The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manics Need To Be Buffed

Ibro156

I know you thinking "WTF Dude? What's wrong with you?", well I agree with yah. WTF wrong with me? But anyway, what I want to say is that Manics are outclassed by their other faction counterparts; Bursa and Juggernaut. They are incredibly strong by themselves. As the Manic usually spawns, it spawns by itself and doesn't do much damage as the others, nor using its special attacks that often. Honestly,I  feel like its outclassed by the Bursa and Juggernaut. Everytime, I hear their laughter. I just know I can blow them away with one solid hit with my weapons. I know their meant to be fast and light - not doing much damage. But as I usually play with full team of randoms when doing high level Grineer missions. They usually is one manic that spawns and spreads it attacks between players, not making it much of a threat. Plus it doesn't use it slapping animation that much and when it does, it usually uses it once. Additionally, spawning quite rarely, when compared to Bursa and Juggernaut. When being compared to the Bursa. While the Bursa is light but not as fast as Manic but it can do more damage and nullifying the player's damage. As for the Infested Juggernaut, they quite similar to the Bursa. They use their abilities a lot and making them a big threat for the team. I know a lot players would hate this idea, but this would make best sense to me. As the Bursas, Juggernauts and Manics are suppose to be the special units when fighting their respected factions.

So in short what the Manics' needs in my opinion:

• Increased attack speed.
  • Spawn more often during high level Grineer missions like Juggernauts and Bursas.
  • Need to increase the usage of their special abilities. Like the slapping animation and etc.
  • Make them be more threatening for the players.
Edited by Ibro156

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:
  • Increased attack speed.
  • Spawn more often during high level Grineer missions like Juggernauts and Bursas.
  • Need to increase the usage of their special abilities. Like the slapping animation and etc.
  • Make them be more threatening for the players.

#1. no. not unless DE makes combos from the stances the standard attacks from enemy units.

#2. yes please. they don't spawn enough and they never seem to drop the stance they have.

#3. no. they stealth around you makes em hard to see then they knock you down and finish you off and you cant get out of that.

#4. how? make them use combos most of the time instead of power attacks?

Edited by Herosupport

Just now, Herosupport said:

#1. no

#2. yes please.

#3. no

#4. how? make them use combos most of the time instead of power attacks?

#1. Elaborate please?

#2. They're pretty annoying to spawn right now.

#3. Bursa can slow, nullify players' abilities and make them blinds for a short period. While Juggernauts can charge players and call for reinforcement. Also explain, why not?

2. Or spawn in packs of 2 - 7 depending on the amount of players like how sentient drones spawn on you.

4. Sure, have them throw nervos at the player(s), give them a ripline attack before or just after throwing the nervos, and maybe strap a still alive but mostly delimbed/disarmed nullifier crewman or comba/scrambus to their backs.

I don't think we should change Manics based on Bursa - that's apples and oranges. Just because there is a unit or two in another faction that is more powerful doesn't mean we have to ramp up a unit in the other. And don't forget we have Miss Kitty and her Kats of OHKO death, so I think that evens it our quite nicely for the Grineer.

My problem with maniacs: They are basically just bullet sponges that may oneshot you if they feel like it: 

Changes I would make: Decrease their damage and their tankiness a bit because they aren't wearing THAT MUCH armor. In exchange make them faster, teliport more frequently, and give them special moves.

Maniacs should be able to disarm, they should be able to use enemies as bullet shields if they are low hp or possibly eat enemy units like Inaros to regain HP. (That would be cool) 

20 minutes ago, Feallike said:

Changes I would make: Decrease their damage and their tankiness a bit because they aren't wearing THAT MUCH armor. In exchange make them faster, teliport more frequently, and give them special moves.

Maniacs should be able to disarm, they should be able to use enemies as bullet shields if they are low hp or possibly eat enemy units like Inaros to regain HP. (That would be cool).

I'll get behind that. I've never knew they were spongy, but then again - I run with 20K crossive Hek 24/7 >.>

4 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

dont they already 1 shot from behind? 

Yah, but rarely. That only happens to me when there a hordes of them at a high level. When not, it just take a decent amount of health (depending on the frame)

13 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

Oh, you mean the most broken ability of the game?

The one that can pull you out of the water on Uranus and have you fly around with your archwing

The one that manic can use on you even if you dodge to the side, stun him, or sometimes even kill him

Wonderful idea

30 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Oh, you mean the most broken ability of the game?

The one that can pull you out of the water on Uranus and have you fly around with your archwing

The one that manic can use on you even if you dodge to the side, stun him, or sometimes even kill him

Wonderful idea

Should I call this a rebalancing thread instead? In my experience with the Manics, I've never been shifted or had the problem you had. Maybe it's dumb luck or just could be me or you? I do agree that if there going to use their slapping powers more often, it's need to be reduced.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Manics are properly balanced. Lvl 100 manic can kill any frame. Lvl 30 feels like lvl 30. All good.

Today, I came across quite few manics during the missions sortie. They were just annoying, not a big threat. I manged to deal with them rather quickly, it really comes down to how fast you can get a solid shot on them. As I usually carry a 20K crossive Hek, they weren't a big deal.But when I do it to the Bursas and Juggernaunts, I usually have to find the weak points before they call for back up. The Manics need to spawn more often in Grineer missions from any high level tilesets. Like Bursas do and juggernauts

Bring back Manic to original levels then.

1 shot and ton of invulnerability windows.
And best of all, he regens his health during the invulnerability window.
So any damage you do is trivial unless you are packing a 6 star cannon since he will be done regenerating from the damage by time he exits the invulnerability window.

That is the manics you guys want eh ?

Edited by fatpig84

7 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

So any damage you do is trivial unless you are packing a 6 star cannon since he will be done regenerating from the damage by time he exits the invulnerability window.

No...

I want a manic with a tophat who's crazy enough to come in riding ontop a bursa or juggernaut that's been captured by the grineer.

4 hours ago, magusat999 said:

I'd love for more manics to spawn... If you have a Jat Kittag they are simple. Just leap slam a few times and when it hits they will be laid out - either dead or ready for a finisher.

I just enjoy running Tyl Regor with Jat Kittag, launching manics with a slam and finishing them off with a shotgun blast in midair makes you feel as badass as it gets.

2 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Yes please. But with more drops.

4 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

No, not at that extent. I'll like them to be challenging then a upfront buffed mechanic like that. Give them the ability to disarm and to pounce another players on to the ground. So it would be more of a higher priority for players like Bursa and Juggies. As of right now, they usually one spawn in one of two quantities in my experience when playing with full squad. They aren't really a big threat. Any Warframe with CC anilities or damage dealing can easily slow or kill them in them within a few seconds.