Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

Project-Beast-Hype-Train.jpg

Welp, looks like the hype train is coming to a stop soon.

And my grades will plummet as my study periods is consumed with DEATH AND BACKSTABS 

I CAN'T WAIT TO BACKSTAB MY FIRST PLAYER.

If anyone wants to PvP or co-op with me, add lozer-32 

Edited by TheErebus.

Only 8 hours?! Holy crap!

I'll pass on PvP thank you very much.

I shall warn ya that i'm no scrub and will do my best if i'll see you. Dont worry about healing though: i'm a honorable warrior as long as my opponent is.

Most likely my name will be Artek or maybe something cosplay-ish like... I don't even know. I don't like to pretend to be someone else... I'll just add something cool to my name i guess.

Can't wait to find out what's my first death will be like!

11 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Welp.

The game crashes like shait.

It seems that "day one" rule applied again. Gotta wait 2-3 weeks until a decent fix to this.

Also 4GM RAM might not be enough after all...

This is on PC?
I've gotten it on the PS4.

Just now, TheErebus. said:

Steam reviews are mostly just BS anyways. I never trust 'em

Well, not always... Most negative votes are coming from those for who the game is unplayable due crashes. They might change the vote after the game will be fixed.

9 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Well, not always... Most negative votes are coming from those for who the game is unplayable due crashes. They might change the vote after the game will be fixed.

Or these:

0.8 hours played: " This is a great game dont get me wrong, but, I think you need to make it a little easier for pc's to handle. "

Just now, mael9740 said:

Or these:

0.8 hours played: " This is a great game dont get me wrong, but, I think you need to make it a little easier for pc's to handle. "

And he'd be right. My PC handled Dak Souls 2: SotFS just fine, but DS3 jumped to Crysis levels of system requairements. I'm still not sure if the game crashes because of that or something else.

I hope it's something else...

1 hour ago, TheErebus. said:

Steam reviews are mostly just BS anyways. I never trust 'em

There is a reason I put " " in between the reviews. But so far Steam isn't exactly a bad choice to see if the game is well optimised or not. Seems like DKS 3 is one of those games that isn't/

2 hours ago, Artek94 said:

And he'd be right. My PC handled Dak Souls 2: SotFS just fine, but DS3 jumped to Crysis levels of system requairements. I'm still not sure if the game crashes because of that or something else.

I hope it's something else...

Dark Souls II has a pretty low system requirement for what it is actually, even the first Dark Souls needs more power than the 2nd game on PC.
4GB System ram isn't actually that much now days, keep in mind that the game isn't exclusively using all the RAM for itself, you got a ton of other crap running the in the background leeching at the RAM pool.

I'm gonna be getting my copy from the post office today (huge box) so I'll update to see if it really is just random crashes happening, though I'd be surprised since Dark Souls II ran like butter in the sun when it came out on PC.

Ps4 player perspective: 

So far I LOVE IT.

It feels like they took everything from DkS1, 2 and Bloodborne together.

It feels like DkS1, which is just 10/10. The graphics are awesome, so far the bosses have been fun to fight against, not too hard but not incredibly easy either

2 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

It feels like DkS1, which is just 10/10.

Thank god for that, in my opinion Dark Souls was the pinnacle in the whole series (yes counting Bloodborne and Demon's souls too)
I have yet had the time to go get my package and this just hyped me up even more.

7 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

Thank god for that, in my opinion Dark Souls was the pinnacle in the whole series (yes counting Bloodborne and Demon's souls too)
I have yet had the time to go get my package and this just hyped me up even more.

My only gripe (so far) is that the backgrounds seem really bland. I don't know why but they seem so low res compared to the rest of the game.

3 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

Ps4 player perspective: 

So far I LOVE IT.

It feels like DkS1, which is just 10/10. The graphics are awesome, so far the bosses have been fun to fight against, not too hard but not incredibly easy either

I'm crying tears of both happiness and sadness.

Y U DO THIS TO ME, CONSOLES?!

14 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

My only gripe (so far) is that the backgrounds seem really bland. I don't know why but they seem so low res compared to the rest of the game.

Maybe it's just a console thing? just wondering.

Spoiler

20160413050213_1.jpg

actual in-game looks better than the screenshot, steam and photobucket kinda grimed it up. ={

also, as per tradition I started out as a Deprived and instantly regretted it at the first boss
not sure if it's supposed to happen, but the attack patterns that boss had started blending into each other the longer I tried
like it started mixing up everything it had on the first phase.

Worst one was when he did that jump attack, as soon as he landed he tried to grab me, I rolled to the side avoiding the grab, instantly got knocked down by a his back elbow and he used another grab while I was on the ground... picked me up and threw me off the ledge.

20160413045829_1.jpg

runs really well for me and haven't had any problems or bugs yet.

Edited by Ahcruna

7 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

Maybe it's just a console thing? just wondering.

Hide contents

20160413050213_1.jpg

actual in-game looks better than the screenshot, steam and photobucket kinda grimed it up. ={

also, as per tradition I started out as a Deprived and instantly regretted it at the first boss
not sure if it's supposed to happen, but the attack patterns that boss had started blending into each other the longer I tried
like it started mixing up everything it had on the first phase.

Worst one was when he did that jump attack, as soon as he landed he tried to grab me, I rolled to the side avoiding the grab, instantly got knocked down by a his back elbow and he used another grab while I was on the ground... picked me up and threw me off the ledge.

20160413045829_1.jpg

runs really well for me and haven't had any problems or bugs yet.

Yeah it looks like a console thing, oh well the game still runs very well (the 30fps bit very seldom goes down) and yeah, he mixed it up constantly. Which is great, it made sure I don't linger too long on his sides lest I get dealt an elbow to the face.

Edited by TheErebus.