regardless of nitain or prior farming it's not that bad a grind, especially when you consider you can defend two at once.

Not been on the forums since before the weapon was released, are there lots complaining?

Just now, Jautice said:

You guys complain about how persistent you must be to get Cryotic and then there is something farm much worse.

Nitian Extract

Nitain is not a problem. It WAS just after introducing, but now there like several alerts each day and most of those are 2-5 mins long, and weap\frame doesn't usually require more then 2

All I read was "This isnt at ALL a problem for ME. Please DE make more weapons with insane material costs, its ok, I PROMISE!"

Can you please just not? If they expected a clan to get 20k for RESEARCH, how is it ok for a single person to get 20k more plus an additional 10k?

2 minutes ago, Hekovashi said:

Nitain is not a problem. It WAS just after introducing, but now there like several alerts each day and most of those are 2-5 mins long, and weap\frame doesn't usually require more then 2

Ivara Chassis: 4 Nitian

Ivara Systems 5 Nitian

Sometimes people don't have the time to even farm for these parts as I play this game sometimes at the end of my work to do a quick run of Simaris/Sortie/Draco which usually spans for 2.5 hours