The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more lvl up after forma use please

Spiros78

How about using excess focus to force level a weapon to 30? If you are like me and got most of the good Focus passives there really is no other point in getting Focus for the other stuff. So i just end up having 100k just sitting there. I would gladly blast 100k of focus to "BAM ITS RANK 30" a weapon or even a frame.

On 4/9/2016 at 0:09 PM, Fifield said:

Another problem is that we're all seriously impatient and just grind away on Draco.  For the 200th mind-numbing time.  There's the beginnings of a good fix for the Draco problem here: 

Agreed, I only Draco after Formas.  There is no point to relevelling, I know the weapon or frame already, I just want to make it more efficient.  And let's face it, you don't require relevelling for Reactor/Catalyst, and that is much more powerful.

On 12/4/2016 at 4:42 AM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Never gonna happen because DE wants to sell you those P2W affinity boosters.

Instead we should be asking for it to be tied to MR. i.e. when you forma something and are MR 8, the weapon should reset to rank 8 instead of rank 0.

"P2W Affinity Booster"

1126.gif

Re-ranking is the downside to adding forma.  You know this before you forma any gear. It is there as a disincentive to polarise.

This is done by design.  Forma is an option and you can quite happily do everything in the game without polarising gear.

Edited by Loswaith

20 hours ago, Skarokin said:

There would be absolutely no skill involved with formas if you didnt need to re-rank up your warframe/weapon. NO point AT all.

Explain how this statement makes sense.  How re-leveling a piece of gear you've already leveled before DOES require skill.

So let me get this straight, the entire purpose of playing warframe is to kill enemies with weapons, get more weapons, and use those weapons to kill more enemies. Correct? And you are saying that using a weapon you're already planning on using alot (which is why you added the forma in the first place right?) is unnecessary? You can't be serious. 

Unless you are a player who maximizes every single weapon (good luck getting 600+ forma to do that) there is no reason to be angered by leveling up a gun you like again. None whatsoever, in fact, using the weapon on normal missions instead of cheesing on draco makes it more fun. 

Having to level up after a using a forma wouldn't be so bad if the leveling counted towards your mastery rating. Since it doesn't, you shouldn't have to re-level everything again after each use of a forma. I don't think after using a forma it should give the same benefit towards mastery rating as a new weapon/warframe does, but it should still count towards your overall mastery rating. Say, 75% after first forma, 50% after second forma, and 25% for every forma use after that. That would certainly make using a forma much less a pain and might even make DE a little more money in the process because people would want to use formas more often. And buy more boosters as well.

If you werent forced to re-lvl after applying a forma, then suddenly EVERY player would have like 8 forma frames and 8 formas on every weapon. While I do agree it does suck having to re-lvl constantly, A while ago i posted a similar but slightly less OP way of how formas and re-lvling should happen. But now that I look back on my idea, as well as your idea...it's bad. It would ruin the game everyone would be OP as heck in no time flat. And really if you just cheat and hit draco, you can usually can get a weapon and almost a frame back to rank 30 in less then 30 mins.

i agree with OP and most of the posters above.  grinding weapons/frames through 3-6 forma is mind numbing and irritating at the same time.

I simply hang out on draco for a few rounds if i need to level weapons... frame leveling I've got down to 3 missions when I get the odd XP booster from baro or a log in reward.

the point is, if forma did not reset the weapon/frame, it would be much more fun 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 10:35 PM, Mephiste said:

Warframe was never Pay to win, And to this day, still isn't. If you think it is, I suggest you take a look at other MMOs for reference.

Other MMOs being more or less P2W doesn't make WF less so.  If they jumped off a bridge, it wouldn't make it any more justifiable for WF to jump off too.

Loki is very easy to obtain, Ivara not as much, but even better.  From there any and all weapons can be leveled in 2-3 solo stealth exterminate missions of varying levels ( I usually do mercury, saturn, then ceres), no boosters, and that's leveling regular weapons with no catalyst. If it's a potatoed forma weapon it goes much faster as you can start putting more mods in sooner.  Melee weapons only ever take one or two runs due to stances letting you start off at ceres exterminates to stealth farm.

It's really not that hard.

Edited by Gelkor

i think ill throw my two cents in. I think with each forma it should have a sort of... pseudo affinity booster on it. SO it would require less XP for each forma on it, to get to rank 30. i like the idea of having to balance out the pros and cons of throwing a forma on (you know that feel, when you have that weapon that oculd totally use a forma but dont wanna level it again)  but i think it should have more benefits than just a mod swap. it could also tie in to @Tritanya 's idea, in that it could be tied into mastery. each forma would require less affinity to level up, therefore giving you more mastery with each forma, but once youve thrown on say like 5 forma, the amount of affinity to level it up is super small, and the amount of affinity you gain for mastery is proportionate.

So, I think this might work. Going from what I have read, I think the best way to do it would be as follows.

Rank Warframe up.

Forma Warframe.

Formaed Warframe now gets an XP boost based on your MR rank. By the time you do your first forma, you will probably be at lvl 5 min. So, every 5 lvls, you get 5% more XP for a formed Warframe .

MR5 = 5%

MR10 = 10%

MR 15 = 15%

and so on.

This means that you get a 30% XP boost at lvl 30. Now, DE being the way they are, might think this is a bit much, so it could always be 2% or 2.5% per 5 lvls.

My two cents are probably tinted by Prime-Access-90-day-affinity-booster-colored glasses, but here they are anyways.

On weapons, I honestly don't mind (except for shotguns, which cannot be silenced without Loki). Literally a single run of Hapke, Ceres, (Spy) followed by stealth Marid, Sedna, (Exterminate) is enough to get a weapon to Rank 27, assuming a horribly low number of spawns on Marid. Terminus, Mercury, (Exterminate) is sufficient to make up for anything short of Rank 30 if I was unlucky with Marid. This takes 15 minutes tops (30 minutes if you don't have an affinity booster) and avoids having to wade around in the swamp that is the recruiting channel. It's also a great way to passively farm Focus (a single run of Marid is typically 8,000 to 10,000 Focus with only a Greater Lens on Ivara).

Warframes are a bit more annoying simply because the stealth affinity multiplier is more trouble than it is worth on non-stealth-oriented frames (and Warframes require double the affinity to reach Rank 30 compared to weapons), and I usually just end up ranking them up passively doing missions I'd be doing otherwise (like low-level Towers, invasions, alerts, etc.).

Personally, I think starting a piece of equipment at a higher rank with each applied Forma would be a good middle ground. Four or five free ranks per Forma (capping at five Forma) is probably fair.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Other MMOs being more or less P2W doesn't make WF less so.  If they jumped off a bridge, it wouldn't make it any more justifiable for WF to jump off too.

What or who are you winning against with the affinity booster? Or even better, with whom are you actually competing in PVE? the AI? solid baseline for comparison...

The only winning against something I see is conclave, and an affinity booster will do nothing there.

Edited by nms.

Erm, people do prestiges in COD for nothing bar, erm, uh prestige.

At least here you're making your weapons or frames or whatever more powerful and you don't need a whole lot of them, even less so with dual stat mods and shadow debt mods around. 

Removing this 'reset' would defy all the point of formaing, even if it takes one simple round of Draco to put them back to 30, in case of weapons being lvled up as they should be, alone.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't make changes. I'd make QoL changes, leave my mods there and auto equip them in the order they were set as you level up, meaning you could profit from their power mid game without having to quit mission.

I'd also reduce forma building time, I am mr 21 with every weapon max forma'd, rushed many forma, but I can only imagine the burden it may present on a less ready player.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

cool u get more affinity does it change how good you are at the game acauly people will notice more if you have a 8 forma warframe and weapon and go down every 2 seconds