Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova advice requested...

SquattingMouse

Question

So I finished my first prime frame (well prime anything - I have a lot of stuff missing one part but that's another issue) ad it's Nova.  Now so far I've maxed Excalibur, Rhino, Oberon and Nyx and a looking forward to this having played alongside several Novas and loved their work.

A quick look at stats and abilities suggest something with lots of focus on energy, power strength and a more supportive role rather than outright murder machine.  I haven't got an Exilius on her and probably won't for a while until I either raise some plat selling my pile of random bits or get one from somewhere else (I have done A Man of Few Words).  Any advice on both builds and handling her to best support a team as well solo builds and strategies very appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Mmk 3 builds just btw.

1: 45% str or more(Suggest Intensify + Power Drift. If no power drift then put on a transient fortitude) = slova then max duration and add a vitality and your good

2: Speed Nova = maxed overextended + max duration and again a vitality(Dont add str mods after the overextended)

3: Neutral nova = R2 Overextended + max duration and again vitality(Dont add any str mods after the overextended)

And every build should use a flow and you should only use streamline to not lose duration with fleeting expertise

Edited by rawr1254

Duration (woo Narrow Minded) is the key for a long-reaching Molecular Prime.

145% Strength (I use Intensify + Power Drift) is already enough for a max slow effect
while e.g. for Infested Defense you might want to speed enemies up with 40% Strength via Overextended.

Range isn't a big concern for me (see Narrow Minded), not least since Antimatter Drop doesn't use it anyway.
(Though having puny Wormhole range is a shame, alas.)

You can't get max Efficiency and max Duration at the same time, but I find ~170% Efficiency to work nicely.

If you go for max Duration, Primed Flow can certainly help and Quick Thinking might just save your bacon.

first, you need to focus on duration, put as much as you can, includes continuity (primed), constitution and narrow minded (maxed), put some efficiency streamline and R3 fleeting expertise, and strength if you're running a slow build, here's my builds for nova: 

slow: 

narrow minded, continuity (primed), constitution, streamline, flow (primed), intensify, transient fortitude, defense mod (I use vitality) (when u get an exilus slot, use power drift instead of intensify and use the extra slot for something else, since you only need 75% strength for max slow) 

with intensify and TF, you'll get: 30+55=85% 

with power drift and TF, you'll get: 15+55=70% 

fast: 

narrow minded, continuity (primed), constitution, streamline, fleeting expertise R3 (u can also use flow though), overextended, defense mod, random utility mod (I run natural talent, but I'll leave it to you)