Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn prime +Toxin?

darklit

Question

I'm playing saryn, and really enjoy her. But was wondering something.

as far as I know. I don't need to use toxic lash. All I need to use in order to spread the toxin damage along with viral from spores, is to equip hikou / ignis with gas damage and pop spores. But do those weapons need to have status chance in order to spread toxin with the popped spores?

does the enemy need to be affected by a toxin proc, in ordered to spread the proc, or can i just use the toxin damage with low status and it will spread the spores just the same.

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nope. They just need to pop the spores and it spreads to all enemies in the area of effect. 

Don't need any toxic weapons. Anything that hits the spores pops and spreads them. 

Toxic lash is pretty strong, though. Unless you never get into melee range, I don't see a reason not to use it. Lasts a while and doesn't take a disproportionate amount of energy for its utility. It also allows melee weapons to pop spores, which they don't always do. 

What the OP is probably talking about is how the toxin proc get carried with the spores.

@OP if you're using a high toxic weapon and proc it on a target, the spore will carry the proc with them.

Basically what was previously mentioned- if a target has a Spore along with a Toxin proc, it will carry the toxin proc if the Spore is burst. This is what makes Toxic Lash useful, as you can basically create Viral/Toxin Pandemics, and it's a fantastic way to set up Miasma, since Toxic Lash will guarantee a Toxin proc. Also Toxic Lash guarantees a single spore burst.

Aside from that, if you want to guaranteed spread Toxin with the Spores, you will need to proc Toxin in order to spread it. Lesion can do it with its status trigger, and Acrid will also innately stack Toxin procs, even without 100% status.

Edited by Camelslayer

Yea high status/fire rate/aoe is pretty much what she needs. And instead of doing only toxin it's better to use gas. Gas procs an AoE in which anything caught in said aoe are proced with toxin. Also you get more DPS.

For Hikou you'll also need concealed explosives. If you dont have that then you're better off using something like staticor since hikou doesnt aoe on its own.

11 hours ago, darklit said:

I'm playing saryn, and really enjoy her. But was wondering something.

as far as I know. I don't need to use toxic lash. All I need to use in order to spread the toxin damage along with viral from spores, is to equip hikou / ignis with gas damage and pop spores. But do those weapons need to have status chance in order to spread toxin with the popped spores?

does the enemy need to be affected by a toxin proc, in ordered to spread the proc, or can i just use the toxin damage with low status and it will spread the spores just the same.

Yes and no.

You don't need to use lash at all, even tho it sets highly potent poison but anyways. 

Note from the wiki:

Only one spore on the infected enemy can transfer Toxin damage until that enemy becomes damaged by a new toxin proc.

-----

This can happen on the spread, as you do carry poison to 3 targets and idealy bounce them back, and on the burst as the spores have a additional status chance in this scenario. It doesn't start or comes back if you don't gain another poison procc on the damaged enemy tho so it isn't exactly a bad idea to have poison or gas status rdy to refresh the proccs. The dots also add to your bouncing damage so it goes without saying that this is a quite decent choice in generall. A double combination of poison/gas and corrosive is most likely the best route to go btw. Should be possible with a torid.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

7 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nope. They just need to pop the spores and it spreads to all enemies in the area of effect. 

Don't need any toxic weapons. Anything that hits the spores pops and spreads them. 

Toxic lash is pretty strong, though. Unless you never get into melee range, I don't see a reason not to use it. Lasts a while and doesn't take a disproportionate amount of energy for its utility. It also allows melee weapons to pop spores, which they don't always do. 

You don't need anything but damage to spread the spores by theselfes, you do need poison on the spores to spread poison with them tho. Spore damage is static and limited while the toxic part including destruction damage is not (in theory at least...i've seen both, banshee amplified ticks for 100k+ as well as tests where they seemed to do nothing at all.)

5 minutes ago, darklit said:

But do those weapons need to have status chance in order to spread toxin with the popped spores?

5 minutes ago, darklit said: