Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

27 minutes ago, StallordD said:

Was gud game. Debating on whether to start NG+, farm out all the covenants, or reroll a new character to twink as Solaire.

I'm doin' both. 

NG+ to get other ending

New character for strength and faith build

Most already finished the game? I'm only at the 5th bonfire was it the Wall Tower?

Anyway, killed the funky monster casually. Climbed up and just threw bombs and sniped with the longbow. Paused to take the character selfie with the beastie on the right. I'm liking the katana and the pyromancer class. It took me awhile to farm for 20,000 souls just to buy the tower key. 

uL0ghZ0.jpg

4 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Are you talking about Anri? That's a guy for me...

Anri is the opposite of your characters gender because a certain ending requires you to "marry" them.

edit: just beat the pontiff. when i beat the game i'm debating going into NG+ using the sword of judgement and running like a spell sword.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

Anri is the opposite of your characters gender because a certain ending requires you to "marry" them.

That's sad, I like my yuri couples. Also, yeah I saw the ending and I think calling it marriage is exaggerating to say the least. 

28 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

That's sad, I like my yuri couples. Also, yeah I saw the ending and I think calling it marriage is exaggerating to say the least. 

That's what it's called in the storyline. i'm currently going for that ending. just found anri in the boreal valley, haven't gone past the boss bonfire. might go into the dungeon next.

18 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That's what it's called in the storyline. i'm currently going for that ending. just found anri in the boreal valley, haven't gone past the boss bonfire. might go into the dungeon next.

Didn't like that one from what I've seen, I'll go for the firekeeper eyes one. Which I'm not going to spoil for me.

Edited by Skycook3y

9 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Didn't like that one from what I've seen, I'll go for the firekeeper eyes one. Which I'm not going to spoil for me.

ah. i wonder what would happen if you complete all conditions for all the endings in one playthrough. what would happen

edit: after a bit of googling. its impossible because to trigger each ending requires a different "trigger" ._. and there are only 3 endings xD

Edited by LordOfScrugging

21 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

ah. i wonder what would happen if you complete all conditions for all the endings in one playthrough. what would happen

Well if you have all three available then you could choose between your ending and my ending because yours and the standard one have the same trigger.

Just now, Skycook3y said:

Well if you have all three available then you could choose between your ending and my ending because yours and the standard one have the same trigger.

Well i believe the lord of hollows takes over the link the fire end. so if i complete it i can't trigger the normal end. it would be between lord of hollows and usurping the fire (your ending, its not called eyes of the fire keeper)

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Well i believe the lord of hollows takes over the link the fire end. so if i complete it i can't trigger the normal end. it would be between lord of hollows and usurping the fire (your ending, its not called eyes of the fire keeper)

That's what I meant with "yours and the standard one have the same trigger", though I phrased that weirdly. Also, your ending is called usurping the fire. Mine is ending the fire. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

That's what I meant with "yours and the standard one have the same trigger", though I phrased that weirdly. Also, your ending is called usurping the fire. Mine is ending the fire. Just saying.

Ah, the guide i was looking at mislabeled them. i'm gonna assume there will be 5 endings when the DLC is out like they did with dark souls 2 (can't remember specifically. when you get all the crowns and sit on some throne)

So, guys...

Have you had any rage / emotional moments yet? Because i sure did. The game is slowly driving me insane i think.

Fisrt the giant skeleton head-***. High King Fjolnir or something like that. I got mad bacause i could not hit the ring on his left hand, he was constantly moving it around. Had to summon a sunbro and use a bow. Once more: having range attack in your arsenal is a must do, in case of... Stuff like this. Also: skeletons. ARMY of skeletons. TOO MANY SKELETONS MAN!

Then: the Moon City as, i call it, inhabited by moon people and DOGS. The dogs drove me insane, because they would dodge all my attacks, and move all over the damm place. Fighting more than 1 is a hellish experience. Shieldless gameplay is proving to be innefective but i won't give up. Once again: range weapons FTW.

Then the moon people / elfs, as i call them. Their attack patterns and range are insane (the sword one especially) and i hate them with passion.

And then Pontiaff Suleiman happend. I think that was his name... He's litetally just straight up upgrade of sword-weilding moon people to a boss status with insane combos of 5 and more attacks. Just URGH. It wouldn't be that bad if the boss area wasn't beating my FPS with a wired bat. This one made me angry at the game for being too strong for my PC. Hard to dodge a 10 attack combo with 15 FPS and target locking screwing up camera angles. I simply could not see the attacks coming, it was blind panic-rolling at this point.

I ended up calling 2 sunbros while screaming in bloodlust before we absolutely destroyed the bastard's butthole. F U Sulriman-or-whatever-your-name-is!

Then the fire monkeys from the dungeons happend and their little turret-fireballs. SO. MANY. FIREBALLS. IN MY ***.

*angry screaming intensifies*

Edited by Artek94

Just now, 321agemo said:

Thinking of getting this on console since my laptop isn't great. Just want to know if i need to have played previous DS to know the “story”.

The story in Souls series is very... Vague i think the word is? It's all open to interpretation. You can watch some youtube videos from people who figured it out one way or another.

I'll try explain what i understand of it: the fate of the world is dependant on The Flame. While the flame is bright - it's called the Age Of Fire. When everything is bright and awesome for everyone involved. But when the flame fades - the Age Of Dark comes instead.

When the flame fades - people become undead and with each death they hollow until they lose their memory and sanity and become, basically, zombies that attack everything in sight. Or go limb and passive in some cases.

What you must understand is that Dark Souls is a game about cycles. About stories repeating themselves, about kingdoms being build upon ruins of those who were before them.

Dark Souls 1 was about The Age Of Fire nearing to it's end and the Lord Gwyn, who started it and didn't wanted it to end, trying to do anything stop Age Of Darkness. He tried really hard, but failed. In the end the fate of the world depends on the Chosen Undead (the player) who chooses should he start a new Age Of Fire or let the Darkness come. The choice does not matter in long term, since both light and dark are two sides of the same coin, part of the same cycle.

In Dark Souls 2 the story repeated itself, with a new guy by the nickname Bearer Of The Curse trying to do the same. However endings in DS2 are different in concept. One ending is to continue the cycle, and only the player knows if his character choses light or dark.

The other ending was to break the cycle, to let the world to figure it out by itself. There is an NPC in the game, called Aldia who managed to broke apart from the cycle too, but in the end all he could do is to watch same story to repeat itself. Forever alone outside of the cycle. It's up to you if you shall accompany him or do what everyone hopes you to do.

Some people suggest that Dark Souls 3 is what became of the world after Bearer Of The Curse broke the cycle, which explains why everything looks to be 200% f'd up.

The goal in DS3 is to link the First Flame - the final and last resort to fix this broken world.

Or not... You know... Whatever floats your boat. None of player's character ever have any pre-set individuality or goals. Maybe you just like killing things? Maybe you just like to see thr world burn? It's all up to you, in all of the games.

Edited by Artek94

On 4/17/2016 at 6:13 PM, LordOfScrugging said:

you can respec. how far are you? I just found the respec npc myself. said npc can also allow you to redo your appearance if you so choose.

I found her after a while now. Currently at soul level 120, FUGS rekts everyone. My combat waifu is complete.

Character:

RquOYCD.png

Stats:

pNPImt9.jpg

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Not done yet, but -

Spoiler

damn those Catarina Knights, always making me shed a tear...
no wonder they are called Onion Knights :,(

On 04/19/2016 at 4:49 PM, Artek94 said:

The story in Souls series is very... Vague i think the word is? It's all open to interpretation. You can watch some youtube videos from people who figured it out one way or another.

I'll try explain what i understand of it: the fate of the world is dependant on The Flame. While the flame is bright - it's called the Age Of Fire. When everything is bright and awesome for everyone involved. But when the flame fades - the Age Of Dark comes instead.

When the flame fades - people become undead and with each death they hollow until they lose their memory and sanity and become, basically, zombies that attack everything in sight. Or go limb and passive in some cases.

What you must understand is that Dark Souls is a game about cycles. About stories repeating themselves, about kingdoms being build upon ruins of those who were before them.

Dark Souls 1 was about The Age Of Fire nearing to it's end and the Lord Gwyn, who started it and didn't wanted it to end, trying to do anything stop Age Of Darkness. He tried really hard, but failed. In the end the fate of the world depends on the Chosen Undead (the player) who chooses should he start a new Age Of Fire or let the Darkness come. The choice does not matter in long term, since both light and dark are two sides of the same coin, part of the same cycle.

In Dark Souls 2 the story repeated itself, with a new guy by the nickname Bearer Of The Curse trying to do the same. However endings in DS2 are different in concept. One ending is to continue the cycle, and only the player knows if his character choses light or dark.

The other ending was to break the cycle, to let the world to figure it out by itself. There is an NPC in the game, called Aldia who managed to broke apart from the cycle too, but in the end all he could do is to watch same story to repeat itself. Forever alone outside of the cycle. It's up to you if you shall accompany him or do what everyone hopes you to do.

Some people suggest that Dark Souls 3 is what became of the world after Bearer Of The Curse broke the cycle, which explains why everything looks to be 200% f'd up.

The goal in DS3 is to link the First Flame - the final and last resort to fix this broken world.

Or not... You know... Whatever floats your boat. None of player's character ever have any pre-set individuality or goals. Maybe you just like killing things? Maybe you just like to see thr world burn? It's all up to you, in all of the games.

So... Yes and no then. There's a story but technically the previous games don't matter too much. Gotcha.

10 hours ago, Ahcruna said:

Not done yet, but -

Reveal hidden contents

damn those Catarina Knights, always making me shed a tear...
no wonder they are called Onion Knights :,(

Always such merry folk in the face of such grim situations.

2 hours ago, 321agemo said:

So... Yes and no then. There's a story but technically the previous games don't matter too much. Gotcha.

They kinda do, let's just call the first game the Origin story of the whole series, which it is.
there are some NPC's and locales that you will have little to no clue as to what they are doing there or what they are if you never played the other games. this is where you'll have to go watch Youtube videos that explain all that stuff if you haven't.

One of the best ways to gather up lore yourself (through the whole series) is to read item descriptions, not just weapons but also minor items that you might have in your possession for just a brief time. it should also be noted that a lot of the environments have visual clues all over the place, it might just be a small decal on a wall or something like a big boulder.

Not to mention that you'll encounter some old faces in DS3, both deceased and living that have absolutely no emotional impact what so ever if you've never played the first games, be that sadness or plain out hilarity.

Trust me, you will enjoy the game a ton more if you just blast through the whole series, I mean not even just reading a wiki or watching a video has the same impact as actually experiencing some of those events in the game for yourself, and later seeing the aftermath on the other games. ;)

In short, play the games, watch lore videos "after you finished the game of course" go to the next and repeat.
I do highly recommend to play the first game, it still has the best designed map in the whole series.

Edited by Ahcruna

On 4/19/2016 at 11:31 AM, RevivedEdgeLord said:

I found her after a while now. Currently at soul level 120, FUGS rekts everyone. My combat waifu is complete.

Character:

Hide contents

RquOYCD.png

Stats:

Reveal hidden contents

pNPImt9.jpg

How'd you get those stats? i should be in the hundreds (can't remember off the top of my head) and i'm nowhere near those stats. 

2 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

How'd you get those stats? i should be in the hundreds (can't remember off the top of my head) and i'm nowhere near those stats. 

Simple:

Rings

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord