Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking to do the 8-Man Missions on PlayStation 4. Tips?

(PSN)RaivynLyken

Question

Ever since they came out, I've been very interested, but never have luck getting into a group. Especially when it comes to my mods since I'm only using one Primed at this time, which is Primed Flow on the frame itself. Is there something I'm doing wrong or are these "raids" very inclusive to those already established among one another?

My Saryn setup as follows:

• Steel Charge (Aura)
  • ???? (Still finding what one I like best for her Exilus Adapter)
  • Primed Flow (Rank 10)
  • Continuity (Maxed)
  • Intensify (Maxed)
  • Blind Range (Rank 10)
  • Vitality (Maxed)
  • Streamline (Maxed)
  • Stretch (Maxed)
  • Regenerative Molt (Augment)

As for her helmet I run Chlora. As for weapons, that'd be a huge post alone since I bounce between Mutalist Cernos, Bo Prime (or Lesion) and Marlok pistol.. All builds go for substained high damage/status change mods.

11 answers to this question

my best advice:

- DON'T focus on killing. CC is the way to go, as the level 80+ mobs will just shred you. focus on objectives and leave enemies alone.

- bring a Vauban. excellent CC, just remember that Vauban is a bit squishy

- bring an EV Trinity, unless you're all Zenurik. you will need energy to get these missions done.

- communicate: this is SUPER important: if you don't have a mic, you should get one. communicating ith one another is essential to completing a raid.

- relax: it's easy to get frustrated, and things WILL go wrong from time to time, but going all caps in squad chat or screaming down the mic won't solve anything, and there's enough toxicity out there as it is.

- practice: it took me a LOT of attempts to do Law of Retribution, but you'll learn it, and eventually know it quite well.

most of all, try and have fun!

For your aura you're best off using corrosive projection, people are extremely picky when it comes to aura mods.

Plus running your saryn probably doesn't help getting into a squad as i've never seen a saryn in a squad. People pretty much only like specific frames for the raids, pretty much the only frames that are used for raids are EV trinity, blessing trinity, blinding mirage, Loki to carry bomb (sometimes they get a slova for it) those are the primary 4 that you MUST have in a raid obviously, however sometimes people require vauban, or frost. I've never seen any other warframes used for.

You're best off with going 5/6 people rather than a crew of 8 it gets really annoying when someone steps off the pads on the second part of LoR.

Also you're best off using your own key and finding he frames i mentioned above, trying to get invited is sometimes annoying as lots play LoR. One other thing when recruiting post experienced players only and than when someone messages you confirm they have experience.

As far as mods go, you do not really need any primed mods, sure they help but they're not needed

Before i ever beat LoR i tried 3 times and failed until i started doing the above and have passed it every single game

Edited by (PS4)drahkel

Don't bring Saryn, that's your first mistake. Easiest role to start playing Raids is Mirage. Use a zero forma Prism blind build, spam every 5 or so seconds, bring Corrosive Projection and you're golden. Just play an observer role and watch what people do. I'll break it down for you. There are 3 missions to complete. You are trying to complete tasks while using CC on the enemies rather than killing anything.

Mission 1: Destroy Toxin Injectors. Make your way to the main arena room with 2 consoles in the middle. Hack these 2 consoles, which drops a Tritium Battery. This is picked up and drains the carrier's energy per second. They cannot use abilities while carrying. The battery needs to charge to 100% while draining the carrier, if they reach zero energy they drop it and it explodes, downing nearby Tenno and resetting the process. EV trinity is usually used to keep the carrier's energy up. This battery is taken to 1 of 4 rooms, each of which has a toxin injector and 4 consoles that need hacking to make the toxin injector vulnerable(wires from the Injector lead to each console). When it is vulnerable and the battery is charged, the battery is dropped on the injector to blow it up. The process is repeated for all 4 injector rooms to complete the mission.

Mission 2: Steal the Formorian Core.

This is a 2 task mission. Make your way to the main puzzle room. At each corner of this room is a console, only 1 of these 4 will light up at a time and needs to be hacked. Once it is, the main monitor in the room will display a symbol correlating to one of the many pads in this room. A Tenno then stands on the pad and the process is repeated until all players are on a pad and the puzzle is completed. This is VERY IMPORTANT - Do not get off your pad, don't jump, don't use a decoy etc, just stay still and defend against any scorpions or manics trying to drag you off. If you leave your pad before the very last player is on theirs, you will down yourself and anyone else on a pad and reset the entire puzzle, usually leading to rage quits.

After finishing this room you will move onto stealing the core, which is a Hijack mission. IMPORTANT - If the core is destroyed the entire Raid is failed. If you have to get on a pad in this part stay on until the leader signals all clear. The pads work in pairs in each room and turn off electricity on the rail the core uses and will heavily damage the core if someone gets off their pad at the wrong time. Again, watch for Scorpions and Manics. Also do not go near the core as you will power it forwards.  1 person drives the core, only 1. The G3 and Vay Hek will also appear in the main room to cause you problems, scare Hek off and blow away the G3. Continue through each room of pads until the core is safe, mission complete.

Mission 3: Kill Vay Hek. Make your way to the final arena and trigger the start of the final task. There are 5 chimney stacks with a room under each one and a central platform. First look for the enemy carrying a battery and kill him. A Tenno picks up the battery which needs to be charged and then enters one of the 5 furnace rooms. To do this 2 others must stand on pads to open the door(wires lead from each door to the pads to show which ones). They then drop the bomb in the furnace and leave the room fast, igniting a fire under Vay Hek, who will move to another chimney. Repeat this until all 5 are lit and Vay Hek will attack. Kill him and you've finished the Raid. Note that the central platform has consoles around it. If enemies manage to hack all of them the chimney task is reset.

As you can see this is all about teamwork. Each frame plays a role in the Raid hence the specific nature of acceptable frames. Loki with high energy pool carrys the bomb and disarms enemies. EV trin replenishes the carrier's energy as well as allowing ability spam all Raid. Vauban, Mirage, Slow Nova all good for CC. Bless Trinity essential for surviving the lvl 100 enemies. Frost can use bubbles to protect the Hijack core. Banshee can use sonar to kill G3 and more importantly lvl 100 Vay Hek, in a few shots. Saryn has no real use. Build yourself a Mirage blind build and look in recruitment for H > LoR, lf Blind Mirage. Good luck.

22 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Don't bring Saryn, that's your first mistake. Easiest role to start playing Raids is Mirage. Use a zero forma Prism blind build, spam every 5 or so seconds, bring Corrosive Projection and you're golden. Just play an observer role and watch what people do. I'll break it down for you. There are 3 missions to complete. You are trying to complete tasks while using CC on the enemies rather than killing anything.

Mission 1: Destroy Toxin Injectors. Make your way to the main arena room with 2 consoles in the middle. Hack these 2 consoles, which drops a Tritium Battery. This is picked up and drains the carrier's energy per second. They cannot use abilities while carrying. The battery needs to charge to 100% while draining the carrier, if they reach zero energy they drop it and it explodes, downing nearby Tenno and resetting the process. EV trinity is usually used to keep the carrier's energy up. This battery is taken to 1 of 4 rooms, each of which has a toxin injector and 4 consoles that need hacking to make the toxin injector vulnerable(wires from the Injector lead to each console). When it is vulnerable and the battery is charged, the battery is dropped on the injector to blow it up. The process is repeated for all 4 injector rooms to complete the mission.

Mission 2: Steal the Formorian Core.

This is a 2 task mission. Make your way to the main puzzle room. At each corner of this room is a console, only 1 of these 4 will light up at a time and needs to be hacked. Once it is, the main monitor in the room will display a symbol correlating to one of the many pads in this room. A Tenno then stands on the pad and the process is repeated until all players are on a pad and the puzzle is completed. This is VERY IMPORTANT - Do not get off your pad, don't jump, don't use a decoy etc, just stay still and defend against any scorpions or manics trying to drag you off. If you leave your pad before the very last player is on theirs, you will down yourself and anyone else on a pad and reset the entire puzzle, usually leading to rage quits.

After finishing this room you will move onto stealing the core, which is a Hijack mission. IMPORTANT - If the core is destroyed the entire Raid is failed. If you have to get on a pad in this part stay on until the leader signals all clear. The pads work in pairs in each room and turn off electricity on the rail the core uses and will heavily damage the core if someone gets off their pad at the wrong time. Again, watch for Scorpions and Manics. Also do not go near the core as you will power it forwards.  1 person drives the core, only 1. The G3 and Vay Hek will also appear in the main room to cause you problems, scare Hek off and blow away the G3. Continue through each room of pads until the core is safe, mission complete.

Mission 3: Kill Vay Hek. Make your way to the final arena and trigger the start of the final task. There are 5 chimney stacks with a room under each one and a central platform. First look for the enemy carrying a battery and kill him. A Tenno picks up the battery which needs to be charged and then enters one of the 5 furnace rooms. To do this 2 others must stand on pads to open the door(wires lead from each door to the pads to show which ones). They then drop the bomb in the furnace and leave the room fast, igniting a fire under Vay Hek, who will move to another chimney. Repeat this until all 5 are lit and Vay Hek will attack. Kill him and you've finished the Raid. Note that the central platform has consoles around it. If enemies manage to hack all of them the chimney task is reset.

As you can see this is all about teamwork. Each frame plays a role in the Raid hence the specific nature of acceptable frames. Loki with high energy pool carrys the bomb and disarms enemies. EV trin replenishes the carrier's energy as well as allowing ability spam all Raid. Vauban, Mirage, Slow Nova all good for CC. Bless Trinity essential for surviving the lvl 100 enemies. Frost can use bubbles to protect the Hijack core. Banshee can use sonar to kill G3 and more importantly lvl 100 Vay Hek, in a few shots. Saryn has no real use. Build yourself a Mirage blind build and look in recruitment for H > LoR, lf Blind Mirage. Good luck.

I've read quite a bit of what you said, but honestly? I suck at other frames. Saryn/Inaros/Nekros are my best ones when I do play them, but sadly I don't have much into them. As far as Mirage goes? I can't stand her. She's boring to me. I've tried the Suros/Mirage build and hated it/ I found myself bored within hours. It sucks that it seems that a lot of people are preferring other Warframes. To be honest? It should be the ability of players skill with their frame versus CC's, etc.

Oddly I'm a Saryn/Inaris/Nekros main player. With over 500+ hours on Nekros alone played. He's an amazing character and easily one of my favourite. 

Mirage is boring I agree, only if you're blind spamming though. The purpose of using her is not to play a frame you enjoy, it's to give you an easy leg up to do your first raid. Spam prism, observe and learn. The reason that only CC is viable is because the missions are full of lvl 100 enemies, with lvl 100 Manics literally everywhere and lvl 90 G3 also. Nobody wants to be killing that level of enemy constantly while trying to complete these specific tasks so CC is the way to go. If just 1 Tenno goes down it can cause serious problems.

Use the recommended frames and get good at the Raid, then you can try bringing a different frame with mates. But strictly speaking in a pub group you'd be asked to leave if you tried it as it doesn't help anybody. The 3 frames you've mentioned have absolutely no use in the Raid, nobody will be thanking you for killing enemies because that means they have to then CC the new ones you caused to spawn. Try standing still on a small pad that you must stay on for several minutes(or reset/possibly fail the mission) while Manics are pouncing and Scorpions are trying to drag you off. Then tell me you don't need any CC. 

Edited by Zilchy

Got into one tonight as Inaros. That was rather fun/interesting due to his play style, etc. While he's a great damage dealer, he also is heavy on CC's thanks to all of his abilities. We almost got past the first bit of it, but the Maniacs kept downing our Trinity and our Vauban quite easily. Our Slova did great until she ran out of energy since she came in poorly built for it. Blind Rage with nothing to counteract the power cost. I'll definitely be giving it another go as Inaros. He's quickly becoming my favourite frame thus far in the title.

5 hours ago, (PS4)RaivynLyken said:

Got into one tonight as Inaros. That was rather fun/interesting due to his play style, etc. While he's a great damage dealer, he also is heavy on CC's thanks to all of his abilities. We almost got past the first bit of it, but the Maniacs kept downing our Trinity and our Vauban quite easily. Our Slova did great until she ran out of energy since she came in poorly built for it. Blind Rage with nothing to counteract the power cost. I'll definitely be giving it another go as Inaros. He's quickly becoming my favourite frame thus far in the title.

Maniacs ? your team need a good mirage ( 235% range ) and 1 good Bless ( 282% power duration ). Also CC alone can't help you pass stage 3, when Vay Hek nukes your team by his rockets.

Slova only need 145% power strength to slow enemy, so Transient Fortitude is enough.